EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
meateor

Difficulty Range/Limit

To implement a command or pre-match menu item that allows the host to create a lower limit on all player's difficulty.

Command: -lowerlimit normal

All players on either very easy or easy now have their difficulty upgraded to normal

Menu: Very Easy, ... , Very Hard, Refer, Refer (limit)

The next screen would prompt the host to select difficulty to be the lower limit. When players now choose their difficulty, those below the host's limit are disabled.

Wait...I think I have a better idea. What is the point of the five selections (excluding "Refer")? Should the host even have the option to force everyone on the same difficulty? I propose making this limit thing the default...

Here is how it would work. The refer button would be eliminated. When host selects one of the difficulties, that becomes the minimum. If you want to force VH you just select VH. If you want to allow everything you just select VE. If you want what was proposed in this thread, you just select N.

Thoughts?

Seems like a nice way to solve the problem. What if the host wishes to have the difficultly he picks be the maximum though? Is the a scenario where this would be the case?

Wait...I think I have a better idea. What is the point of the five selections (excluding "Refer")? Should the host even have the option to force everyone on the same difficulty? I propose making this limit thing the default...

Here is how it would work. The refer button would be eliminated. When host selects one of the difficulties, that becomes the minimum. If you want to force VH you just select VH. If you want to allow everything you just select VE. If you want what was proposed in this thread, you just select N.

Thoughts?

Make it the default. It would be way better.

Seems like a nice way to solve the problem. What if the host wishes to have the difficultly he picks be the maximum though? Is the a scenario where this would be the case?

Very Hard, but that is by nature of the beast.

Shouldn't this be moved to implemented? Or you need feedback on this in Beta 3? I think it works great.

Sign in to follow this