EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
PermanentNoob

High scores for Ronald

As I was wondering what the scores were on the higher difficulty of modes I decided to make a thread for everyone to see the current highscores.

So if you want to get your name on the list I suggest you submit a working replay of v. 4.3 in the main replay forum, not in this post as it can get crowded with time. Then you can also send me a pm to notify me of your replay, no need to send the replay in the pm.

If a mod could sticky this it would be greatly appreciated.

So here goes:

Very Easy :rolleyes:

633 - Single player -- PermanentNoob 1 Very Easy 633 Solo.w3g503 - Multiplayer -- PermanentNoob 1 Very Easy 504 Multi.w3g450 - Without death towers -- PermanentNoob 1 Very Easy 450 NoDeath Solo.w3g

Easy :huh:

? - Single player -- ?

414 - Multiplayer -- PermanentNoob 2 Easy 414 Multi.w3g? - Without death towers -- ?

Normal :unsure:

176 - Single player -- Arirmind 3 Normal 176 NoDeath Solo.w3g264 - Multiplayer -- PermanentNoob 3 Normal 264 Multi.w3g176 - Without death towers -- Arirmind 3 Normal 176 NoDeath Solo.w3g

Hard :(

? - Single player -- ?

? - Multiplayer -- ?

? - Without death towers -- ?

Very Hard :angry:

205 - Single player -- Arirmind 5 Very Hard 205 Solo.w3g? - Multiplayer -- ?

134 - Without death towers -- Arirmind 5 Very Hard 134 NoDeath Solo.w3g

Any ideas welcome.

If I missed a replay that should be here please pm me.

I will keep updating this as I can.

Perm...

I dont know what modes are used but imo ultra short mode shouldnt be allowed. Short mode is fine for me as you can beat first 15 waves without leaks on any difficulty. We sould all aggree and make that as a rule. Especially if we play on hardest difficulty its not trivial task not to mess up anything during first 30 waves.

Also opening records for random mode might be interesting.

I can add

118 ronalds on normal random

and 176 ronalds on normal all-picky

All-pick was without cheesy death towers. Killing ronalds with raw damage is much more satisfying! ^^

As for random.. i think you shouldnt give restriction what to use there. On random you play with what you randomize.

Arir 176 ronald normal.w3g

Arir 118 AR normal ronald kills.w3g

Then if we play on random mode very hard:

Its not easy task to reach ronald wave (playing from start or short mode) so you can post any number of ronald kills. Twilice posted a replay of him going somewhere around 50ish level if i recall it correctly. I have played couple games but so far i have been too greedy or my jugling has failed me before ronalds.

The classic ronald hunts (hosted mostly by 13est/twilice) demanded the player plays all 60 waves in VH difficulty only (pick or random), no other modes added.

Yes i remember all 60 waves had to be played on VH but i think first 15 waves are a bit waste of time. The amount of interest that can be collected during those levels is almost nothing. I have run those first 15 so many times during real ronald hunts that it bores me to the bone .. Especially if you play on random and accuire something stupid like 2 dark elementals and 1 interest you almost have to start over... then on rerun you accidentally leak one and re again TT

nope i havent watched those.

But i`d loved to! Oh boy with 3 interest at start they had to micro like a champ first 30 waves at least. I couldnt do that. I still think interesting parts start far after first 15 waves :)

I wish there would be masses of those replays instead of these VEZ ap games.

Any chance those games could be uploaded on youtube?

Hi

The sole reason I put all modes in highscores was to see the real stats in them all. Perhaps we see a trait sooner or later throughout the modes. Like a linear trendline if you know what I mean.

Now,

I dont know what modes are used but imo ultra short mode shouldnt be allowed. Short mode is fine for me as you can beat first 15 waves without leaks on any difficulty. We sould all aggree and make that as a rule. Especially if we play on hardest difficulty its not trivial task not to mess up anything during first 30 waves.

While I agree we should set some rules about this, I disagree completely that on hardes difficulty the first 15 levels are not trivial. I have been playing lots of Very Hard games online in multiplayer and there is just no way you can get 1k gold within the first 15 or 16 waves. Therefore shorter games are easier on higher difficulty. Especially extra short games where you dont even have to use towers to kill level 3 elements risking a potential loss of lifes. In Hard and Very Hard I suggest either normal length or short mode. Extra short should not be allowed in those two while it does not make that much of a difference in other three. Extra short in easy games might actually be counterproductive imo.

