EleTD.com
Nyctrinor

Starcraft II Progress

I think most swedes prefer the english version. Usually we would rather watch a movie in english than the translated version for example. But it is really different from people to people.

Yeah, Most of us scandinavians have no problem with english. Those that would prefer it in their own language are mostly those uncomfortable with english.

My guess is that there would be most german/french players wanting their own language, as they are some of the most populated countries as well.

Indeed, we might not be the best speakers and writers of english. But we all usually like the english versions anyways. The translated swedish puns in movies just makes you want to facepalm.

is there any eta for the beta for sc2? realy wan to start translation, maybe u can give me the file to get startet with english AND german beta. just add and talk to me in msn/icq. see ya

is there any eta for the beta for sc2? realy wan to start translation, maybe u can give me the file to get startet with english AND german beta. just add and talk to me in msn/icq. see ya

I've added you on MSN. No one believes my deadlines around here, but a beta by the end of the month is my goal.

i could help with portuguese. not a big deal with the eu sv, most pt's just prefer english. but brazilians tend to like it translated

i could help with portuguese. not a big deal with the eu sv, most pt's just prefer english. but brazilians tend to like it translated

I'm Brazilian, i can do a good translation for PT-BR \o

Hi!

I'm really looking forward to this map! And i know a bunch of friends who played a lot of Element TD back on WC3 that will jump on the SC2 version, and on a standalone game if you ever achieve it!

By the way, i would be really happy to help you with a french translation, and i know a lot of frenchies are bad in english so i'm sure they would appreciate a french version ;)

By the way, i would be really happy to help you with a french translation, and i know a lot of frenchies are bad in english so i'm sure they would appreciate a french version ;)

Glad to hear it! French seems to be the other language we need for EU server. Can you PM me your contact information?

i could help with portuguese.

Glad to hear it! This seems good for SA server. Which one of you?

i would like to make the german translation for ur starcraft map, if u want me to.

This question is for you, Hemo, and alquemx.

What would be the easiest way to do the translation? I was thinking that I could create a word file with all of the text (ability description, tower description, in-game text etc.). Then, you two would return to me the translated file. From there, I could just copy and paste it all into the map. That work?

Glad to hear it! French seems to be the other language we need for EU server. Can you PM me your contact information?

i could help with portuguese.

Glad to hear it! This seems good for SA server. Which one of you?

i would like to make the german translation for ur starcraft map, if u want me to.

This question is for you, Hemo, and alquemx.

What would be the easiest way to do the translation? I was thinking that I could create a word file with all of the text (ability description, tower description, in-game text etc.). Then, you two would return to me the translated file. From there, I could just copy and paste it all into the map. That work?

yes this will be good! just send this file to me, add me on messenger too [email protected]

I may help with a translation for pt-br!

On Latin America the only custom games played are Star... and So... and Starjeweled.

I think that Element TD will always be on the first page of the custom games, :D

How is it going with the delvelopment?

There are about 10 abilities left to make, a handful of mechanics to implement, and a few things that need tweaking. All of the tower/creep models have been selected, 95% of the tower/ability icons have been selected, and all of the tower/creep have been given names. The special effects for most abilities still need to be selected (or tweaked). Tooltips haven't been started but that is something I can wrap up quickly.

That's where we stand. I hope this is more helpful than a misleading deadline :P.

How is it going with the delvelopment?

There are about 10 abilities left to make, a handful of mechanics to implement, and a few things that need tweaking. All of the tower/creep models have been selected, 95% of the tower/ability icons have been selected, and all of the tower/creep have been given names. The special effects for most abilities still need to be selected (or tweaked). Tooltips haven't been started but that is something I can wrap up quickly.

That's where we stand. I hope this is more helpful than a misleading deadline :P.

Ohh nice :D

Please keep in mind that the models and icons are placeholders. This video is meant to preview the functionality of some towers.

We have made a lot of progress since the last time I updated you guys. We are very close to the alpha version. There are only a handful of abilities left to make/tweak. The triggers are more or less ready. The last significant thing that remains is merging everything together and replacing all the placeholder content (models, icons etc.) with the real deal. Thankfully though, I worked out all the models/icons/tooltips/names ahead of time. I feel that we are within a week of finally seeing it a reality, but don't quote that estimate.

The first playable version (alpha) will be completed sometime this week. Hell, it's about time.

Don't forget to email me all the text so i can begin translation ;)

I'll get that to you guys soon.