EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Chiquihuite

[Focused Testing] Magnify Tower (DF)

Hey guys,

We've made some changes to the way Magnify tower works in this update and now we want to get your thoughts on it. All you have to do is play at least one game of EleTD 0.1 and make use of the Magnify Tower (and its upgrades) during the game. Once that's done, post your thoughts here in roughly the following format-

1. What wave did you begin using it on?

2. Did you feel like you had a clear understanding of how it works? If not, what about it was confusing?

3. Was the tower "fun" to use?

4. Fun aside, did it feel like an effective choice? Was it worth the investment?

5. Is there anything you didn't like about it? If so, what would you do differently?

Beyond that. Feel free to contribute any other thoughts, screenshots, replays, or anything else you want to share. We want to make sure every one of our towers adds something meaningful to the game and your feedback will be a major part of achieving that goal before release :)

Various levels using the commands

2. Did you feel like you had a clear understanding of how it works? If not, what about it was confusing?

Yes

No, it was rather annoying

4. Fun aside, did it feel like an effective choice? Was it worth the investment?

No having to wait so long for just one attack is virtually useless apart from ele bosses.

5. Is there anything you didn't like about it? If so, what would you do differently?

You cannot control what it attacks, if you mash the control button it does 0 damage and does not charge until you stop mashing.

Instead of having to constantly get the tower to fire early, it would be easier if we had a slider that we could set. So if we set it to max it would shoot after it fully charged,(like it does now) and if we set it to min, it would fire after charging for one second, without the user having to click fire every second. (and of course everything in between as well)

Also i think it does not do enough damage at lower levels.

You have it set to:

tower.......... damage per second

60.............. 60

140............ 70 +10

241............ 80 +10 <<< problem area

368............ 92 +12

598............ 120 +28

928............ 155 +35

1400.......... 200 +45

So as you let it charge it does more damage, but WAY more damage then if you had it shoot every second (200>>60)

What i would propose:

tower............ damage per interval

60.............. 60

124............ 62 +2

195............ 65 +3

280............ 70 +5

385............ 77 +7

516............ 86 +9

700............ 100 +14

where the interval is less than one, maybe .5s

confusing

Nope, I prefer the "old" Fire+Darkness Magic Tower (spell to double dmg 10 seconds)

Nope, was too soon wave to start using it...1400 dmg versus mobs of 40 hps ...

I prefer the "old" Fire+Darkness Magic Tower (spell to double dmg 10 seconds) :)

1: 14

2: Sure.

3. Not without a hotkey. and it needs a faster charge rate.

4. With a faster charge rate yes.

5Setting to set the max would be cool, but thad take all the micro out. Though if you forgot the tower early on then itd be really weak till you remembered to fix it

Wave 18 with -min command I made 6 of them.

No. Tooltips and descriptions confusing, and animations overlapping with charge bar make it near-impossible to see how many charges. What do the buttons do and why are there 2 buttons? Pressing C does nothing as far as I can tell. If someone can explain how this is designed to work I will try to micro it but right now I don't get how to make it work.

Not at all. See above. When you have more than 1 (I had 6) they all have different charge levels. How are you supposed to synchronize them?

I was not leaking with simply 6 amplified fire/dark towers and when I made them all Magnify I was leaking 3-5 each wave

Pretty much everything. I miss Magic tower, that was my favorite tower in wc3. If you are going to keep it, you need to make the descriptions understandable and simplify it.

15, 14, 13 so many games i tried to use it differently

why does it charge only when creeps around ?

nah, triggering every shot by oneself during normal waves is a pain in the ass

nope, good bosskiller though if u are at waves x*5

i still dont understand why it only charges when creeps around.

needs autoshot function (with low dps whatever) or wont ever be used against normal waves. fruit wave is different though

keep up the good work!

Sign in to follow this