EleTD.com
Cisz

[b23b] Super sized units bug - still around?

I assume the 300% tower size bug is still around in b23b?

How can I reproduce it?

Guest Void

300% tower size? Is there anything that increases the tower size at all? Because that should just be removed...

what is it with trickery? clones of some towers are bigger and clones of other towers are smaller.

Really? Could you provide an example of each?

I am not sure, but I was told in a game with cisz, jolin012 and hyperprimate that my cloned drowning towers where bigger then original.

I didn't save the replay, maybe I should have done that :unsure:

I hope either of above players have it though or can "back me up" on this.

I think it was in the replay I won :)

ok I lied - trickery CAN create 300% sized bugs. 0.44 sec replay attached. but yes it also created +25% sized towers before in 13ests game cisz might have that rep.

Edit: after a bit more experienting, i found that clones of oblivions and it's upgrade, are allways 300% size. at least at my pc

Edit 2. in teh same game, tidal tsunami and hail get small clones (as they should be, but comet gets biig clones.

beta_23b_oblivion_size_times_3_clone.w3g

yeah, it goes either way depending on the type of tower. the few that i noted were

hail - small

comet - big

oblivion - big (i believe its exactly the same size as the portals at the start and end of the maze)

flesh golem - no change

poison - small

disease - small

the level of light that looks like the observatory - large

do they Return to their natural size maybe? I think someone mentioned that about focused light before...

as far as I rememhber - before we tried to make clones 25% smaller than normal towers, this bug didn't exist. (correct me if I'm wrong)

so - if the solution isn't found before 4.0, then this 25% thing should be removed before the release of 4.0 to the public

we dont want 500% sized oblivions and lights there.

wasn't supersized towers seen in 4pb?

there is nothing that increases the size of towers.. but well towers caused towers to increase in size when buffed.. and now trickery also results in some size bugs..

as far as I rememhber - before we tried to make clones 25% smaller than normal towers, this bug didn't exist. (correct me if I'm wrong)

This is one of the few occaisions where you are wrong. The 300% size bug has existed long before the latest trickery. It's for example part of the pb. :)

Edit - Maybe this helps: It seems that the wrong model sizes are related to the original size of the model. Quaker is in the game a huge boss, right? And oblivion is a huge portal, right?

Edit - Maybe this helps: It seems that the wrong model sizes are related to the original size of the model. Quaker is in the game a huge boss, right? And oblivion is a huge portal, right?

yes, that's what I was trying to say :)

do they Return to their natural size maybe? I think someone mentioned that about focused light before...

Well, I don't know how the code looks like ... but does the trigger for the Trickery Tower somehow change the model size of the new, cloned tower? If so, does this still happen, when removing that part or adding a small wait time?

As it was said before, you can check the bug with the focused light tower quite easily, since the original model size is way bigger, than the one used in EleTD.

Poeple, please slow down here, and concentrate.

We are mixing two different bugs here.

This thread is not about trickeries size changes to copies. Not it is not. Please open a new thread for this, if there is none yet.

This thread is ONLY about the "very big, woa, that thing is huuuge" bug,which is totally unrelated to trickery, but is probably caused by well. Just because jolin found a third bug,mixing both, doesn't mean we are talking about trickery here.

So focus, play well games, reproduce bug, ignore trickery. :)

oh, this time you are actually wrong Cisz - finally, after 1576 posts :P . or am I misunderstanding you? the topics name is super sized towers - so a trickery bug that causes 500% sized towers should count as valid here. And no - what I mentioned had nothing with well to do. it is the trickery bug that happens if you clone a tower it returns to original size, which with oblivion tower is the same size as the creep portal, about 300% the size the tower should be. and a cloned focused light gets to the models original size, about 700% of the normal focused light size.

attached pic shows supersize compared to normal size (except for those hidden inside the supersizes:P) of focused light, refined light, oblivion, necromancy and comet tower. The only thing that this focused light is smaller than, that we ever had, was the bugged fleshgolem.

post-49-1239822961_thumb.png

Well, Karawasa, I don't know your code. But there is a very very ugly workaround.

If there is a function that returns the tower size/scale factor then make a button (maybe on the builder) that checks all towers and if there is one too big resize it.

You could make that every 10 seconds too but I am not sure about the performance then and that makes ugly++;

I have identified the problem with Trickery Tower, and it has been corrected. You see, upon entering play the clone was having its scale set to 75% of base (model base, not what it should be in play) instead of point value (what controls scale)*0.75. Yay!

ah, as I expected. that's what I meant too

great - so we get to keep the 75% thing :)

And Cisz again wasn't wrong - this thread was ONLY about the well bug and it was not that he didn't know what he was talking about. although the first post and topic of the thread I claim are misleading :P I'll just split topic to get rid of the wrong stuff... hmm.. there's no split topic action..