EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryukira

Strategies

Guest Ryukira

Hi, im new here but i've been playing ele TD for about 1 year, havent really had the chance to get any strategy suggestions from the people i've played with since they've usually sucked even harder than me.

Would however be nice to get som feedback/new ideas from the pros:p

Guest energig

well, i wouldnt say im exactly a pro, but i can tell you that one easy way to win is to use lots of slow towers (storm,glacier and ice).

If you want real detailed tactics then cisz is your man :D

Guest sillyboy_tomato

like what energig said:

Having slows and other disables really really maximizes every tower's fire power.

Towers i say off such as:

Root tower and upgrades

moon tower and upgrades

Ice tower and upgrades

storm tower

poison tower

sludge tower

glacial tower

nova tower( my fave )

GEm tower (attk has chance to stun)

You also need to put VARIATION to your towers. Having only 2 - 3 types of tower in your defense will hardly grant you a victory...

try to have at LEAST 3 elements... Having one of each element is very very good.

Guest milkeh

hi guys!

its been awhile and gosh are the forums revamped! hehe my account got wiped out all along ;p

Anyway on-topic:

ELETD's main strength is its VARIETY! There's no such thing as standard cookie-cutter just to win. Im basing my statement from the previous forums where we had the good 'ol challenges where cisz always managed to get it done first T_T

tip: if u still cant get the hang of the game, go for AoE slow towers (ice,glacier,even storm/monsoon towers work wonders so much its not even funny anymore) and pack some fast AoE hitters (fire-based towers) at choke points (the parts where the creeps change direction). Towers placed correctly is the key of the game.

i miissed the good 'ol mass solar tower abuse :D

P.S.

DLed and tested the latest map. its already way different from when version 3.0 beta first came out and had buggy areas,hehe. Good job y'all

What can i say, but thank you for all the compliments. :oops::D

And listen to them. Slow and splash attack towers are the key to victory. Forget single target towers, especially the long ranged ones. (You can win with single target towers, but it's neither nice nor practical.)

Guest Sancdar

AoE slows are especially powerful in 3.0, since the minimum movespeed was dropped to a quarter of what it had been previously.

Guest Ryukira

Yeah, im not that noob^^ Im well aware of the absolute gayness of teh good ol¨nova+storm+glacier combo, its just that i have no clue of other "well known" strategies

Guest Ryukira

Whoa, was like a completely diffrent game seeing u play, with all the microing and stuff. However a build that relies on sun towers but dont actiually need them bour about 1/3 of teh game is kinfa odd, imba, but odd

Edit: sry for double post

Yeah, im not that noob^^ Im well aware of the absolute gayness of teh good ol¨nova+storm+glacier combo, its just that i have no clue of other "well known" strategies

In the old forums there was challenge 8.

Basically the challenge means this: Use only 4 elements (no pures or interest picks). There are 15 possible builds with 4 elements, and here is what the forum members did with it:

Nr. ldwfne
1  ++++   ldwf  Kokuril (Ice, Acid, Poison, Magic, Electricity, Enchantment, Storm)
                 Kokuril (Ice, Acid, Poison, Magic, Tidal, Electricity, Enchantment, Storm) nl
2  +++ +  ldwn  
3  +++  + ldwe  
4  ++ ++  ldfn  
5  ++ + + ldfe  
6  ++  ++ ldne  
7  + +++  lwfn  
8  + ++ + lwfe  Cataras (Storm, Lava, Earth, Clay, Ice)
9  + + ++ lwne  iluvchicken (Gold, Well, Ice, Glacier, Gem)
                 ShaveTheWhales (Gold, Well, Glacier, Gem)
10  +  +++ lfne  NefariusD (Gold, Root, Lava, Gem)
11   ++++  dwfn  Cisz (Acid, Rainbow, Well, Poison) nl
                 Toblerone (Acid, Rainbow, Drowning, Well, Death, Poison)
12   +++ + dwfe  
13   ++ ++ dwne  
14   + +++ dfne  Cataras (Root, Summoning, Lava, Crypt)
15    ++++ wfne  GipFace (Rainbow, Well, Clay)

About anything with gold works (money tower). You can play them with interest (Check this replay for that), or ice/glacier, or enchantment, or whatever support tower you can think of, and you will have a solid build. (Hint - the gold towers are very high on the to-be-nerfed-o-meter. :wink: )

Same goes for storm builds. Monsson with the included freezing is about minimum speed and, as you just wittnessed, even mass sun is valid with that.

If you are playing single player, mass gem is valid too. It's so incredibly valid, that you don't need anything else. You can litterally end the game with 8 unspent lumber, as you can check out here.

I also like sludge builds. I found out about them when playing random. The basic idea is to use mass level 1 sludge for dark splash attack and slow and finish the creeps with flamethrower and earth towers. So i need dark, fire, and water on level 1 and earth on level 2. Includes acid, clay and some poison for extra support.

