EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Reasonable Support Values

I think most will agree that 200% tier 3 dual support is a little outrageous. I'm thinking 150% would be best, maybe 180% at most. What do you guys think?

I also think some will agree that 7% for tier 1 triple support is a little lackluster. I'd like to see 10%, but that may be pushing it. I do think 8% or 9% is quite reasonable though. What do you guys think?

I say 400%. :P

No, seriously, we need testing here. We have still far to little experience with 6 ele. Obviously 4 ele works for some builds, and it even feels kinda easy.

yes. we need testing. all that is proven to me is that t3 duals are too powerful early on. maybe lategame maybe not. from what i've seen they've always been there early, to be overpowered and grant alot of interest.

also there is no proof against 6ele that i've seen. and haven't tested it too much myself yet.

Maybe we should turn this into a challenge, let players test it for points. Good idea?

or, if tere are enough challenges atm, just aanother contest. how about a draf-like contest without the drafting. have to play 6ele build, with tier 3s banned, and compete with other contestants on getting the best replays before a specific date in the draft categories: time leaks cash ronnies.

or is a challenge better?

Guest M45T3R

T3 duals are NOT overpowered IMO because the range of towers because VERY limited if you try a build with a T3 dual. You get a lot more towers with a T2 triple build, which could make all the difference.

Master, I agree.

Jolin - we only have one challenge now. Is one enough? And I don't like the draft format. It's like a mixture of a tournament and a challenge, without the benefits of either. ;)

fine :P challenge then. m45t3r, you are probably right, but it's probably worth investigating, we have too little variety in 4.1 replays to tell if we're balanced.

Guest M45T3R

2 simple challenges could fix this:

1. Get as many Ronalds as possible by massing T3 duals

2. Get as many Ronalds as possible by massing T2 triples

Then compare the results; I'm 100% sure T2 triple will win.

Sounds like a good test, but a boring challenge. Would you like to watch 5 1.5h ronnald hunts? Me neither. :P

Guest M45T3R

You could just say how many Ronalds you got, and it will be pretty obvious if you're telling the truth by looking at the number of towers/money you have at the end of the game and at how much time there is left on the replay.

That's not how a challenge works. People cheat. What you are talking about is a test, done by trusted beta testers.

This challenge is trickier than I thought. How do we define 6 ele? Is summoning them but not using them enough? And what considers using them?

As to your "..but we could..", I say "sadly that won't work because..". :P

All you nagg is about testing ^^

Ask yourself what are 6 elements supposed to be?

Hang on to the game, get a pure essence build periodics and MASS support it with everything you got?

For me 4 element is the opposit way farm interest in beggining and hope you farmed enough until late.

What if you got water tier 3 in a 6 element build? Would you build pure water or periodics? If Periodics is the tier 3 wasted or would you mass refined water then?

I think a goal setup for what we want should be needed, not just test does this work?

It is lake baking a cake, lets say we want home made chokolate and we just try something out, it tasted fine but it is not chokolate it is strawberry cake. (strange things may happen....) I am just trying to say, if the just becuase a map is "balanced" does it mean it is a good map.

I would more like to se the competive way, is 6 elements supposed to be a quick finnisher for rushing but suck lategame, or is it a build that is easily rushed, but owns lategame.

Sorry, to much jippery japperish as usuall from me, but we need more cordinated testing together like we used to do.

EDIT: I think I went a little bit offtopic

Sign in to follow this