EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest M45T3R

Lets get this over with

i always host -vhsrcmsm.. and few actually complain.. and the mode is announced most of the time in the pregame chat..

after the game starts, most go wtf and just leave the game..

but really. playing ve is almost not playing the game as it can be completed as long as the player builds some towers.. no insult to anyone.. normal should be the standard while the best can play in vh or even vhx..

Guest M45T3R

You're probably playing on the Europe servers where everyone is good

Guest Timberwolf

VH should be contained to private games involving known players (like games set up here or with friends you know are good, clan games, private channels etc).

Hosting open public games on VH without announcing it in the game name is just flat out silly. Announcing it in the game name makes it a bit less silly, but it still seems kind of counter productive to the idea of spreading the map and attracting new players. The only reason to do it in public games is to show off to noobs "look at me slaughter the map while you all die by wave 30 lol", and really battle.net has more than enough of that nonsense already.

Public games are for casual players/people looking to skim new maps, and settings should usually be set accordingly. Serious games and advanced settings are exactly why there are alternate channels and gaming clans for the hardcore players that really want a test.

Guest Sancdar
IMO any game should be played on the hardest difficulty; either do something well or don't do it at all. So yeah, I think it sucks that so many people don't want the slightest challenge.

VH should be contained to private games involving known players (like games set up here or with friends you know are good, clan games, private channels etc).

Hosting open public games on VH without announcing it in the game name is just flat out silly. Announcing it in the game name makes it a bit less silly, but it still seems kind of counter productive to the idea of spreading the map and attracting new players. The only reason to do it in public games is to show off to noobs "look at me slaughter the map while you all die by wave 30 lol", and really battle.net has more than enough of that nonsense already.

Public games are for casual players/people looking to skim new maps, and settings should usually be set accordingly. Serious games and advanced settings are exactly why there are alternate channels and gaming clans for the hardcore players that really want a test.

Two different philosophies of game design, clearly. I lean more towards M45T3R's thinking, but I can understand people looking for fun watching things blow up. I always post game settings in the title, and I don't like it when hosts don't. Hopefully it'll become more of a standard if we all do it. I also get annoyed at people who join a game with random letters that are probably modes and pros in the title and then complain that it's a hard game, especially if the modes are explained before the game starts.

Just remember guys, there are players out there who want an easy game and there are players who want a challenge, and neither is playing the game wrong.

I liked the 3.0 days where I could win on vh rnd vs ve pick players. :)

I'm hoping the new timer times will make this possible again.

Sign in to follow this