EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Tower Ability Wishlist

Some of you may remember this thread. It returns and the premise is the same. Post ideas for towers that you would like to see in the game.

Bouncing attacks :P (but we already got electricity :()

A tower whose attack while split everytime it hits and deal damage. The splits also splits creating a split on the split.

Yet again, the old Red Alert 2 prism tower. You know, the one that nobody has gotten to work yet. I think.

Time has taken its toll. Can you elaborate in detail on the specifics of the tower? Now would be a great time to get it working.

one prism tower shoots a beam to another prism tower, then another, then targets the creep. the damage is increased when the beam passes through each prism tower.

But Prism Power in C&C:RA2 is weird, if you use prism tank (not tower) at a unit, the laser will scatter to attack nearby unit

Now, which one? the prism tower or prism tank concept?

Yet again, the old Red Alert 2 prism tower. You know, the one that nobody has gotten to work yet. I think.

one prism tower shoots a beam to another prism tower, then another, then targets the creep. the damage is increased when the beam passes through each prism tower.

Can you give me a version that doesn't encourage massing?

Ok,

• It increases the damage of the target it boots by it's ordinary damage/2.
  • This effect can be chained to the next tower.
  • The effect only occurs when the original tower is out of range.

Lets say we got 3 towers

each of them dealing "2000" damage, the towers are far spread.

The first tower shoots at a creep, the third tower is out of range to charge the first tower but in range of the second tower.

The second tower is in range of the first tower and charges it, but before this the third tower charges the second one to "2000+2000/2=3000"damage.

The second tower the charges the first tower to "2000+3000/2=3500" damage.

How does this sound?

How does this sound?

I like it. How about a total divisor instead of the way you do it? Basically it would be (2000+2000)/1.25 and then the result of that +2000 and the total divided by 1.25 and so forth for each link. So,

1 - 2000

2 - 3200 (4000/1.25)

3 - 4160 (5200/1.25)

4 - 4928 (6160/1.25)

5 - 5542 (6928/1.25)

I also don't think we need the "out of range" part. With the diminishing returns of linking, it only pays to have a certain number in each area.

Thoughts everyone?

How does this sound?

I like it. How about a total divisor instead of the way you do it? Basically it would be (2000+2000)/1.25 and then the result of that +2000 and the total divided by 1.25 and so forth for each link. So,

1 - 2000

2 - 3200 (4000/1.25)

3 - 4160 (5200/1.25)

4 - 4928 (6160/1.25)

5 - 5542 (6928/1.25)

I also don't think we need the "out of range" part. With the diminishing returns of linking, it only pays to have a certain number in each area.

Thoughts everyone?

I like it. Sounds interesting.

Guess we have another tower settled.. how many ideas still needed?

1. But don't let that stop you from brainstorming more. A great idea can always replace a good one.

Now im not updated with the current towers ingame, but here's a few ideas.

1. Debuff tower, no dmg in it self, throws a debuff/dot on a target that tics 2,3,4 times after 2.5sec or something. At each tick deals dmg eaqual to total %dmg taken so far after the dot being applied.

2. Another debuff tower, Throw aoe debuff, that links monsters together. Dmg done to one of the monsters does %based dmg to the other monsters linked. This will give singletarget towers an ability to have some kind of splash effect.

Might come with more later

stun tower ?

10% chance to stun a creep for 1 sec level 1 damage 325, bonus 100 damage on stun

20% chance to stun a creep for 2 sec level 2 damage 650, bonus 300 damage on stun

30% chance to stun a creep for 3.5 sec level 3 damage 1300, bonus 1000 damage on stun

The problem with any sort of movement disruption (not reduction) is the imbalance. It is simply not fit for a game where you can mass the ability. When we get around to hero mode for SC2, that will be a different story of course.

-i would like to suggest a tower whose damage is based on the remaining money or your net worth

-a gamble tower that gets stronger when you have less life

-a stronger composite tower

-4 element tower combinations

Just because we have 35 abilities brainstormed does not mean that new ideas aren't welcome. Please continue submitting ideas!

This really isn't an ability wish, but some of the towers that depend on direction, like the boomerang, or the helix attack, would be much better off if they could be told to target ground. Just like the jet tower has i think? any tower that lends itself to being more efficient in a certain direction of fire should have the target ground ability.

The reason we don't have that is because it would take away from the skill required to use them. Part of the fun with towers like those is either proper placement (so it fires the way you want it to) or micro (making it fire the way you want it to).

Sign in to follow this