EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ragond

[4.2] Mass Light+Earth towers make game lags

Guest Ragond

This towers make additional damage and this is shown by number over the creep. When I built many of this towers, the games fps dropped to 2-3...

My config is Phenom II 940, Radeon 4850 1gb, 4gb ram.

I blame Blizzards sucky rendering engine (3000 shadows on the screen will make your FPS go down to 6, and each letter of those textsplats is one shadow). Ill try to optimize whats possible for the next release, but i cant promise anything.

The new version is utterly unplayable due to graphics lag. The previous version (4.1b) worked fine for me and my friends, but on this version everyone's computers are just dying. We switched back to 4.1b after the first game.

We were using disease towers, I don't know if the lag is related to the new dmg/gold indicator graphics? Either way, the performance needs to be fixed.

And just my 2c... I think the new indicator style is kinda ugly anyway. It would be nice to have an option to turn those floating texts off and use the old style.

Also, game time indicator is just cluttering up the UI.

Despite these critiques, I do think it's great that work is put into this map. Me and my friends play quite a bit of ele td and we appreciate the effort! Thank you for a great custom map.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? What amount of tower mass? What tower?

We will work to resolve this for the inevitable "b" version.

Deaod, can we remove the shadows? What else can we do?

With some minor testing, it seems that electric only laggs when it bounces several times in multiple instances.

How exactly is the bouncing calculated?

(I don't know the coding, but wouldn't it work better to use a "real chain lightning" effect via the ability that deals 1 damage, then you locate that damage and add it upp)

Guest ChimeraOfWind

Most of the towers will lag the game to unplayable levels when there are enough of them.

However, the towers that have damage displayed seem to cause the most lag.

When I filled the entire map with energy towers it's not even possible to to look at the towers or it'll freeze completely.

On a side note, gunpowder towers are STILL broken.

Gunpowder towers are broken how?

Deaod has optimized the display of floating text so hopefully this will be a resolved issue in 4.2b.

Guest ChimeraOfWind

When there are too many of them it causes towers to stop attacking completely. This bug has been there since 4.0 beta. I don't have a replay but just mass gunpower or their upgrades and it'll happen.

The interesting thing is that it doesn't only cause the gunpowder towers themselves to stop attacking, but others too.

my game recently got extremely slow and froze with only 2 electricity towers and a windstorm tower built... something about electricity isnt right yet. No problems with windstorm, and having only one electricity tower doesnt seem to cause problems.

do you have a replay? or some more info? Chasing down something you cant grasp is a little bit difficult...

Check *lastreplay*

It automaticly saves the replay of the last game played.

*There is an option so it saves all replays instead of only the last.

Sign in to follow this