Also opening records for random mode might be interesting.

Its too much work for one person to handle both random and all pick highscores. I chose all pick because I think it is more important to learn first what towers go well together before even trying random. Perhaps any of you would like to make a random highscore thread?

Good stuff

Perm...

I have been playing lots of Very Hard games online in multiplayer and there is just no way you can get 1k gold within the first 15 or 16 waves.

you are wrong. I did i quick test. Played first waves very casually. Saved some interest and let some go. Finished all waves quite normal pace without stacking interest too much and rushed last wave asap (the wave i could stack most interest). I got 1105 gold from first 15 VH waves without using element arrow/cannon towers. If you wanna go for interest as element picks this is even better start.

I think u can squeese to around 1200 gold without exra income elements but that is just a guess. If you are willing to spend extra couple mins to get that 100-200 gold its your choice but i would rather start straight from wave 16.

As for your concern on learning towers, ap is definitely nice way to start. But you learn maybe half of towers by optimizing life/death or whatever you feel is powerful. Playing AR forces you to learn, see and use all towers.

here is replay

first 15 waves.w3g

The last ronald hunt (we have had 2) kind of died out because the lack of players and with the rearrangement of the forums. If you want I can revive it again.

It is certainly possible to have that 1000 gold on VH at level 16 without SM. The number was initially an estimate but confirmed by several VH games played by an expert (not me).

I would say that picking Short Mode actually is a disadvantage. Even on VH you lose a tiny bit of potential gold and this number gets larger as you go easier. I don't think we need to require normal length for Ronalds. The first 15 levels can be boring (that's why I invented this mode) and I don't think it requires massive skill to pass them without leaking.

Extra Short Mode is a different story. While the gold amount there (6000) has been tested too it is a newer addition and wasn't tested as thoroughly. Thus, I would definitely argue against allowing this mode for Ronalds. That, and it certainly is possible to leak in the 16-30 wave segment. It starts too late in the game and the decisions you make levels 16-30 are big ones.

I have been playing lots of Very Hard games online in multiplayer and there is just no way you can get 1k gold within the first 15 or 16 waves.

you are wrong. I did i quick test. Played first waves very casually. Saved some interest and let some go. Finished all waves quite normal pace without stacking interest too much and rushed last wave asap (the wave i could stack most interest). I got 1105 gold from first 15 VH waves without using element arrow/cannon towers. If you wanna go for interest as element picks this is even better start.

I think u can squeese to around 1200 gold without exra income elements but that is just a guess. If you are willing to spend extra couple mins to get that 100-200 gold its your choice but i would rather start straight from wave 16.

As for your concern on learning towers, ap is definitely nice way to start. But you learn maybe half of towers by optimizing life/death or whatever you feel is powerful. Playing AR forces you to learn, see and use all towers.

here is replay

Read my comments before proving them wrong. There is a vast difference in performance in solo and multiplayer and I was not referring to solo play.

Apparently no-one else plays VH. Well here is record with abusing death towers.

205 ronald kills on very hard.

This is not true. While you seem to be the only one with consistently getting better results is simply because you are quicker at it and others are not there just yet. A single game even on short mode takes 30 minutes so that does not leave us many games to be played in 24 hours, does it?

I think as long as you kill all creeps from first 15 waves you should get 1k gold. Its at least pretty close to it as i cant remember getting less than 1k. I can try to kill as fast as possible and see if i can manage under 1k gold but i doubt it. If you dont kill all creeps you are dead, multiplayer or single.

And hey i bettered a bit with my no-death tower build. Pumped it from 100 to 134. Still using Atoms as main damage towers. I wish i could fit in some form of slow as that makes atoms so much better.

Arir 134 VH ronald kills.w3g

I think as long as you kill all creeps from first 15 waves you should get 1k gold. Its at least pretty close to it as i cant remember getting less than 1k. I can try to kill as fast as possible and see if i can manage under 1k gold but i doubt it. If you dont kill all creeps you are dead, multiplayer or single.

And hey i bettered a bit with my no-death tower build. Pumped it from 100 to 134. Still using Atoms as main damage towers. I wish i could fit in some form of slow as that makes atoms so much better.

