EleTD.com
Nyctrinor

Starcraft II Progress

Hi,

I am of French origin and I play a lot warcraft 3 TD element with friends.

I read that you are looking for translators and I'm available so feel free to email me or add me to this address: [email protected]

I am eager to test the SC2.

Good luck.

AA +

Realy looking forward to a playable version of Element TD for sc2.

Do you have any estimate for how long alpha will last? A month or so to get to find the bugs and fix em?

Do you have any estimate for how long alpha will last? A month or so to get to find the bugs and fix em?

I would be surprised if the alpha phase lasts longer than a month.

Yo checking back =P, awesome to hear about alpha can't wait. Switched from SEA to US just recently. Only TD really up atm is Green TD and that is.... -_- lol

It should come as no surprise that the alpha is a tiny bit delayed. I'm wrapping up my end of things in the next day or two. Spring Break really saved my ass on this one!

Will the alpha version be available on the servers or is it a private alpha to see how everything is working?

The alpha phase will be a private one to see how everything is working. I previously said alpha phase would take a month or less, but that was a generalization. There will actually be a beta phase in there too. The alpha phase will consist of testing by a very small group of people. The beta phase will still be private but opened up to others (like forum users here). Finally, the public release would follow the beta phase. Again, just to clarify, the alpha + beta together will take a month or less.

Yo checking back =P, awesome to hear about alpha can't wait. Switched from SEA to US just recently. Only TD really up atm is Green TD and that is.... -_- lol

Unfortunately, you are so right. The best TD I found so far is Vexal Tower Defense. Best doesn't mean good though. If for no other reason, I need to get ETD out there so I can play it! :P

So is there any chance forum members can be involved with the alpha too?

Probably not. But let me elaborate on that. The alpha is there for us to detect and destroy the obvious bugs. If this was a car then this is where we would see if it drives and whether it explodes or not. My point being that it is a quick phase in comparison to the beta. Maybe a week compared to three for the beta. The beta is where we will give it a thorough testing to look for problems in a much wider scope. That demands more people and forum members will be first in line to join.

Why do you think that is, that there are no good TDs out yet for SC2? I mean looking at broodwar and war3, there were soo many good ones. Even simple ones like the "amazing turret" defs in broodwar. In SC2 no single decent TD is out yet. Sure the game is young, but wouldnt it be much easiert with the new editor and all? Or is it actually more restricting?

Im sooo in need of good TDs in SC2..

anyways, looking forward to the beta!

Well if you look back at wc3 every custom game involved the "standard" units.

We got footmen that used ordinary footmens, we had tower defence which used the standard watch tower or guard tower. Most maps where "defend yourself from the undead" kind of maps.

And we see the same thing with sc2, most maps are "defend yourself from zerg" kind of maps. What really helped warcraft 3 was the heroes which was something new and exciting in a strategy game like warcraft 3. (well obviously using heroes wasn't new, but it was just used in a way that promoted testing different styles with the same thing)

Also if I remember correctly most RoC maps sucked totally, when tFTwas released the quality quickly increased. Well it's not a good comparison since the editor should be fully complete with even the first game. But it will probably add some missing functionality.

Also I think the current popularity system is a bit flawed, maybe it's just so many sc2 players that a system like that is needed or that they host the games on their own servers. But as we know they are working for a fix to this.

Also I think the current popularity system is a bit flawed, maybe it's just so many sc2 players that a system like that is needed or that they host the games on their own servers. But as we know they are working for a fix to this.

I think today's 1.3 patch will help a lot. Still though, we are very early in the lifespan of SCII and the severe lack of quality TD's is somewhat expected at this point.

The reason for the delay has been a bug we ran into near the end of finishing the alpha. We are currently implementing a solution that should be done in the next couple of days. Once the bug is fixed progress can resume on the alpha which is about a week's worth of work away.

The reason for the delay has been a bug we ran into near the end of finishing the alpha. We are currently implementing a solution that should be done in the next couple of days. Once the bug is fixed progress can resume on the alpha which is about a week's worth of work away.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait for this game. If you want any help testing during the beta phase, send me a PM!

Everything has been delay duo to bugs, so thus far we don't have a playable alpha yet :(

Sorry for the delay; I got quite busy in real life. We ended up fixing the major bug we had that was halting progress. I should have enough time this weekend to finish up the alpha.

Is it still going to be called Element TD in StarCraft II?

Yes, it will still be called Element TD.

In light of the delays in development, I have made a change in plans. The alpha version will still be released private (unable to host publicly on BNET) but will not be exclusive. In other words, I am opening up the alpha to forum members immediately upon its release. I may shorten this phase (2-3 weeks) because of the hopefully increased manpower. This makes the first public version a polished beta more or less.

There is now a thread where you can sign up for the alpha. Please check it out.

Been a while since we've had an update on whats going on / estimated release date. Hows it coming?

You're right about that. We are currently putting the last few touches on the fifth alpha version. It should be ready within a couple days. This will be the last private version. In other words, the sixth iteration will be the first public beta. In a nutshell, we aren't too far off!