EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ku-sama

To everyone who said Life Towers Suck

Guest Ku-sama

No, really, they don't. I got 360~ lives and killed 192 Ronald's. with only a few soul catcher towers and one pure light tower non strategically placed. if you wanna see the replay, let me know how to post it.

Edited for replay

Life towahs.w3g

The replay can be attached directly to your post..

Life tower can be strong but it is slow in VH.. in a fast game, the player would get flooded and rushed out of game..

"The Straw Man of Balance"

The replay can be attached directly to your post..

Life tower can be strong but it is slow in VH.. in a fast game, the player would get flooded and rushed out of game..

You know, I'm getting sick of this reasoning. "Yes, but you'll die in fast VH games." I'm sure most people die in fast VH games, period. The fact of the matter is that a disproportionate amount of noobs (not necessarily on VE or E) use life towers all the time. And get away with it.

Speaking as a non life tower abuser, I'm quite tired of seeing this. And I'm even more tired of people suggesting that it is somehow my fault for not rushing them fast enough.

Or that it's somehow my fault for playing the pubs, where games are overwhelmingly not VH only (and for good reason). I want balance all the time, not just in these fabled games of legend.

Remember, mixed diff VH rushing doesn't work anymore. Not since 3.0.

Let's go back to first principles. A long time ago in galaxy far far away, it became gospel on these forums that

If the game is balanced in VH, then the game will be sufficiently balanced in every difficulty.

Let us trace the origins of this gospel:

1. It was neither desired nor practical to test and balance the game at every difficulty. Hence one would be chosen as the laboratory standard.

2. This laboratory standard was chosen to be VH, to cater to high level competitive play; for high level competitive play is the quarantined vacuum sealed chamber, by definition.

3. In the wide world outside the laboratory, there are innumerable factors which we cannot keep track of; but we apply the results in the laboratory as a model. As long as the outside conditions do not bias, as long as they are the same in essence if not in scale, as long as H, N, E, and VE are in a precise sense "proportional" to VH - only then does balance in VH imply balance in every difficult. And this is premise of the gospel.

You do say that life towers are strong (strong, meaning strong in comparison to other towers, meaning too strong), but you refute this by saying that they are no longer so in these fast VH games.

No, sir. The lab is not the arbiter of the universe; the universe is the arbiter of the lab. For as you say yourself, the premise of the gospel is false here.

So don't you use the gospel on me.

Guest Zortarg

yup life towers are not bad. made a 512 kills on normal mode (i think it was normal, would need to check)

combined with lot of money.... :wub:

btw. the map has not enough room to build towers... :D

EleTD 512 Ronads.w3g

yup life towers are not bad. made a 512 kills on normal mode (i think it was normal, would need to check)

combined with lot of money.... :wub:

btw. the map has not enough room to build towers... :D

their dps is very low. they are not suited for a competitive game with at least one opponent going for a rush build. and they suck at the ronald stage.

besides, ive seen over 2k ronald kills with life towers on normal mode ;) and there are builds with which u can kill infinitely many of them on very hard.

imho the issue with life towers is not that they are really bad, its that a remarkable percentage of the really bad players uses them. and unless the game consists of noobs only, they get pwnt when they do so.

Guest zeNtiz
No, really, they don't. I got 360~ lives and killed 192 Ronald's. with only a few soul catcher towers and one pure light tower non strategically placed. if you wanna see the replay, let me know how to post it.

Edited for replay

I played for a day ago or so, played with 4 Pure Nature, Waterfalls and Soul Catchers, i got up to maybe 290 lifes for the ronald final, and i killed 607 Ronalds... got replay and print of it if you like it.

Sign in to follow this