EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Moriquendu

Bugs by Moriquendu

Few bugs I have noticed within games I've played - Everything edited into the first post:

EleTD v0.0

Towers

- Laser Tower (the one with Interceptors) takes 6 supply. I suppose it's because of the interceptor units.

- Forge Tower sometimes casts the damage buff on triggers, or environment units: screenshot

- Torrent Tower and Nova Tower do not require Level 2 of any elements to be upgraded. These tower don't upgrade however, the buff for "Tower Upgrade Completed" stays on them, and the towers aren't swapped.

- Celerity Tower and Disease Tower attacks with their "on attack" ability without cooldown, resulting in continuous usage of the passive ability on whoever the tower has "locked" on. Dozens of times per second.

- Some towers show Armor icon, and it's blank: Laser Tower, Perpetual Tower, Plasma Tower

- Tidal Tower does now show any icon or tooltip update to reflect the number of charges accumulated for the active ability. I also -think- that the range of the ability isn't covering the tower range (details about it's AoE are also missing from the tooltip)

Creeps/Waves

- Several Waves (example: 54) end up prematurely. "Moriquendu has cleared wave 54." even though more than 80% creeps were still alive. It happened to me occasionally on other waves, too (Non-illusion, non-undead waves, as well): screenshot

- I reached Level 62. I got a message I cleared level 60 when there were still 4 Raynors alive, I got into "level 61" where nothing came out, I killed the Raynors, and I advanced to level 62.

- Illusions spawned by all "Illusion" waves are under control of Player 1. They also have the ability to create another illusion, so player in control can use illusions indefinitely at the moment.

- Illusions seem to deplete lives when they reach exit.

Aesthetics

- Typo in placeholder text on mouseover at difficulty choosing - It said 'diffuculty'

- When I research interest rate for myself, the message seemed to be displayed to other players as well. They said it didn't actually affect their interest, though

- Scoreboards were only visible for the Red player. Players on slots 2-8 couldn't see own scoreboards or scoreboards of other non-red players.

- The "Terran City" tileset (For player Teal) has a lot of high buildings on the bottom edge, that kind of obscure view for the very bottom lane where creeps go. I know they turn transparent once you slide your camera over there, but it could be annoying if someone was trying to micro their towers selecting targets down there. But that's a minor issue.

- The "Heat Ray" wave looks more like they were Darkness, but armor says "Fire". It just could be a little confusing, most of the times you could tell the element of the wave by just looking at it. Very minor as well.

- Suggestion: I'm kind of missing the option to stay in the game once your lives count reaches 0. You only get a dialogue to click "Quit", and no possiblity to chat there. It would cool to be able to stay and chat/observe after being defeated. Also, towers of the defeated player didn't disappear for player Purple (I don't know if they did after I was 'gone').

Overall, the game looks very... complete as for an alpha. Amazing work!

Nono, it's fine :P

Also you died PLENTY of times after you left. There was an 8 hp level 3 fire that just run arround and arround and arround. . . and every time it reached the end you got eliminated. Towers was left there.

Updated the first post with new findings, in short here:

- Forge Tower casting buff on wrong units

- Celerity Tower has no cooldown

- Torrent Tower doesn't upgrade

- Laser Tower takes 6 supply

- Some waves ended prematurely as if I killed them, even if I didn't

- I reached Level 62. I got a message I cleared level 60 when there were still 4 Raynors alive, I got into "level 61" where nothing came out, I killed the Raynors, and I advanced to level 62.

Btw. I could volunteer to gather the bugs scattered all over the forums and sort them into fields of interest, severity, etc, if you will need something like that.

Btw. I could volunteer to gather the bugs scattered all over the forums and sort them into fields of interest, severity, etc, if you will need something like that.

I really appreciate the offer. But, I've always just used a simple list and memory to get it done. Judging by what I've seen from you so far, I'd prefer you spend time posting instead. Great stuff.

I think the range on the usable ability of old "Tidal Tower" is too short and does not cover tower range. But I need to re-test it.

It also misses some kind of "buff" or tooltip update, to reflect how many charges are actually accumulated - That would help a lot.

No, it's actually attacking very fast (Every 1/256th of a second, or how much is the lowest "update" timer in StarCraft II. Hell, I am still Diablo II-minded). It starts lagging my PC and you can see healthbars going down, and animations firing, constantly, since the moment it first locked on it's target, till it's down. I didn't check the actual -number- there, but that's what makes it kill everything in a glimpse.

Sign in to follow this