EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Black Gun

options when choosing difficulty

hi guys,

a question: would it be possible to give an option like "at least normal" when using refer for the difficulty choices? sometimes the guys available online are just so godawful that i found a new way of giving myself a challenge with bad opponents: i let them choose their difficulty, and then go for extreme mode. if i am on normal or higher while some guy with a semidecent build plays very easy, he will put pressure on me and give me a nice challenge. the problem with it though is that playing anything less than hard is kinda boring and pointless if no fast killing opponent is in the game, but playing hard or even very hard is impossible to do if guys on very easy build some typical noob gayness like electricity towers right at the entrance or many light towers to later go for life towers or something like that.

its simply impossible to survive a game on extreme mode if i am on hard/very hard and some guy on very easy or easy uses such a build. therefore it would be great if in the setting "host chooses options"-> "difficulty: refer" there was an option like "at least normal". this way i could let them choose their difficulty and they could select a lower diffuclty than me, but it would prevent too extreme situations. any1 else likes that idea? would it be hard to implement something like that?

regards^^

I think this was added to the newest beta, but we need more beta players to se if it is correct....

YES! We need them :P It is very lonely right now, and it's like I've lost the "element td spirit" (I actaully never play it anymore :()

Guest Fiishi

Offtopic: I'll test with you on Europe if you need me.

Back on topic, There should also be something that doesn't allow the VE player killing the creeps right as they come out of the gate to start the next level counter instantly... On harder levels you have to wait for them to come around and use the right areas. This is messed up when the timer starts early... dunno if it is possible.

Guest yyi

I think this was added in the 4.2 version that was just released. but i think there is something wrong with it, and i'll give an example:

If i was host, and i pick normal, thus giving the choice of normal, hard, and vh to everyone. but it seems somebody always gets very easy out of it, and i think its due to the person being afk or letting the clock tick down.

Sign in to follow this