EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
MitFantasy

Hail Tower

Every time I put effort into utilizing this tower, it's fails me. In comparison to other triple which holds their ground in certain aspect. Support, FF Damage, AoE Damage, or Microing Type.

Hail fails at all those aspects. It MIGHT be more effective when there is like a million slow supporting it, but then again, so are other towers even worst is if you do have slow support for it, it STILL only hit 5 units while some tower can smack that 5+ when slow and/or UD round come to play.

Even with it's effect kicking in, 5 x 750 = 3750? It fell short of usefulness.

I even got level 2 of it and it still weak in comparison to the other.

I feel like it's pecking HP off of each wave. Perhaps a slight increase in damage or splash better??

PS. Sludge (lv1) and Oblivion sucks...but at least they don't fail me as much as Hail.

Is it possible that the damage is simply spread too thin? Unless five creeps are in your sight, the tower is not at full effectiveness.

What if we reduced the number of targets in "Storm" mode from five to say four or even three? We could then increase the base damage to adjust and the tower would be less affected by this flaw.

What do you guys think of that?

In regards to Muck (Sludge), we are going to be increasing tier one triple support power (i.e. up from 7%). Oblivion is getting the axe so what fails now will not fail in 4.2 ;).

If it is possible the 5 attacks being able to attack the same creep. (like say vs bosses)

I think the weaknes lies there. And maybe a really small buff on damage.

If not possible reduce to 3 targets and give it a little bigger buff.

Is it possible that the damage is simply spread too thin? Unless five creeps are in your sight, the tower is not at full effectiveness.

What if we reduced the number of targets in "Storm" mode from five to say four or even three? We could then increase the base damage to adjust and the tower would be less affected by this flaw.

What do you guys think of that?

In regards to Muck (Sludge), we are going to be increasing tier one triple support power (i.e. up from 7%). Oblivion is getting the axe so what fails now will not fail in 4.2 wink.gif.

Wow, it another -1 for Hail tower there, if not enough creep in range, it can hit <5 targets. If you put it way, perhaps a range increase could solve it's problem. At the moment, there are 2 long range AoE, Chain Lightning and GunPowder. Perhaps Hail Tower could join their category then the weak sauce damage could actually be stronger due to longer duration.

i agree. the problem is that the base dam must be low when the tower can attack many targets at once with its ability. but keep in mind that 1/3rd of the time it attacks with its weak single attack.

i also feel like the hail towers just dont cut it. in general, i feel like the dark light combinations all are rather weak. but we dont discuss the trickery tower here ;)

Guest Fiishi

I actually disagree. I tried hail out for the potential it has. It worked pretty well for me when used with Waterfall towers. At 200% atk speed they really fly! This was made even better because with ELNW you can also get drowning towers. Placed effectively the hail damages the creeps enough for the drowning towers to do the rest. I would also like to say that killing bosses isn't too hard with hail towers.

However, this strategy is still weak IMO and could be improved by adding range. This would ensure that 5 were all in range. I would say 1000 or 1100 would be about perfect. Here was the build I used: 1x$ 2xLD 3xNW.

Sign in to follow this