So, there are many ways to skin the hobbit. :wink:

Guest sillyboy_tomato

get one of each element and get lvl 2 fire water and dark for Hydro tower then mass slows

Guest Ryukira

Feel sorry for the hobbits getting skinned by such able hands, and i've now tried ur mas sun build 3 times, 2 on vh one h (so all ggc news wouldnt cry, however they did)

apart from the fcat that my bad monsoon microing made me leak some lvl 3s and that my unbelievebly bad rbuying causing me to look 20-30 lives it was fun, really fun

(will check the other 2 replays, will surely be entertaining)

Guest ibeyuranh

looking at the challange 12 in the old forums, looks hard. have to try that one with slows and high damage. Im thinking lvl 3 fire towers plus water and light slows. and the storm tower looks the closest to ensuring victory.

on the side note, i dont think stalling, or making ronald to a complete stop works online. O __ .

OMG, that cisco guy did 50k ronald. thats alot, my comp would lag out. did he do it on single player? ronald never stops when your playing online with other people. O__ . even with over 300 percent slow and stuns.

Ahh - you have found out about my ronald hunting. :D

It is possible multiplayer, but only if all remaining players play very slowly indeed. You have to work together to create an unrealistically high networth by slowing the creeps down and waiting for the interest to run in.

And no, I didn't stop ronald. I killed them. All of them. :twisted: (My highest hunt ended with 70.000 dead ronalds...)

Guest xSolmyRx

Off-note: Cisz... Good to see you again. I've forgotten the server for the EleTD IRC. Won't you please tell me what it is again? :]

On-topic: I have yet to try out this challenge. Gonna become dedicated to Ele TD. :]

My goal is to beat Cisz's amount of Ronalds one day. :P

But I'd need a new PC first. Hehe. :P

Guest ibeyuranh

It is possible multiplayer, but only if all remaining players play very slowly indeed. You have to work together to create an unrealistically high networth by slowing the creeps down and waiting for the interest to run in.

And no, I didn't stop ronald. I killed them. All of them. :twisted: (My highest hunt ended with 70.000 dead ronalds...)

my god, i want replay NOW!!! thats insane, most i ever gotten was around 10000, my computerr cant handle it. i dont think i even killed them, just slowed them like crazy. and i did this with heros so, yeah. probably worse without them.

Guest xSolmyRx

my god, i want replay NOW!!! thats insane, most i ever gotten was around 10000, my computerr cant handle it. i dont think i even killed them, just slowed them like crazy. and i did this with heros so, yeah. probably worse without them.

PROBABLY!? Haha. Heroes play a hectic factor when incorporated into the game.

I don't know how Cisz does it. He was just born to own EleTD. :P

Guest Sancdar

Ronald hunting does work in multiplayer, at least that's where I first discovered you could stop them. I've also managed to hit a million gold in a multiplayer game, but the other players weren't very good. You have to be pretty lucky if you're going to do it, I guess.

Edit: As for strategies, I'm always a fan of showing off a Periodic Table build to new players.

Guest xSolmyRx

Sancdar, I'm interested in viewing some of your replays.

I've heard about obtaining 1 million gold. Can't really picture it, however...

And this periodic table... Hehe. I'm anxious. :P

Guest Sancdar

None of my replays work with the current version of WC3, unfortunately. I haven't really played much over the last nine months. However, I was in the lead in networth when we did the forum megagame, and I've hit a million doing a few of the challenges. When you're playing a weak build, you're obviously not going to go through with incredible speed, so even without intentional delays you can get up there. The Magic Tower in particular lets you get pretty rich.

As for Periodic Tables, you can do a ton of damage with a few of them.

Guest Ryukira

Sancdar, sounds like u gonna hev to up those replays nyways:p Are they 1.20e? in that case in very interested cause i have both 1.20e and 1.21 installed:S

My build is no secret.

Single player, no interest, no disables, just good ol' lfwd-n.

Here is the replay: >> 72k hunt << (tft V.1.20e, 12mb filesize, running time: several days on 8xspeed)

Guest sillyboy_tomato

OMG several days on 8X speed @___@

Well you can reach that gold with stalling right? THen let the interest just flow and flow in

Guest ibeyuranh

omg, several days, dude how does he do it, they never stall for me, plus when they doo, too laggy for me. i think even with whos your daddy, its gonna get harder lol or keysersoze 9000000. and i reach the 1milliong gold mark. not hard.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

well anyways..

THe key really to this gave is having "GOOD PLACEMENTS" of towers and a good "variety" of towers in your arsenal to be able to have roughly no "weak" wave. Massing one tower will just land you a struggle in your' tower's weakness

Guest Sancdar

Unless you do non-elemental damage, of course.

Sign in to follow this