EleTD.com
Lizarb

the new forum

Hey, that's a very cool post. I like the map too, and I like you. :)

Guest Sancdar

I can't see if there are new posts in a forum section without checking the date/time until i go into the section. Am I just being dumb here?

I'd also like it if the skins from the old board could be added, there's no dark skin currently. Other than that there's nothing terribly wrong here, but it was kind of a weird decision.

Karawasa: "Guys, lets test the hell out of this newest beta so we can get 4.0 out ASAP!"

Karawasa: "Hmm, I think I'll take the forums down for a couple of days and pay some money to add...better custom title functionality?"

Sancdar - you're not the only one. I'm suffering problems keeping track of teh forums without that neat new posts icon. I know the todays active topics button but no, I don't like that.

There is a "View New Posts" option next to "My Controls."

Turquoise Dreams seems pretty dark. There are a lot more skins for IPB, and they are easy to install. You guys are welcome to find skins you want and link them here.

There is a "View New Posts" option next to "My Controls."

Turquoise Dreams seems pretty dark. There are a lot more skins for IPB, and they are easy to install. You guys are welcome to find skins you want and link them here.

Turqoise Dream is the least terrible, but it's only a weak compromise. Sure you can get something darker for so much gold coins? ;)

Also, I made up my mind, and I don't want a "new posts" option, I want a secure way to get all posts that I didn't read yet. The "new posts" thing doesn't do that at all.

I want a button that I can click and that hands me a list of all topics with unread posts in it, and the default time period has to be "since the universe started". :)

Also I demand that the filenames for attachments must allow spaces. I don't want to end up with different versions of mapnames, so this is a big issue imo.

And I have more:

When I'm not in the top level of the forums, I have no way to get there. All the "Eletd.com" links, that are displayed like they are the top level, will get me to www.eletd.com instead. So to go to the forum overview I have to navigate over the main page again.

Also, if you are paying for this, why does the page name for said forum overview have an advertisement in it? :huh:

I am sure I will find more, so stay tuned. B)

Turqoise Dream is the least terrible, but it's only a weak compromise. Sure you can get something darker for so much gold coins? ;)

Also, I made up my mind, and I don't want a "new posts" option, I want a secure way to get all posts that I didn't read yet. The "new posts" thing doesn't do that at all.

I want a button that I can click and that hands me a list of all topics with unread posts in it, and the default time period has to be "since the universe started". :)

Also I demand that the filenames for attachments must allow spaces. I don't want to end up with different versions of mapnames, so this is a big issue imo.

And I have more:

When I'm not in the top level of the forums, I have no way to get there. All the "Eletd.com" links, that are displayed like they are the top level, will get me to www.eletd.com instead. So to go to the forum overview I have to navigate over the main page again.

Also, if you are paying for this, why does the page name for said forum overview have an advertisement in it? :huh:

I am sure I will find more, so stay tuned. B)

lolz, okey I guess you're happy to know that I don't have anything to complain about in this forum xD

True but the banner works. (Element Tower Defense at the top of the page.)

I can't see if there are new posts in a forum section without checking the date/time until i go into the section. Am I just being dumb here?

Sancdar - you're not the only one. I'm suffering problems keeping track of teh forums without that neat new posts icon. I know the todays active topics button but no, I don't like that.

Same problem here.

This seems to be fixed. Maybe the "Eletd.com" as a link name should be changed to something like "Eletd Forums", but still, it's great. This was fixed before I had a new complaint, so the derivative is negative. Good job. :)

I tried to edit one of my own posts in the suggestions section, one of my own. I clicked edit, edited and clicked submit post. "your post was successfully edited" - cool! just that, the post wasn't edited - it is same as before I edited. tried 3 times or so - no change of post.

I'd also like it if the skins from the old board could be added, there's no dark skin currently. Other than that there's nothing terribly wrong here, but it was kind of a weird decision.

Karawasa: "Guys, lets test the hell out of this newest beta so we can get 4.0 out ASAP!"

Karawasa: "Hmm, I think I'll take the forums down for a couple of days and pay some money to add...better custom title functionality?"

I totally agree.

In my opinion, it was not worth the money.... :blink:

I hate this big changes, i just arrived home (being away a week) and find my room completely up side down. (cleaned) but for what? I can't find a single thing it looks alot more messier now in my room now then before. And so in my rage i logg onto eletd and find it also happened the same thing.

I can honestly say I dislike it.

I am more used to it now after a while.

The only thing I really miss now is the blackpearl team (but the dream is quite nice, and you can change whenever you want)

And a better way to see if there has been any new post's

Two things I am working on are underscores replacing spaces in filenames and an easier way to view unread posts.

black pearl was good.. turquoice dreams is somewhat close but the quick reply box is white with turquoice text.. black background with yellow/white text still looks better.. and at least there are new posts marker too.. the square shows up quite clearly..

Thesquare is either a link to the last post, no matter if read or not, or it is meat to mark new posts, but doesn't disapear after reading, so I end up reading posts 3 times.

Thesquare is either a link to the last post, no matter if read or not, or it is meat to mark new posts, but doesn't disapear after reading, so I end up reading posts 3 times.

Ha same problem here...

the square doesn't disappear if you hit back.. have to refresh the page..

seems like there is some delay too..

Yup, and instant for me...

the square doesn't disappear if you hit back.. have to refresh the page..

seems like there is some delay too..

Sometimes it doesn't work with F5. I'll take a look at it now.

Ok I did some times F5 now and sure read posts (3 minutes ago...) are marked with the sign...

test.png

Edit: Ok I guess I know how to reproduce the bug:

If I open more than one thread in tabs some of the last tabs are not marked as read. That's very ugly - I always open all new posts in tabs :(

Guest Sancdar

View New Posts is very unreliable for me.

Quoting a post does not contain quotes within that post, which can make a conversation within a thread awkward.

I'm still left wondering where any meaningful improvements are.