EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

What Changes?

If you've played Element TD for WC3, then this thread is rather simple. What would you like to see changed for the SC2 version?

More modes. (Takes a deep breath.)

Limited building areas for example (no-two-pass-tuesday), or shorter creep path length, with an exit maybe to the right of 6 or under 2. Exit could be moving over time, or jump for each level. Is the "whoever wins the most waves wins the game" mode in allready? How about a money race mode (first to have 30k cash or so wins). How about a 8 towers or less mode. Could be "evil 8 towers or less" mode, that allows you to buy a ninth tower, but kills you if you do. Fun modes like "undead only". How about a no-sell mode (taken from mpdtd). Could eletd be turned into a cooperative circle td if the creeps leaked to your next living neighbour? Would need to be reballanced for that maybe. (Same-)random positive and negative effects, like loosing cash ("all players loose the poorest players current cash in gold"; only if that is quite a bit ofc), raining collectable coins (your worker has to collect em for extra cash, maybe they disappear after a bit), extra element picks (maybe in a crate that you have to collect, or maybe for each 5th crate you collect), loosing an element pick (probably only ballanced on sr games, with all players loosing the same pick), double bonus hours (that is double interest, with a cheesy gameshow tune maybe), snack attack (worker gets a timebar and has to collect a burger before it finishes, else he gets stunned/slowed/other negative effect), build-freeze (no building for a while, maybe a wave), snowed in (worker is slowed), lights out (no vision for a while). Effects could be displayed one wave early, so you can adjust; maybe a joker effect that turns into another one when it is executed, to swart you pre-planning skills.

Stronger displaying of the ongoing game. Display opponents actions on your field (like if someone finishes a wave you get a big graphical feedback, like a flash or glow, and a big noise, like a honk; different effects for leaks or interest gains of over 100 and 1000). List the waves as a display of creeps with mousover stats (could fill wave by wave during matches of rnd). Soundeffects for creep types (growling for undead, maybe racecar engine for fast). Maybe a display of events under the wavelist, like player death, player won (all ealse dead).

And a ladder. :)

Oh, and no weapon/spell/hero mode. :D

And cake..

Shortcuts for the creeps. I had a lot of success for this with my own td on wc3. But the maze was a little bit longer.

A % chance that the creeps uses a shortcut. This way we could add another need for single targeted, since currently as the game goes on splash towers are the best. (because of AoE slow)

Since SC2 is a space-theme game. May be adding some space elements into ETD.

- black hole that sucks creeps in it then spill them out after some time (or maybe instant kill)

- phase out creeps so that they cannot move or being attacked (to buy time)

-----------------------------------------------------------

New element like

dimension (? translocation and phase out

Not much idea....

-----------------------------------------------------------

New towers like

rocket tower

nuclear tower

fusion tower

mine tower (randomly throw mines into the path :P )

------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe a new mode that players can buy creeps and add them into the wave of the other players.

I feel like the Shortcut thing is quite good, but instead of having A% that the creeps will take the shortcut

I think use as a kind of creep would be better (means all "shortcut" creeps will take shortcut)

or else add that A% to all the creeps so that each of them will have a chance to take shortcut

------------------------------------------------------------

Also I hope that there will be a copy for WC3 for the ETD fans like me who do not have SC2 :rolleyes:

btw

maybe using each planet in the solar system as the themes of each individual path would be good :P

Sign in to follow this