EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Brainstorm

Hey Guys,

I know there is already a Tower Ability Wishlist thread in the suggestions forum. However, we currently have 8 abilities that are "approved," and 17 towers that need something new.

Thus, I am making this post to shine light on this fact. More than anything else right now, I am looking for ideas for new abilities/towers. Once this crucial step is completed, everything else will be able to fall into place much easier.

I know I've said this before, but don't limit your imagination. JASS coding can do a lot of things, so it is better to suggest then to not. It doesn't matter where you get your ideas or inspiration from (DotA suggestions forum, other custom maps, other games etc.), so don't be limited in that respect.

Feel free to post here or in the Tower Ability Wishlist thread.

Thanks

Apparrantly we need mainly new damage towers, as we can't have more than 8 game winning ones and all special effects have to be mild.

I just played tropical td for the first time, and it has a siege weapon like tower with a cooldown of about 6 seconds. Maybe that is a bit extreme, but a very long cooldown is missing on eletd. Something like 4 or 5 seconds should work.

Or how about a single target tower with a very short cooldown.

The first eletd flash game had the flower tower that lost range with each upgrade. In a build with strong slow, this makes perfect sense, as the tower has less and less need for range. But maybe the 3.1 slows won't be strong enough.. Maybe a tower that increases range with each upgrade would be needed.

The movement of flesh golem allways seemed a bit to slow imo and I put it on hold most of the time. I neven found a use for moving it.

How about some sort of ancient of protection tower that can take root? Or a siege tank tower?

And we could have a teleporting tower, with a cooldown or mana fueled relocation effect; it could actually change the ledge it is standing on, unlike flesh.

That last sentence was golden. I'm sold on the idea of a teleporting tower. Now we only need 8 more abilities/towers.

I just noticed that I got that idea from starcraft 2 - they plan to have teleporting photon cannons.

Guest mrchak

teleporting tower is very easy to do also, using an ability based off of "build tiny town hall". I do it in a map I've been working on for... a while now, Market TD, which is going to revolutionize TDs... but my energy right now is focused on ETD

Guest lumber_of_the_beast

A tower that slows by a small amount, but does it permanently.

A tower that increases the range of other nearby towers.

A tower with high damage and a large area of effect or multishot (or both!), but it increases the creep's speed or has some other drawback.

A tower that deals damage of a random element, and maybe has a random effect tied into each element. (Fire = damage over time, water = slow, nature = armor reduction, earth = splash damage, light and darkness I dunno)

A tower that randomly transforms a creep into..

..a creep of either the last or the next wave.

It would of course be known as the chaos tower. It would do great vs healing or fast waves.

Guest Warcryptic

When you get earth 2, that model, would be excellent for some kind of earthquake tower. It slows, maybe only slows, not damaging. And how higher the levels become the less affective, maybe as duel element tower. Not to powerfull, just to make it start.

Chaos tower great idea, but it looks more like a tower that allready excists. Maybe switch those 2.

Darkness and light together. Something as twilight or something (thought up the idea from playing kingdom hearts 2) I just thought up for a idea and name, what power i don't know maybe you can help me with it XD

Guest Ryukira

Dont really know how good this idea is since there already are similar towers(steam) that dont really work that good but i feel that a rot tower would be nice, by rot i mean disease cloud, if glacier is removed giving the cloud some slow would probably be pretty nice, would be like a morph between steam and nova, more or less, probably with darkness damage, and since theres a really big shortage of darkness splash towers a aoe/dot darkness with slow would be a good way to make the element a bit more sufficient.

Guest ScouSin

Note, these names are probably bad ideas as is :P

Other kind of teleport tower: A tower with the ability to teleport a target creep back to the starting point of the line (but of course the cooldown would be quite a bit).

Money tosser: For exceptional damage per hit, this tower drains gold per attack.

Reversal tower: Causes a target creep to move backwards for a short ways (long cooldown).

Percentage tower: Deals a percent of a creep's current HP in damage.

Weakening tower: Causes target hit creep to take 200% damage from all elements (except composite and the element's weakness) temporarily.

Bunching tower: Makes it so all creeps around target creep center on target creep's location (essentially to cause splashing damage to be more effective, even while creeps behind the bunch are moved forward).

Element changer: Changes the element of target tower to an element of choice (not composite) temporarily.

Waning tower: Once made, over time this tower's damage decreases (starts out significantly high, ends up uselessly small. Make another to make a fresh power).

Aura tower: A tower that has passive auras, which each increase damage, attack speed, etc a minimal amount.

Plague swarm : Surrounds a creep with flies, shortly stopping it first, then reducing speed and hurting it over time, and, after 3 sec or after death (whatever comes first), the swarm jumps to a nearby creep. The attack vanishes as soon as a creep dies and has no nearby ally. The tower can create a maximum of 3 swarms at the same time.

