EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

Tower Supportability

So, as I thought most knew, all boostable towers are not 100% boostable. Mushroom and Magic were tried to be fixed and I think they were successfully so. Will check that later in an ingame test. what could be wrong with those is if there's some cast-time for spell or so.

Anyway, just wanted to those remind that some towers are still imbalanced supportability-wise.

Quark tower for example, gets extra boost from Well (charges up faster AND attacks faster), Less boost from Blacksmith (afaik, the bonus dmg of quark isn't boosted by smith) Trickery Clones (especially 10sec, 20sec Clones) Never Really get charged up enough to give the 15%/30% boost.

There should be moar left behind than just quark but I'm too tired right now - will probably add them later in this thread - but anyone else is ofcourse welcome to bring up doubts about boostability.

tidal too.. well=increase firing speed and reaching lvl 10 douse. smith=more damage, no change to reaching lvl 10 douse. trickery=clone doesn't stay in play long enough to reach lvl 10 douse.

zealot as well.. basically any tower with an ability that charges up based on attacks..

In the early game, if a tower can kill a creep in one shot, which support is more useful? well and trickery. well increases the firing speed, the wave can be cleared faster. trickery adds extra shots, clearing the wave faster. blacksmith does nothing, the extra damage is simply wasted as overkill in this situation..

zealot charges up faster with well ,but well doesn't completely stack with it so it's a +/-. probably differs between lvls of well and playstyle, but Overall I think it's better with smith than well. esp at tier 3. Anyway some of these problems are smaller issues than others. Quark+well is probably one of the larger issues, since it's extra powerful instead of extra weak. Luckily you can't have both quark and well at tier 3, so I see no mayor problem anyway, however this should be dealt with later on.. Tidal is a little buffed by tier 1/2 well but that's no big deal and I only like it, since it's useful from the players perspective :D

perhaps blacksmith tooltip and description should say that it boosts the damage of a tower and it's ability by x% afaik it currently doens't mention ability.

BTW: other towers that don't get supported is Flamethrower that only gets properly supported by blacksmith and disease that is the same unless you have only one of it already. I don't have an idea right now how to "fix" these if we want them to stack 100%. just pointing out that they probably don't stack 100%.

The tooltip mentions that the ability gets boosted. If you're referring to Well, then you're right that Flamethrower doesn't really benefit compared to Blacksmith. Disease isn't as bad, as Well at least increases attack speed for ability (and if you have enough corpses then you will get the effects of the bonus).

Sign in to follow this