EleTD.com
Cisz

[4.x] Challenge 01 - no slowing

Challenge 01 - no slowing

No%20Speed%20Limit.jpg

Win the current version of eletd without using slowing towers. (No windstorm, nova, muck, roots.)

You have to play on very hard, no stalling, no short or extra short. What's stalling?

Please keep in mind the rules about map versions and replays.

Hand in your replays please. :)

Historical fact: This was the first challenge for eletd, originally created by Karawasa, on another forum, in another time, and another version of the map.

Guest inDe_eD

i did it after watching your replay, didn't use any slows.

Your 'what's stalling' link seems broken..

and suppose have to play all 60 waves? no short or extra short allowed? (just to confirm)

Your 'what's stalling' link seems broken..

and suppose have to play all 60 waves? no short or extra short allowed? (just to confirm)

Really good question! I guess I should learn playing 1-15... :lol:

Nice one.. forum draft opening.. think this build was also one of the (beta) forum draft series builds..

although the replay is on the slower side.. playing at IX..

wd on the ronald hunt.. you forgot to upgrade 8 sorcery towers at VIII-IX.. with that much gold at the end, should have built more in the game and reduce those leaks..

I think I saw this build first as a game report from DDRKirby. It might've been used later on forum draft.

Ya, I played really slow, was trying to make sure I get lots of gold. I didn't realize exactly how much gold I would end up with. I think it took me to like 800 ronalds before I realized I didn't upgrade those sorcery towers. Should definitely try to reduce those leaks. I'll probably practice this build until I can no leak it.

Guest M45T3R

Can you complete challenges in (extra) short mode?

Very good question.

Very short is out if not part of the challenge in question, and for now I will forbid even short mode. We can change that later.

and for now I will forbid even short mode. We can change that later.

Ok, it is now later :P. On a serious note though, I think we should allow short mode.

Ok, we have a first winner. m0rph1ing won just nicely and was the first one to succesfully use this build, so he wins both the challenge and an innovators title for this. :)

Ok, we have a first winner. m0rph1ing won just nicely and was the first one to succesfully use this build, so he wins both the challenge and an innovators title for this. :)

I think the innovators title is redundant. In order to win the challenge, you have to submit an innovative replay anyway right? Plus, the custom title becomes unwieldy.

My replay is coming in a few seconds. Just a few levels left and I havent uppgraded to my pures left and have 13000 gold.

It was my second try, it was very hard using only a laptop mousepad.... much less micro then I wanted.

BTW I used none tripple supports. (and was almost a 3 element build)

EDIT: here is the replay - no slowings used, also no tripple supportings were used. 34 ronalds.

4.0 No slowings _no tripple supports_.w3g

Guest ignus

Hi,

i've first to say - iam a nuub.

I've never played that map before in hard mode or ultrahard mode. Just easy easy easy ^^

So i wonder that i cam3 such far with my nuub tactic..

may be in the 4,0beta this would never work.

But i've a question to that: The 3rd-life tower should give 1 life/kill right?

I think that doesnt work on ronalds... or my drugs are kidding me ;)

eletd40_noslow_imbamode_352rons.w3g

$$DEL

I feel this version is perhaps... too hard.

I don't even want to use slow, it seems like a poor choice, especially since they are only 7% for the first while, then when they get to higher percentages you leak healing levels.

Challenge _1.w3g

Ah, someone abusing and enjoying usage of life tower :D. Just don't use it on multiplayer, ok? You'll be killed in no time

@ignus : Dude, if you already have 50 life or over, you have to kill 3 to get another life.... If your life is under 50, you'll get 1 life/kill

And some advice after watching your replay:

- Memorize the elemental cycle, you've missed lot of those in beginning (e.g. : You're trying to kill centaur with light elemental cannon... That is so wrong :) - Undead should (not a must, but it sure helps) be dealt with splash like cannon, and mechanical should be dealt with single target tower like arrow. Once again, it's not a MUST, but it sure helps!

- Picking interest on wave 55 is somewhat useless... Well, I'm not really judging about this though

- You shouldn't use cannon/arrow on wave 40+, it's not very effective anymore

- Since you're using nature as main damage, you should cover your defense with some water (use cannon/arrow for starters). On later wave, just hope your defense is impregnable. :)

Just for reference - Karawasa:

The innovators tilte is neither redundant nor is it automatic in either way. I expect morphling will, in the long run, get a second innovators title for having proven that the current interest picks are to powerfull. Also, you dont have to win a challenge to innovate a new way to win it.

We also don't want custom titles that are a mile long either. Nor ones that make no sense to anyone who isn't familiar with the lingo.

How about this:

Winner of Challenge X,X,X,X

I say drop the innovation aspect from the titles.

Honestly, I don't feel that I innovated much at all. The build I used has been used multiple times before during beta testing and beta forum drafts. I think lesher even called it his bread and butter build at one point. It was simply the build I was planning on trying first for 4.0 anyhow and it happened to be a no-slow build.

Getting 500k+ networth and 1k+ ronalds was not expected and I guess it could show that interest is probably too powerful in this version.

I think it should be like in the old forums.

As you said:

Winner of challange X, Y, Z ....

(then there will be several winners I guess, or else it's unfair :P)

Winner of challenge sounds pretty reasonable actually. Although Cisz's 1st VH replay is also a no-slow, I guess I was the first to post here? Maybe the first person to complete the challenge gets the winner title, and the rest that complete it get a challenge title? =)

Guest grpgm

Here's my contribution :)

$$LEN

Which I would like to point out is a TERRIBLE trinity! There are no Earth damage towers within that trinity :( Not even Mushroom is Earth, it's almost entirely Nature with a little bit of Quark to cover Light. Quark is very awesome now though, even with its terrible range

I survive the early waves with Interest abuse and a bit of luck, then I proceed to abuse the hell out of Life towers for the rest of the game. I got Earth in the mix because I knew I was going need Incantation if I wanted any hope of my Soul Catchers actually kill something after wave 50. I also figured it would be a good challenge, took me a lot of practice to get 1-15 down with enough money to mass Life Towers.

This also happens to be my first VH clear :)

Oh, and only 29 Ronalds :'(

VH_LEN_29ron.w3g