EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

@Cisz : I've done it on every difficulty, and yes, with red player.

I bet it'll be much faster if you test it with beta testers via battlenet...

lesher - I can't believe that. It crashes here and for jolin. 4.1.b ofc. And you can't reproduce that bug? It's very easy on very easy. :)

lesher - perhaps you could provide us a replay of cheating money and/or whosyourdaddy and killing 500 ronalds on Very Easy. I believe that if you were playing the most recent version at that time beta1b - you missed to try 500 ronalds on Very Easy.

How we doing on this? As of Beta 1d where do we stand on;

-Creep movement pathing, on all areas, with fast, and slow

-Ronalds (Check?)

Ready to release?

lesher - perhaps you could provide us a replay of cheating money and/or whosyourdaddy and killing 500 ronalds on Very Easy. I believe that if you were playing the most recent version at that time beta1b - you missed to try 500 ronalds on Very Easy.

VE on 4.1d? Okay... I'll post it tonight. Maybe I should post all difficulty altogether?

But for your information, I', very sure that I didn't miss any difficulty, and I tested it all on 4.1b (not 4.1c or 4.1d though)

Yes, a stress test for Ronalds would be great. 1500 kills is the cut off point for the upgrades, so if you make it past that you're fine.

More importantly though (because it hasn't been thoroughly tested) is the new creep pathing. Do creeps move properly (for the most part) on all areas? With fast creeps? With different amounts of slow? What is your reaction to the new pathing?

Yes, on 4.1d, it surpassed 1.5k ronalds safely.

But, I can't abuse "whosyourdaddy" cheat anymore by placing a pure fire on the start of portal because it will make the game crash horribly :(

Oh, and about that 4.1b thingy... You guys are correct, I've experienced that bug too.

I think my report on that was on beta 24 (aka 4.1a), not on 4.1b. I'm sorry everyone! >_<

I also bring some question and probably something that bugs me while I'm beta testing this game:

1. Are refined light, focused light and electron cosmetic going to be fixed? It bugs me a lot

2. When creeps are attacked by massive amount of quark, they stunned. But if they're attacked by massive amount light/darkness, they're not stunned. Why?

3. Whenever I play with a lot of quark (around 24+ quarks on my area only), my computer more likely get error message.

Regarding number 3 :

1st, the program quitted itself and gave error message. (sorry forgot take the screenshot)

2nd, I tried again, and then the computer gave BSOD suddenly!!

4.1d_1500RonaldVE.w3g

1. Would require new models for all three towers. I would be happy to do it (because frantically clicking sucks). Any suggestions?

2. Because Quark utilizes the Damage Detection System. Basically, stuff happens every attack that does not happen when other towers attack (like Light/Darkness).

3. Now that sucks. Can anyone else confirm this?

4. Steam Tower still has a fiery look that I need to change.

Oh, about that number 3.... Maybe it's because too many command lines runs at once...

And like I said, it's more likely, not always happen...

If I remember correctly, a beta leader (which I forgot whom was it) suggest an idea that makes us no need for changing cosmetics of all those towers. Instead, he/she said that all we need is just to "edit" something... (which I also don't remember)

I I said, can't you change the actaully color values so you get a blue flame instead of a red.

Then I think it would work fine.

It might not work if it only have a certian color. (like poisions attack)

P.S. When I used the whosyourdaddy cheat and killed the ronalds to fast my wc3 just crash.

Maybe poison attack color should be bluer, green is more nature-ish or dark-ish

"P.S. When I used the whosyourdaddy cheat and killed the ronalds to fast my wc3 just crash. " -> Yeah, me too

I tried to kill 1500 on all difficulties in 4.1d. VE, E, N and H are all doing fine, but on VeryHard the game crashes after 30 Ronalds killed. THe testing was done as player 1 (Red) but I also tested the VH as player 6 and crashed on 30 ronalds too.

gave creep pathing a shot and checked out the creeps at about 4 different areas and I don't really like what I see. I know it's not easy so I'm not dissappointed but I mean I wish it could get better.

First of all what it looks like is that the first corner above area 7 each has one "checkpoint" (where the units have to be before they move on)

The 2nd and 3rd corner, area 7 and area 4, have double checkpoints... why? does it help them from getting stuck? each checkpoint is an opportunity to make creeps get stuck using slowing towers there. slowing the one who is standing on the checkpoint will make all creeps behind gather a clump trying to get there... maybe double chekpoints doesn't increase the clumping though.

the 4th corner and the 6th corner (1st and 3rd corner around area 5) have single checkpoints while 5th and 7th corner have sinlge checkpoints. I dunno if there's anything bad in this but still I'm like why??

after the 7th corner (at area 3) there is a checkpoint in the middle between that ared the 8th corner. a chackpoint that is not at a corner. This surprises me - again, why? besides this checkpoint is way off in areas such as area 3 where it's way too high. should we point out every checkpoint that we feel is a bit misplaced?

the corners at area "-" have the same problem - a checkpoint between them that tells creeps to walk really high. this is a problem for longrange towers and the laser tower ofcourse.

I am pretty sure you took care of that but just in case: Did you use whosyourdaddy? Did you have lag before it crashed (that is massive tower masses or similiar)? Or did the game just plain crash under very harmless conditions?

Jolin's report : Confirmed, I'm also having that same bug

Fixed one bug but created another; I will look into this today. I too can confirm that 30 Ronalds on VH crashes the game under harmless conditions.

As for creep pathing, keep up the input. I'd like to resolve it before the 4.1 because in the 4.0 the creeps rarely stay on the path itself which is not acceptable.

Yeah, it crashed in a plain harmless condition on VH

Oh, about that whosyourdaddy bug -> It's happening on any difficulty. The easiest way to create it is to build pure fire on VIII and use the cheat on ronald level.

Guest MethoD

I haven't faced a bug yet. Also I haven't killed ronalds XD because I always play AR mode and unlucky. Also not so well.

Method - There are cheat comands in the betas. Use -gold for gold, -lumber for lumber, -level for wave. Get big tech, kill ronalds on vh, see if it crashes. :)

4.1e quick report:

- FIX : Pretty much last Ronald bug n 4.1d is fixed.

- BUG : The start timer for VE E N H VH on normal mode (not SM or XSM) is 7 seconds instead of 30 seconds.

- On SM and XSM, the start timer has no problem.

Sign in to follow this