EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Void

Life Towers

Guest Void

Suck. Everyone I play with is like OMG I GOT LIFE TOWERS LOLOL and everyone else is like OMG LUCKY ASSHOLE, but the thing is with life towers, they don't do shit for damage, and they will let you down eventually.

Discuss: Are there actually any good builds involving life towers?

Guest grpgm
Suck. Everyone I play with is like OMG I GOT LIFE TOWERS LOLOL and everyone else is like OMG LUCKY ASSHOLE, but the thing is with life towers, they don't do shit for damage, and they will let you down eventually.

Life tower is actually incredibly overpowered in Single Power in my opinion. Check in the No Slowing challenge thread for some good examples of Life Tower use in various builds. I used Enchantment towers for their armor debuff to make up for Life's poor damage in the later levels in my ELN build.

Guest phistyle

they're good early game but late in the game it's pretty useless....

Guest grpgm

This could be by design. It has a very potent ability, especially at Tier 3, that can make up for a lot of poor tower placement by healing through leaks. Early Life abuse can give you enough of a life lead to survive late wave leaks even when the towers themselves have become obsolete. I am not sure there is a way you could make the Soul Catcher hit as hard as a Mushroom without nerfing the life gain numbers a fair bit, or capping out the amount you can heal per wave.

It may be a bad late game tower, but it's a solid early tower which is a nice niché to fill imo.

Guest M45T3R

Overall the game is pretty balanced IMO. Sure Life tower has low DPS compared to other duals, but the Soul Catcher's 1-life-per-kill ability is very useful.

In single player, towers such as gold and life are overpowered, where you can cover map-wide.. there was one life tower build even in (beta) build project

in a competitive multiplayer game, you'll probably be rushed out if those are your permament damage towers.. it may be useful though as a one-of for leak catching/extra income.. they can be used against their strong waves to gain extra gold/life for selected wave..

Guest Void

Exactly, and the elements aren't so good for much else. And if you do manage to upgrade to soul catcher, you've wasted a lot of elements. I'd prefer a level 3 of a slow tower or something.

no slow towers can get to lvl 3. the slowing towers are all triple towers. btw - soul catcher is not a waste of elements - if you wish to have a support dual at tier 3, and add one element for a damage dual at tier 3, you get one more damage dual tier 3 "for free". so - LWN for example, if you go for Well and Ice tier 3, you get soul catcher too - that is waht Cisz did in one of his replays.

Guest Void

Than I'd rather have Vulcans or whatever level 3 mushrooms are. I don't like wells and ice anyways.

ok... but I'd rather have it the other way :P

(mushrooms t3 is hmm - is it toadstool?vulcans are t3 gunpowder.)

Guest Hyninn

Life towers can be very good. Try LNWE build and combine then with Enchantation + Ice age towers to cover the low damage. You can get to ronald round having more than 230 lives, and you keep getting more, so you can hold for a loooooong time.

Guest M45T3R
Life towers can be very good. Try LNWE build and combine then with Enchantation + Ice age towers to cover the low damage. You can get to ronald round having more than 230 lives, and you keep getting more, so you can hold for a loooooong time.

That's not going to work on VH.

That's not going to work on VH.

there was a life/enchatment/nova build somewhere in build project.. ended with 200+ lives.. the build is slow but it can work..

Guest Scar90
no slow towers can get to lvl 3. the slowing towers are all triple towers. btw - soul catcher is not a waste of elements - if you wish to have a support dual at tier 3, and add one element for a damage dual at tier 3, you get one more damage dual tier 3 "for free". so - LWN for example, if you go for Well and Ice tier 3, you get soul catcher too - that is waht Cisz did in one of his replays.

I play LNW ( all lvl 3 ) for waterfall soulcatcher and pure towers. But it only gives me at most 250 ronald kills, any other ways to improve my kills? I need SLOW towers!! Seriously, which element should I add? We'll be having 11 choices, I used 9 for full lvl dual tier3, and I made 2 pure's.

Guest Magus1800

I often play in lan with some friends with my favourite FLN build, and i have to say that life towers, even if they have a low dps, have their ability far too powerful and you can go through the 60 level without big problems.

I think the ability should be nerf a little, maybe instead of 1/2/3 life gaining set it to 2/4/6 (but then i think it will be a bit too weak <_< )

Guest soyamilks

I play LNW ( all lvl 3 ) for waterfall soulcatcher and pure towers. But it only gives me at most 250 ronald kills, any other ways to improve my kills? I need SLOW towers!! Seriously, which element should I add? We'll be having 11 choices, I used 9 for full lvl dual tier3, and I made 2 pure's.

Hahaha! Let add Ice, Ice and lag the ronalds, it is quite buggy.

In addition, I think you use make use of tidal. It would be nice.

Guest hatts

I got sick of waiting to die after 5200 Ronalds whilst still having 50 lives

whole map filled with soul catchers with 4 pure nature towers in the center

(yes, it was on v.easy)

5200ronalds50lives.jpg

post-2788-1246884115_thumb.jpg

Guest Silvers

I got sick of waiting to die after 5200 Ronalds whilst still having 50 lives

whole map filled with soul catchers with 4 pure nature towers in the center

(yes, it was on v.easy)

5200ronalds50lives.jpg

I've gotten 469 ronald kills with LNW on vhard. Its great on single player/multi with noobs but you DO get rushed out early game if you are against pros.

Guest Fiishi

Forget life towers!! Its all about ENF!

Mushrooms with 200% damage are wonderful! I always beat the life tower folks. It is also easy to fill the map.

5 $

10 $

15 N

20 E

25 E

30 N

35 E

40 N

45 F

50 F

55 F

I might go ahead and make a strat thread to this...

Forget life towers!! Its all about ENF!

Mushrooms with 200% damage are wonderful! I always beat the life tower folks. It is also easy to fill the map.

5 $

10 $

15 N

20 E

25 E

30 N

35 E

40 N

45 F

50 F

55 F

I might go ahead and make a strat thread to this...

does it work on very hard? and do u get even close to filling the whole map on vh with that build?

Sign in to follow this