EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Brainstorm

- Greed -

So if my greed tower (+1%) hits a creep 20 times, I get +20% bounty, no matter how I finish the creep?

First thing I would try is some sort of mass slow/mass low level greed combo to get a very long greed exposure for maybe 300% bounty. This might be abuseable in single player.

And if the % is low enough to avoid this, it will become useless on fast multiplayer games, right?

Sounds like a balance nightmare. :(

Basically it's more complicated, has greater variation with the circumstances, and is less predictable than money.

Sounds like a balance nightmare.

Basically it's more complicated, has greater variation with the circumstances, and is less predictable than money.

No, +5%, +7%, +12% (gold T level), 5 times stackable, can be stacked 5 times per tower level type (so you can combine gold, money and mine towers) extra hits do nothing, if you mass slow you have to make the tower change manually the target or the tower will hit senseless the same creep.

Imo it is an option for gold without having to boost tower damage to make it effective.

In example, same creep:

2 hits from money lvl1 tower, +10 % bounty

7 hits from money lvl2 tower, max 5 hits, +35% bounty

1 hit from Money lvl3 tower, +12% bounty

total bounty: 1,10 x 1,35 x 1,12 = 1,66

so, 66% extra bounty.

So if I use 5 towers of each type and spread them and use mass slow this will give me a maximum of

5% x 5

+ 7% x 5

+ 12% x 5

-------------

120%

..so my bounty will be at 220% max. To get this I will have to play single player. This is ofc on top of the allready to high income by playing ultra slow.

On multiplayer a realistic bonus will look more like +30% to +60%, right?

So the tower is to strong on single player or to weak on multiplayer.

Why the problems? Just to have a complicated substitute for money?

Perhaps there is an easier way to balance this. What if it was based on damage, and gave out a set amount? For every X damage this tower does, you get X gold.

Like for every shoot? And modified by armour and reduction?

Sounds better so far.

Guest Sancdar

That still only encourages mass Gold, I think, but it's better than the other suggestions. I still think it's a balance nightmare.

Only need 4 abilities..

Looking over the current towers, and the accepted abilities, I have come to a conclusion. At least one of the remaining 4 towers should have something to do with undead classification. We have towers that don't work on mechanical (poison), that work with mechanical (tech), or don't work with either (crypt, life). It would be nice to have one tower (most likely a dual) that works with undead, and *perhaps* another that works for everything but undead. This way, the classification is more relevant to the game.

Did you pick up my suggestion of long range and very long cooldown? Like 2 seconds or more?

Two proposed ideas:

Grave Robber Tower:

Gives double bounty if it kills an undead unit.

Abyss (some scary name) Tower:

Single target slow and armor reducer. Does NOT work on undead.

I don't like both of them.

Armor reducers are very game deciding, remember? And, as proven with poison, a tower that is good on all but one type, is still very valid. And double bounty is pretty money tower, right?

What about my suggested "exchange creep with on of the next or last wave randomly" aka chaos tower aka strong vs healing and fast?

Good points on the suggested towers.

I don't like long range and long cooldown, that was basically Darkness in the past.

The chaos tower is interesting, hard to imagine how it would play though. I'd like to hear what other people think of it.

Soul Collector Tower:

Every undead kill this tower makes adds an insane permanent damage bonus to this tower. Numbers to be figured out later.

Soul collector is some sort of limited flesh golem, right?

True, not very unique is it? Hard to brainstorm some positive effect that you get for only undead kills. Also would like to brainstorm a tower that does not work on undead (preferably a single target slow with some additional effect).

Thats aging for you. Mechs get weaker with age, undead don't.

Although I loathe to do this:

Soul Reaper Tower:

Tech tower except for undead.

Also, I'm running with the Mortar Tower idea. Only 3 abilities/towers left (I can see the light!).

Guest Sancdar

So...Soul Reaper just replaces Undead? Why?

Soul Reaper would be a dual tower like Life/Tech (it only makes sense). It wouldn't replace Undead Tower, it would be a tech tower except for undead instead of mechanical. Its element makeup is unknown at this point. Undead tower is getting the axe completely, and will be redesigned into something else.

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

Redemption/Purification Tower -- lwn?

This tower has a passive aura that adds a damage bonus to nearby towers. Each undead kill this tower makes increases the strength of the aura.

Need only two more abilities. They should be geared for a triple element tower (more powerful, crazy etc.).

Crazy eh?

Ethereal Tower (single target)- Creeps hit by this tower briefly turn ethereal and are mildly slowed. Ethereal units take increased elemental damage but take no / nearly no composite damage.

I don't have Warcraft 3 at the moment so I can't test, but can normal attack types even attack ethereal units (piercing, normal, siege etc.)?

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

Sonic Tower. Ignores armor, but doesn't reduce it. Maybe a chance to confuse?

Guest Sancdar
I don't have Warcraft 3 at the moment so I can't test, but can normal attack types even attack ethereal units (piercing, normal, siege etc.)?

No, but you can fake it with awkward JASS.

Sign in to follow this