EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ragnakore

Very SLOOOOW

Mhuahahaha I have finally bought myself something. I have bhought a new comp, not the newest ultra gaming computer but a budget version self picked by me (most my brother) and I hope the parts will come tomorow so I can build it asap!

Guest ragnakore
ragnakore - Could you do me a favour and actually test that? Test the same towers for pb and 4.0 and see if there really is a difference?

I already did that favor a week ago when I reported it. Sure the report was hasty for not including the actual towers used and generalized the whole issue. i started 4 Release with Vulcans and I immediately experience LAG - thus the hasty conclusion. Do note that NOT ALL Towers in 4 release lag - Just some like Vulcans (from level 1 to level 3 upgrade) and Lightning. Quaker (or quaker or whatever is the name)was solved by dropping the Video quality settings like i have already mentioned.

For all intents and purposes here is a screen shot that i did just now with lightning towers:

0.7 FPS with Lightning Towers on the beta and is same on 4 release.

I have no problem with Vulcan on the beta. But is a massive lag on 4 release.

I am not ranting for ranting's sake. I am forwarding an experience.

I call it a real bug because it freezes the game.

Or you can call it "it is highly optimized map, it does not freeze on my (ultra high end) PC".

War3 is a 7~8 years old game and my laptop is surely above the game's "Recommended Hardware" setup. It should not lag.

Again like I said, i can opt just not to play those lag towers. Problem Solve.

And if there is more versions in the future, it could end up with more lag towers to the point that it becomes "Arrows and Cannons TD" because these would be the only ones useable to other players. Think about it.

BTW. On some Green Towers TD, i do get some lag when there are tons of creeps in the map. But the lag I encounter there is manageable compared to a 0.7~0.1 FPS I experience here.

post-2680-1241391964_thumb.jpg

I guess we never tested a mapfull of towers, so that's a helpfull find, thanks a lot.

The code for gunpowder was changed after the pb, apparently not very succesfull.

Do I get this right: Several towers lag for you, and one of them (gunpowder/vulkan) got worse? None got better as far as you know? Others are as bad as allways?

Guest ragnakore

So far, those Vulcans and lightning gives the intolerable LAG of less than 1 FPS.

I suspect there is something to do with "multiple targets" or the graphic details when they shoot:

Lightning has a huge chainlightning effect, while vulcan's grenades fragments to hundreds of pieces? i dont know - i cant open the map to view the codes.

The LAG occurs when all creeps are in the map and the towers are shooting like crazy. This is why in the snapshot I sent, i have to wait for late late levels (in this case Ronalds reaching #5 position) for the LAG to happen.

I havent used up all the towers so I cannot claim those are bad/good but I would assume they are good - i will report which one lags once I got to use them.

I do not micro like most of you. How I play is slowly build on all available space on the map. This is why Interest is important and I specialized on one or towers at most. Sure I get to leak on some waves, but once the defenses is built, i can leave it. This is why I like to use Vulcan - long range and place some slowing tower at #7 & #4 position so clamp them together for the bombardment.

Vulcans used to be a single target tower in 4 beta; now it shoots fragmentation grenades which is best en-mass with slowing towers.

Guest ragnakore

The Soul Catcher Towers lag too dropping FPS to 4~7 but tolerable to an extent and I can still move.

Building would be difficult but it is useless to build considering map is fully populated already.

I believe the lag with soul catchers is the attack graphics; when I shift focus to somewhere else (not my base), FPS immediately goes back to 50~60 even when lots of creeps (ronalds) are around.

I believe the lag with soul catchers is the attack graphics; when I shift focus to somewhere else (not my base), FPS immediately goes back to 50~60 even when lots of creeps (ronalds) are around.

And this is not the case with Gunpowder/Electricity Tower? Does Ice, Poison, and Jinx lag for you too?

Guest ragnakore

Gunpowder and electricity lags even when i shift focus.

Poison lags in focus or off focus.

Honestly there isn't much I can do. The towers that are giving you problems are ones that are doing more complex operations. I will certainly take another look into the problem, but I suspect nothing will change.

The heart of the matter is that normal usage does not involve the map being utterly full of towers. Normally it is better to concentrate your wealth in more powerful towers. If you're that rich that you can afford everything, then you really should increase the difficulty.

I bet filling the map with non-complex operation towers would still result in considerable lag though (but graphic lag instead of code lag). Essentially it boils down to too much commotion.

I play on at max 30 fps...................

wow, that's slow, I play on 60 fps :o

Guest Sancdar
Honestly there isn't much I can do. The towers that are giving you problems are ones that are doing more complex operations. I will certainly take another look into the problem, but I suspect nothing will change.

The heart of the matter is that normal usage does not involve the map being utterly full of towers. Normally it is better to concentrate your wealth in more powerful towers. If you're that rich that you can afford everything, then you really should increase the difficulty.

I bet filling the map with non-complex operation towers would still result in considerable lag though (but graphic lag instead of code lag). Essentially it boils down to too much commotion.

Well, 1 player with 100% of his map filled has as many towers as 8 players with 13% of their map filled each. Are we not supposed to play full games either?

With my new comp I have had no whatsoever problems with laggs. Now I play constantly with about 65 fps.

This is hopefully a moot point as of 4.1.

Hoping someone with a lower end computer can confirm whether the changes made in 4.1 helped to resolve the problems brought up by this thread.

You mean lags?

There has been alot of optimizations to reduce lags, but some new towers lag more than older once, maybe that's why. but most say this version lags less.

strategy says the trick in this version is to upgrade towers instead of "base full of towers". don't build a new tower. upgrade an old one. This strategy will also reduce your lags.

LoL you can't say that you have to use some strategy to reduce lags. Any strategy should be possible without lags. Anyways, the current version runs smoothly for me so I would like to know which towers you were using at the time and how many. It would be easier for Karawasa to know too.

But that strategy to mass towers would eventually lead into defeat.

The only reason I can think of to mass (aside from abusing a glitch) is when you are on random and do not have the elements for the upgrade. Of course, if you're massing the higher tiers then you are on too easy of a difficulty. In case my reasoning isn't apparent, upgrades are always a better value.

Sign in to follow this