EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

Same elementals?

Are the elemets going to be exactly the same? Or maybe with some changes. It will be harder to get elements like "Water :(" but instead we got new ones like: "Void", "Psionic", "laser".

We might only need a few changes, or we might need a total overhaul for the elements.

Are the elemets going to be exactly the same? Or maybe with some changes. It will be harder to get elements like "Water :(" but instead we got new ones like: "Void", "Psionic", "laser".

We might only need a few changes, or we might need a total overhaul for the elements.

Well I agree with you that there is the possiblity to maybe add a couple of elements, I don't agree with your "laser" one just because that is Light Amplified by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation, so this would fall under the category of the element light in my opinion, sorry for getting extremely technical, but a) I've been working with engineers that only work with lasers all summer and B) I know people online would say something about that as well. Though I could still see potential to adding the other two elements meantioned, that would help exspand the game a little more, but then again it might be best for them just to get the basics down first then maybe add others in later.

Some suggestions for "Starcraftish" elements:

* Normal - as the name implies

* Psionic - perhaps towers using energy to attack?

* Biological - concept of growth, have the towers grow more powerful over time by some means (e.g. by killing, damaging, time)

* Mechanical - maybe make these towers capable of linking together to achieve different effects

These are off the top of my head. Feel free to take any of these and twist them to fit your needs.

We had this "add more elements" discussion several times before.

I havn't taken a look at if a 7 ele map would even be ballanceable (that is all builds have proper support), but I can tell you that we havn't gotten enough decent towers to fill more than 6 eles so far.

And we have very high standards when it comes to what considers a decent tower. ;)

Yeah, I meant more about replacing elements, since we seem to be lacking water elements. But maybe we will find some fitting models.

Well, you could probably use Zerg units for water towers. It's not quite water, but sludge/creep is fairly... watery. :P

Well, you could probably use Zerg units for water towers. It's not quite water, but sludge/creep is fairly... watery. :P

I like the idea of all new elements. That way it has a unique starcraft twist and will not be as similar as wc3. I mean the elements in wc3 are cool, but I think with starcraft II capabilities, you can make a new aspect to the game and new fun for wc3 users coming to scII with new elements and all new towers and ideas. But that is just me =D

Using new element would probably a quick solution.. However, like in my signature, the 6 element in WC3 version is logical (such as fire burns nature, nature entangles earth, etc2)

But how about with new elements? I mean, it must have logical sense as well...

Sign in to follow this