EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
MitFantasy

Fire Tower and Earth

I find these 2 AoE towers to be a bit weak...they can't seem to hold their own on wave that isn't their strength. Nature, Darkness, Water, and Light all can hold their ground really well by themselves even later point, but earth and fire just seems so weak...unless you have slow tower supporting them or UD wave that creater large clutter for maximum efficiency. Outside of those 2 scenerio, Earth and Fire splash can't seem to compensate for their low DPS.

Weak? They are not weak, they are great towers. Just don't use them too much before you got any slowing supporters.

I use them a lot when I'm playing random and get them on 5 or 10. They solo faster than light and dark imo. I would put them exactly on par with water, but don't listen to me, as I was part of the team that designed the current dmg values, so I may be biased. ;)

it is true that AoE towers are weaker... unless you use them correctly!

AoE towers such as earth and fire are harder to play than singletarget towers.

Avoid focusing on AoE versus: Mechanical units, Fast Units, Healing Units and Elemental Summons. Because they are extra weak there, while singletarget is not.

But AoE towers are better vs Undeads - and better than singletarget if combined with slowing towers. Slow&Splash can be really strong (but you'll still need some singletarget towers to not leak mechanicals and healings.)

But that doesn't mean you are wrong - maybe our balance amongst single element towers is bad :) but I haven't noticed such a problem yet.

I understand what you all are saying but the thing is these AoE tower is weaker due to it dependency on certain enemies and slow support. Fire, with it shortest range of all tower, have the tendency to leave half dead enemies. In random, that isn't an issue for I can just relocate the tower, but in pick, it is quite troublesome. Early level, Amped fire and earth are survivable but when you get into Refined, it just become flat out weak in comparison to Water, light, Darkness, and Nature. Water is definitely stronger by all mean since the beta, IMO. Previously, these AoE towers are powerful due to the fact that a single slow tower can do some crazy slowing to the enemy even at level 1. Now, most level 1 slow only slow for 7%, so the AoE effectiveness isn't great as it used to be. You need a lot more slow or a higher level of it to make Earth and Fire any decent

Could you provide a replay were they are certianly bad?

A picture is worth more then a thousands of words I have been told, then guess how many words a replay video is.

Guest Void

A replay video is OVER NINE THOUSAND words!

Guest M45T3R

Average framerate of a video = 30FPS

Average replay time: ~40 minutes = 2400 seconds

Total number or frames: 2400 * 30 = 72000

Total number of words: 72000 * 1000 = 72 000 000!

Weak? They are not weak, they are great towers. Just don't use them too much before you got any slowing supporters.

This is all you need to know.

Sign in to follow this