EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hyperprimate

Range check

Guest hyperprimate

I think it would be useful if you gave all towers a range-check ability, when clicked a ring of small special effects appears around the edge of the towers range for short while (like in gem td). Or maybe make it a big semi-transparent circle like pylons in starcraft.

I like this idea, but I doubt this would work well enough to be very usefull. More like a first impression at best.

If the range indicator indicates "path within range", does that mean "barely so"? And if yes, and I chose a very close fit, could this turn into "barely not"?

"Does my tower hit the creeps over here?" will still have to be tested imo.

It would not be accurate. Why?

Ill try to explain. If the creeps wouldn't move it would be accurate, but on moving targets, the W3 engine tends to have less range on creeps that are nearing a tower and more range on creeps running away from a tower. How is that?

Well, what matters is the distance to the tower the moment of the attack start, not the moment of impact. I.ex: In dota a tower still attacks you even if you are far away if you flee from the tower, the attack started when you were in range but the impact is far away from the tower range as it toke x secs, in which you runned x meters away.

Tower range is a bad indicative of the effective range of a tower, specially on slow projectiles and on highly arched projectiles (like dota towers); so, would you gain that much knowing or seeing tower range?

It would confuse me more that anything else. my experience already shows me the effective range and has good accuracy, a viewable tower range would give me a false impression.

Imo, drop it. But if you think it would help noobs out, make it deactivable by command, it would bother me.

Guest Sancdar

He's suggesting a button you can press to show range, I don't see how that would affect you unless you compulsively push buttons. I think it's kind of a good idea because acquisition range is still a useful thing to know. This would be significantly more useful if there were aura towers, of course, but I still don't know exactly how far Nova's stomp goes, or Steam's range is.

Nova has two different ranges. The stomp goes further than the attack.

Guest Sancdar

Right, and I don't really care about the attack, just the stomp.

Guest xSolmyRx

I think it's a rather good idea. It won't affect the game whatsoever. It's merely an aid to show the radius of your towers.

I was also wondering about the storm tower's range/radius.

Rather nifty suggestion.

Good idea!

maybe towers with different ranges have different buttons with different names and different range:wink:

For example Nova: [Check Attack Range] [Check Explode Range]

Guest FlyveHest

After playing Power Towers and Faze TD extensively this weekend, I came here to suggest this exact thing.

I found it to be a great help when learning tower ranges / placement, and always had a lot of problems in EleTD with this exact thing.

So, if it could be added, I think it would be a great feature for EleTD.

Agreed. That would be a very very nice addition. It won't affect the game anyway..

Sign in to follow this