EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiffamoo

Some thoughts about picking Interest

Guest spiffamoo

Hi all, I'm relatively new to Eletd, played 4.0pb with friends casually for a while, then dropped it. Now that 4.0 is finally out I'm back again and I do like the tweaks made to the towers (trickery especially!). I've played a few games, and I also notice that now picking interest only gives an extra 1% compared to 1.75% in pb? Right now it seems that the choice to pick interest or an extra element is quite clear cut, i.e. its almost always more advantageous to pick the extra element to give the much needed oomph. Wouldn't it be more interesting if picking interest was a more viable choice, in effect becoming part of the build?

What I was thinking of was this: basically, every level of interest taken would increase the bonus further, like an arithmetic progression. E.g: 1st interest = +1%, 2nd interest = +2% (total = 3% bonus) and so on and so forth. If 1/2/3/... is too drastic then maybe something along the lines of 1/1.5/2/... The actual numbers will have to be determined from testing of course. It might also be appropriate to cap the interest increase at around 3% to prevent abuse.

The balance of the risk vs reward (sacrificing useful elements vs more gold) might make interest builds much more viable (the 7th element?), especially near the mid game around lvl 40+ when there is a significant change in the toughness of the creeps.

What do you guys think?

Actually, interest was buffed from 0.75% in PB to 1% in 4.0. It was also capped at 3. Thus, it now goes 3%/4%/5%.

Guest spiffamoo
Actually, interest was buffed from 0.75% in PB to 1% in 4.0. It was also capped at 3. Thus, it now goes 3%/4%/5%.

Oops. I stand corrected. So interest was buffed after all, thought it was weird that it got a nerf. My bad

Guest serdelus

IMO interest is to big now, aspecially on easier modes. Dunno how it works on vh, but on VE, E and N with first three intrests you can do > 1.000.000 net worth abusing it, and with that gold every build will get you to easy win and xxxx ronalds.

interest is powerful when you play an easier difficulty than your skill level should play. If you are a good player - I'm more interested if you can do this on VH or not? Is it Useful on VH? overpowered? not useful at all?

An example of high risk - high return scenario.

First take interest - farm

take your element - continue with arrow farm

take your element tier "2"!! - farm with that tier 2 without overbuilding (Fire, Nature preffered or water but with mass cannons level 16)

next take whatever that former element is bad vs example if you took light, next take nature- continue to farm as before, but either build elemental arrows or amped elements vs the harder element .

Take an element of your choise and hope you farmed enough gold

This is how I se it in teory, I will test it and bring a replay.

Guest spiffamoo

I'm definitely not a pro, and so far I have had lots of problems using interest early on VH. And yes, I agree that on easier levels the power of early interest is much more pronounced, since there isn't a need to build that many towers. Perhaps the interest bonus should scale slightly with difficulty level? like maybe +-0.1-0.2 with difficulty level, with the current rate of 1% for normal? so perhaps from VE to VH, it could be 0.6/0.8/1/1.2/1.4.

It takes a lot of practice and good micro.. playing with elemental arrows and cannons, farming the interest up to wave 30 is possible..

Guest spiffamoo
It takes a lot of practice and good micro.. playing with elemental arrows and cannons, farming the interest up to wave 30 is possible..

Wow, wave 30. *rolls up sleeves* Gonna give it a few more shots before the weekend is over! :unsure:

Take a look at mine and M4ster's DFE builds. Gives a decent example of interest farming. I actually think interest may be slightly too powerful atm.

Guest grpgm

I think any three element build would want to go $$ to start. That extra interest farming can make almost any combination viable honestly and practicing/perfecting your technique can really improve your game. You really do not need elemental arrows 'til 20 if you can really push yourself, but I think 15 is a good time to buy your first element and farm with arrows/cannons 'til near 30 and then you can go nuts with duals.

Guest ragnakore

You can survive VH with arrows only - perhaps up to level 20 as some suggested above.

thereafter, the creeps are far too hard to kill for level 2 arrows and building level 3 arrows at this time would be too cost ineffective to just use combination elementals instead.

I think any three element build would want to go $$ to start.

I agree with the rest of your post, but who needs interest? I can allways abuse life towers instead.

I think any three element build would want to go $$ to start.

I agree with the rest of your post, but who needs interest? I can allways abuse life towers instead.

Agreed.. you don't need interest to complete the game.. in random, interest is often the worst pick to random for most players (most would rather get an element.. even essence isn't as bad as interest for most)..

life towers, gold towers,

Sign in to follow this