EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Moriquendu

Suggestions for terrain

First of all, I'm amazed by the detail of the various terrains. Really nice job done there.

- My suggestion is to utilize more of this terrain. Many people play the game mostly on single-player, without the possiblity to choose the slot or color. Even if they play on multiplayer, it's usually not a full-house game. So after a while, everyone will have enough of the Jungle tileset for red player, and players Blue/Teal/Purple will be quite used to it as well. Other terrains will be very little 'inhabited', usually. So I'd like to ask if there's a possibility to randomize start locations. I'm totally not an expert in SC2 editor, so I don't know the effort required, but it would be a waste not to have people play on different tilesets and environment!

- My other suggestion is, remove the water from the Blue / Protoss Jungle map. It looks nice, but it can be an FPS killer, if you got a weaker machine and Reflections on, especially with all the light sources (explosions, units) around in lategame. It also seemed to make units less visible.

- The Zerg environment (player 8) looks awesome.

agreed! there's no way to change area in single player.. if it's not possible to choose, start the player at a random slot. at least in single player wc3 you could move to the desired slot to change area..

I don't like the fact, that the units, that are running around at the edge of the area are visible on the map. It's kinda distracting. I believe there is an option to turn this off, right?

Apart from that, I like the designs. It sure comes in handy, that you are able to use elements from all tilesets.

I think it's already been mentioned by the terrain developer, that these units will have their minimap appearance turned off. I don't remember where did I read it, though.

I think it's already been mentioned by the terrain developer, that these units will have their minimap appearance turned off. I don't remember where did I read it, though.

It would actually require a data change to do this, but it's definitely something we *can* do if Karawasa wants to go that route.

Sign in to follow this