EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Arirmind

Is "Very Hard" too hard now?

I posted this as a response on one replay but i think i can find more eyes this way:

"Hello guys!

I`m old eletd forum lurker. I havent been visiting this site for many years and now after couple drunken lan eletd matches with friends got some spark again. I`m quite shocked to be honest.

Old rules were: "Play very hard mode, normal (no short) and add replay" otherwise no-one was interested in your results. "All random" high scores were the most sought after as selling/rebuilding multiple element towers all game long is much more skill based than all-pick which tooks almost only knowledge when/where to build. Yes it might took couple runs to get playable element set for very hard but it definitely is more fun than figuring what u need on which level with all-pick. Imo you could start on short mode once u have proven that u can jugle first 15 very hard waves with just basic towers and no leak.

Now most games i see are on all-pick and on top of that they are on easier than very hard or use short/extra short mode. (Maybe i have watched wrong replays...?)

This is not impressing at all compared to Kirby, Jolin012 times! You should at least start using random mode as it might give some skill cap between you and random noob who copies your build order and tower placement. This assuming you can play this game."

Sorry if i was a bit rude but i really wanted to watch some hard core VH SR jugling but couldnt find any. Especially now when u can harass your opponent that actually might be quite entertaining to observe 2 skilled players duking it out with VH same random mode.

TfT is suffering from the replay incompatibility issue. :) There are tons of replays, but barely anyone watches them.

Maybe you can learn how watch old replays? And we definately should do vods on youtube, to get this issue out of the way.

I have some bad experiences from watching old replays. It was so much trouble. :S

If u have time could you arrange a show match (or couple) bewteen you, some other inactive old schoolers (or do you still play regularly..?) and new talents...? That would truly showcase how harassing abilities can be used on newest map.

I think I brought this issue up some time a long time ago. It's pretty hard to do any real ronald records "now".

To be honest I haven't played this for years, I have just still been around lurking. (and I want to have my custom model with my name username... only that karawasa lost the unlocked element td version)

What the OP seems to be lamenting about is more a result of the community (or lack thereof). Back in the "golden age" the community was larger and more active. There was more incentive to play a competitive game (VH Random) and post it for others to see. There were also more people around who were capable of doing so, based on numbers alone.

But, that is why I'm bringing ETD to SC2. There are more people (potential players) on BNET now then there were during the peak time of WC3 ETD. If we can pull off success again, then these boards will finally need moderators.

Sign in to follow this