EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ragnakore

Very SLOOOOW

Guest ragnakore

I find the lastest built very slow!

The previous map versions would run smoothly, but this last one is just plain unplayable once I got my base full of towers..

You mean lags?

There has been alot of optimizations to reduce lags, but some new towers lag more than older once, maybe that's why. but most say this version lags less.

strategy says the trick in this version is to upgrade towers instead of "base full of towers". don't build a new tower. upgrade an old one. This strategy will also reduce your lags.

Still, replay pls. The map is not meant to lag. If it does, I want to know why and when. :)

Guest M45T3R

I only go below 50FPS when I fill my screen with towers, so I really don't understand what everyone's problem is.

Master - let me explain then:

This map is played on very different computers. It may be that some, many, or even most of them can't handle the massive workload that eletd has become. One needs much more power to run eletd than to play tft.

I find the lastest built very slow!

The previous map versions would run smoothly, but this last one is just plain unplayable once I got my base full of towers..

I take your concern very seriously. One of the goals with the 4.0 was to significantly improve performance via optimizations.

Have you played the 4.0 Public Beta, did that lag as bad or worse? Could you also please elaborate on the lag you are experiencing.

Guest soyamilks

I like 4.0 very much, my computer runs very smooth.

In 4.0pb, the root tower is horribly lag such that after I built root tower in late game (eg lv. 5x) I can't any other towers due to it is to lags, I wonder the game is runnging 0.1~-0.5 FPS. But those lag disappered :) . I need to thanks all of the game makers.

I still didn't tried play with others yet, so I cannot comment on it

Guest ragnakore

I have played several versions: 2, 3.0, 4.0 Beta all with no lag with map full of towers.

Right now, I changed the Video Settings to "Low" and "Off" and it seems to have improved considerably.

Mind you, my Video settings were in Medium and Low before and not fancy like High.

The last time I had terrible lag was when I filled it with Lightning Towers; same happened when I filled with those Dwarf shooters.

This time, I played using Quakes. I will play some more and see how it goes.

Guest ragnakore

I filled the map with Vulcans and i got the FREEZE once again.

Not just lag but massive FREEZE.

Solution: Dont play Vulcans

Guest Void

Me and some friends tested this out, we filled all 8 areas completely with vulcans and our framerate only dropped from 60 to around 35.

Guest ragnakore

im using a Dual Core 1.8G machine...

what was smooth with beta 4.0 is no longer smooth with 4.0 release

using laptop dual core 1.6

But I need more RAM. that is the problem, not the proccesor.

Guest phistyle

yea I agree...it does seem to lag more in the new version... public beta barely lagged...it must be the new animations i guess...

Hm. Maybe the weather effects are causing trouble? Because otherwise the code was speeded up alot.

Try to turn off the weather with "-weather off", and see if that hepls a bit.

Hm. Maybe the weather effects are causing trouble? Because otherwise the code was speeded up alot.

Good thinking, someone with lag please report back after trying this. Cisz is right that code was optimized, so more lag than the PB is definitely perplexing to say the least.

Well, I have said it before. I have had no problems with the weather. But the water areas make my computer drop 33% of its current fps. (not on any other maps)

EDIT: I mean maybe that can cause it aswell? But I am still trying to figure out wy the water in element td laggs, and only in element TD

When testing in berlin, kara found the water to be laggy with rain on it, or so I remember. So try "-weather off", maybe that helps?

Guest Sancdar

Any tower that does calculating seems to lag me. Voodoo, Polar, Laser, and Impulse are the ones I notice give me the most trouble when massed. Quark doesn't seem to be that friendly either.

Played random public game, I started in the first water area. I immideatly turned weather off.

It didn't work, I had so much troubble with lagg/delay I had to commit suicide and just watch the other players. (the I had about constant 30fps)

Guest MethoD

4.0 version is really optimized for me.

What's your system spec?

Try run your warcraft without other applications. Close programs and services that not using. Also scan your computer for viruses and registry error.

Guest ragnakore

I am running a Dual Core T2400 1.8GHZ, XP, 1GB RAM, no other process running (of course system process excluded from count).

Video = Intel 945GM; DXDiag shows I have DirectX 9.0c

Its a 100% Virus free machine - unless you consider XP as a virus.

Intel 945GM is not a high end video system. it is not even considered mid level but only as "entry/low" level 3D graphics cards by last year 2008 standard. So you can blame my lag experience with my video card.

I believe this latest version was written on a relatively high end system. The 4.0 Beta runs smoothly but with lots of bugs, that version is not desireable.

Bottom Line:

* Either dont play the towers that lag such as Lightning towers and Vulcan for me. Could it be because these towers calculates the damage on multiple targets and thus twice as more compute intensive than other towers?

* Or get a new hardware

Guest ragnakore

My FPS drops from 50+ to 0.7 when I filled them with Gunpower Towers with or without "-weather off"; therefore the LAG is not with weather.

It must be the way how these towers were coded in 4.0 release; it does not lag on Beta.

That lightning tower lags too.

ragnakore - Could you do me a favour and actually test that? Test the same towers for pb and 4.0 and see if there really is a difference?

Sign in to follow this