EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ungulateman

Please help me

Guest ungulateman

Thanks for clicking on my thread.

I'm currently rather new (and bad) at Element TD. My best record so far in 4.0 beta is wave 52 on VE. I don't have a recording to post, so don't ask. My preferred builds include: 6-element, LDW & FNEW. Could someone give me some advice please?

ungulateman

Guest Sancdar

Build all the AoE slows you can, as well as Corrosion tower. Don't sell elemental towers if you're playing on pick. Build on a 2-pass spot.

You should also make sure you spend your money. And "two pass" may be a new concept for you, I translate it to "in the lower right corner of the map". :)

Oh, and save a replay, we can help you so much more if you give us one.

Master is right. One of each: Windstorm, roots, muck, nova, corrosion, voodoo, polar, enchantment, well, blacksmith. You can leave out trickery, as it's not really working in this version.

Master is right. One of each: Windstorm, roots, muck, nova, corrosion, voodoo, polar, enchantment, well, blacksmith. You can leave out trickery, as it's not really working in this version.

you forgot flame and ice :) though tey are not as important since the AoE slows give more than full slow and flame doesn't work that well in the beginning. although later on the dmg amplify can be useful. (flame and ice are trickier towers to use)

Guest Sancdar

I left the others out because the support triples other than Corrosion don't solo well early, and Well/Blacksmith aren't useful with full supports early or as a first/second tower.

Guest Sancdar
Nova and windstorm solo fantastically...

I left in all AoE slows. Also I'd say that Muck solos pretty well also, and Roots isn't bad as long as you catch the odd one.

Guest LERstudent

Hi all.

I've recently come across the Ele TD 4.0PB and have as of yet been unable to get past lv 41 on VH/Extreme (non chaos). I saw a shavethewhales post of a VH/Extreme win but I cant figure out what version of wc3 it is so I can watch it.

My general build on short has been double lightning to root then frenzy with some aoe slows. The shield levels (shredders) and revenants really own me though it seems.

If there's no way of finding the wc3 version or getting a new replay, and tips to get past the hump (as far as build order goes) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Christopher

Guest ungulateman

1. I can't upload a video.

2. I'm slowly improving, actually - I got 27 Ronalds a few days ago on VE Random.

Sorry about my inability to upload a video, I'll try sometime soon.

Guest Sancdar
Attached is one of my recent runs. Check it out, it's on random VE.

You played with a non-standard map name, so I can't view your replay. Either submit one with the correct (english, etc.) version or upload the map file you used, please.

I don't understand what you mean

If you save a replay, the name and path of the mapfile that you used is saved in that replay. And in order to watch your replay, I have to have the same path and name on my computer.

Now some examples.

Player 1 thinks it is great to have his maps neatly ordered, so he has eletd in Warcraft III\Maps\Custom Maps\TD\Eletd\Element TD 4.0 Public Beta.w3x.

The next one doesnt care at all, and ends up with an identical file, but with the name Warcraft III\Maps\Download\Element TD 4[1].0 Public Beta.w3x.

Another player feels smart and renames his version to Warcraft III\Maps\Download\Element TD 4.0 Protected.w3x, and so on.

And everytime, allthough the map file is identical byte by byte, I have to rename mine, or even create new folders, to watch the replay.

We decided this is the players fault, not the watchers. We have strict rules for folder names and map names. "Warcraft III\Maps\Download\Element TD 4.0 Public Beta.w3x" is the only legit version here, and we will tell you so over and over again, until you change it on your computer. :P

>> Here is a post about it. <<

The crazy thing is, you can play with everybody that uses the same mapname, but to watch the replay, the path has to be identical too. :blink: Weird.

As stated by other various members of the community, I recommend many AoE slows and if u can get a Periodic Tower of the elements. Another good combo is Polar Tower + Voodo.

Guest M45T3R
Attached is one of my recent runs. Check it out, it's on random VE.

Is it just me or is everybody ignoring me in this thread?

Master is right

@M45T3R : You're not ignored, dude :)

Anyway, are you going to make 6-ele build by building all slowing tower? Aiming for the periodics, eh?

It is probably still the strongest wave 60 build.. but the midgame of 6-element build is tricky to play well, compared to 4-element builds..

Guest ungulateman

These days I'm more into 3 or 4 element builds. I'm still playing VE.

By the way, why won't the download for the new 4.0 work? (i.e. the non-beta version)

Sign in to follow this