It is not about killing as fast as possible. It is the problem with the noobs killing as fast as possible on whatever mode they are on, be it very easy, easy or normal. You just cannot expect to get over 1k gold consistently within the first 16 rounds of very hard in multiplayer, therefor short mode is an advantage in this scenario.

Perm..

Ok i redid my test. Rushed through waves and ignored most interest. I got 946 gold at start of wave 16. So its less than 1k gold if there is a good player who rushes through all waves and most of time there is if you play a big multiplayer game.

Still i doubt this 50ish gold is any issue. Especially when playing under normal circumstances you get more gold by if you start from wave 1. On single player that is a fact and on multiplayer its a good opportunity. Even if there is a rusher and u manage to hit all interest you should get at least that 1k.

But as i said if i could get 1200 from normal mode i would still start with 1k at 16. I have even more less respect for this "possible" 50-70 gold shortage. If you disaggree i`m fine with that. Quite irrelevant subject after all.

Ok i redid my test. Rushed through waves and ignored most interest. I got 946 gold at start of wave 16. So its less than 1k gold if there is a good player who rushes through all waves and most of time there is if you play a big multiplayer game.

Still i doubt this 50ish gold is any issue. Especially when playing under normal circumstances you get more gold by if you start from wave 1. On single player that is a fact and on multiplayer its a good opportunity. Even if there is a rusher and u manage to hit all interest you should get at least that 1k.

But as i said if i could get 1200 from normal mode i would still start with 1k at 16. I have even more less respect for this "possible" 50-70 gold shortage. If you disaggree i`m fine with that. Quite irrelevant subject after all.

Are you kidding? I just tested short mode with 2x interest and at the very start of wave 16 you have 1124 gold (if you dont build anything). This means about 20% difference, is this not relevant? But then again, you could argue what the start of wave 16 is, I assumed it would be when the creeps start running. On the other hand I completely agree on this subject in solo mode. Its irrelevant because you have more control of when the round starts and therefor more control over the interest.

I just watched your awesome 134 kills on very hard. The death knight leaks were avoidable though. You had 400k banked and 500k total. To max out your build you only needed about 520k banked gold which is about 400k total. You could have built more towers to kill those death knights and still max out. Still, awesome work on very hard!

If you find my calculations illogical then its because banked gold is 100% while total gold calculates the banked gold + elemental towers * 0,75. I guess you already knew that anyway.

Perm...

Are you kidding? I just tested short mode with 2x interest and at the very start of wave 16 you have 1124 gold (if you dont build anything). This means about 20% difference, is this not relevant? But then again, you could argue what the start of wave 16 is, I assumed it would be when the creeps start running. On the other hand I completely agree on this subject in solo mode. Its irrelevant because you have more control of when the round starts and therefor more control over the interest.

Maybe I missed it, but wouldn't the other half of the story be the gold amount you get playing it out and getting 2x interest? Also, were you in a position to even complete wave 16 if absolutely nothing was built and the wave was running?

Well if you pick those 2 interest on after waves 5 and 10 you might be able to bank quite some more. But lets leave it there. +/- variation is not too big of a deal. Whether its more or less gold. There is no decision to be made during first 15 waves. Good bounties, dangerous waves and whole game starts after that.

Maybe I missed it, but wouldn't the other half of the story be the gold amount you get playing it out and getting 2x interest? Also, were you in a position to even complete wave 16 if absolutely nothing was built and the wave was running?

Are you in any better position 3 seconds before wave 16 on normal? The builder still needs to rebuild given that you sell and rebuild along the way to kill wave 15. Anyway this topic of discussion is for multiplayer but you keep giving examples of solo play. I dont know if you understand that there is a vast difference between solo and multiplayer. Other players use theft on you, finish the round before you giving you no option to sell some of your towers because the waves are coming in too hot. Meaning less interest and total gold.

Im off to play some VH online.

Later

Perm...

I was assuming you'd milk interest by building the minimum needed to kill the wave. This is more inclusive than sell/rebuild (as you just pointed out).

this has been quite a long discussion....i agree with per...

game should be played on multiplayer with extra short and very hard difficulty...

and perm...

why not we members come together once a week and play online multiplayer ??

that will be good ... :)

Sign in to follow this