Wandering scream : The tower screams, shortly stopping a random creep in range, the creep will be covered with fear and remain armor-reduced, and, after 3 sec or after death (whatever comes first), the creep will scream having the effect jump to a nearby creep. The attack vanishes as soon as a creep dies and has no nearby ally. The tower can create a maximum of 3 wandering screams at the same time. (both ideas came to me with the hungry felhounds map concept)

Entropy : The tower deals more damage based on how fast the creep is, faster creep, more damage. On hit, there is a slight knock back, and all nearby creeps will slightly be sucked to the position of the targeted creep.

Acid Spray : A skill that affects the ground reducing the armor of creeps walking over it.

Greed : Each strike adds a % on final bounty received when creep dies.

Blood Corruption : Each hit reduces the speed of the creep by additional 10%, if the tower hits the creep a 5th time, the creep explodes in an AoE damaging nearby creeps, based on its initial max heath.

Energy transfer : If no creep is in range, the tower transfers his damage to another tower of any kind (in range of creeps) and adds his damage to it; if the targeted tower has faster attack speed, the damage transfert skill transfers less damage (double speed = half damage transfer).

Tsunami : Tower creates a straight-walking wave that slows, knocks back and hurts creeps on its path. Different to glacial, it only creates one wave at the same time, and has no range as the wave is destroyed as soon as it hits an ascendent wall.

Guest ScouSin

Entropy : The tower deals more damage based on how fast the creep is, faster creep, more damage. On hit, there is a slight knock back, and all nearby creeps will slightly be sucked to the position of the targeted creep.

I like the idea of dealing damage to a creep based on its speed. Not only would it make not using slow a logical choice, but it would also give actual aid to those blasted fast rounds.

Guest kokuril

Creep's Element Changer : Change Creep's Element about 5 sec. to ....

- Same Element with the tower's Element

- Opposite Element with the tower element

- - To weaker element (such as water-element-tower change creep to fire

- - To Stronger element (such as water-element-tower change creep to Dark

-Different Element with tower's element(such as water-element-tower change creep to earth,nature,or light.

Accerelating Tower - (For what? Ha Ha )

-Increase creep speed --use for race mode

-Maybe decrease armor

-Or Maybe change element to weaker element but creep will run faster

Type Change Tower

-Change element type (such as change mechanical to Undead,Undead to mechanical or change to othe type that crypt tower, death tower can effective ( For DFNE Tower )

Percentage tower: Deals a percent of a creep's current HP in damage.

Much too strong lategame, sadly. Or alternatively much too weak early game. Same tower does 20 damage on opening and 200.000 dmg on last wave.

Guest Sancdar

Yeah, that was why the Lunar Tower got changed so quickly from the 2%/second thing.

I like the "Accelerating Tower" - maybe speed the creep up a bit and do a rupture effect on it?

Yeah, that was why the Lunar Tower got changed so quickly from the 2%/second thing.

I like the "Accelerating Tower" - maybe speed the creep up a bit and do a rupture effect on it?

That is a hot idea.

Guest kokuril

Prayer Tower- Increase damage of nearby tower(maybe auto cast) 25,50 and 100% more damage(when upgrade)

Mirror Tower-Create Image of selected-other-tower.And Image tower have 50% damage of original tower.

I was thinking of what could be done with the slot in the editor normally reserved for "Ethereal". It's sort of another "layer" on top of Armor Type. Eh, it's not quite a completed thought yet.

A Tower based on the Pocket Factory idea.

A thought on the whole "Reversal" idea: Remember that if the reversed unit is slowed, it will also reverse slower.

Remind me what the currently approved abilities are please.

Are you guys currently using the Custom Unit ID?

For a list of approved abilities, go to the "Potential Tower Abilities," thread in this section.

I like the image idea, consider it approved.

What have you in mind with the "Custom Unit ID," and the "Ethereal?"

I got nothing specific right now, it's just a thought. For the Custom Unit ID -> it goes with the trigger "Unit-Set Custom Value" [call SetUnitUserData ( unit, integer)]. But no, I got nothing right now.

Greed : Each strike adds a % on final bounty received when creep dies.

I think this could be a great improvement on Money towers. Thoughts?

Guest Sancdar

Early game, they would only take a few hits to kill, so without a large % increase they would be much worse than they are now. However, with upgrading, you'd probably want it to start small because...late-game, they would take a bunch of hits to kill, so a large % increase would give tons (assuming it increases at least 5x like damage does, because otherwise they would get WORSE ability-wise when upgraded).

I just feel it's really awkward. Last-hit mechanism is not good, but this is no improvement.

How about an low chance instant death skill with multishot, if 1 of the targets dies, all 3 are doomed, regardless from hp. Something like life bound + Instant death. Excellent for areas 6 & 9, it works on first pas as a mass death tower with death bounds and more like a normal instant death on second pass.

Sign in to follow this