EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
WindStrike

Impulse Tower issue

One of the things that's been bothering me with Impulse Towers is the fact it acts like all other towers - it naturally shoots the closest target. Unless you're controlling them to shoot the farthest target, which becomes annoying at times, they become almost useless for the period of time when the enemies get point blank. This can last for a rather long time depending on placement, but there's typically at least one enemy really far away at all times that it'd be better off auto-targetting.

Is there a way to way to make it auto-target the farthest target so that it's actually useful all of the time rather than only half the time? I know a minimum range is possible, though I've the feeling that'd cause too detrimental of an effect on its balancing.

That is part of the skill required for high level play. If used correctly, Impulse towers have an above average DPS. It is not fair if the game does the work for you by targeting the furthest creep.

That being said, I think a minimum range could be a viable way of helping lower level people (less skilled or lazier) without impacting high level usage. Perhaps something like 500 minimum range...?

(Wow, I completely forgot I posted here.)

Yeah, 500 definitely makes it a lot better, though I was thinking more like 700. Thanks for adding the change! And this game is officially awesome.

Yeah, 500 definitely makes it a lot better, though I was thinking more like 700. Thanks for adding the change! And this game is officially awesome.

700 would be quite a lot, in my opinion. It's more than the basic tower range, and it can be trouble, for example when you are using an impulse tower as your only tower.

Sign in to follow this