EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

Which last minutes changes would you want?

Wy haven't you posted your thoughts yet? (can re-vote)  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is not a discussion thread, more which last minute changes you would have done. Just to se more what people thinks.

My personal ideas.

Game balance:

Increase 1100 range towers, to 1150 range.

Nerf composite from 75% to 80% reduction.

Nerf healing a bit, either the amount healed or area. (single target towers lategame usually spread their attacks out, wanted or not)

Game flow balance:

Standardise all tower cost, (like 1517 to 1500, 6068 to 6000)

Fix earth armor bug

New Terrain:

A bit more flashy doodads. (like those runes)

add some bubbles instead for a more beach/ocean like terrain.

Change the Darkness/water to Nature/water (like a swamp, or like a small pond in a "magic" forest)

In the deep forest, add some deep wc3 forest feeling (like the orc quest in RoC when you must gather lumber, (whisps around trees and such)

Dark terrain area, add a bat or something that flies around. (either use the doodad, or make your own using gargoyle model and recduce size and set color to black)

P.S. it was not the rain that caused fps drop, it was somehow the water. Altough I have been able to play battleships without any fps drops?

Modes:

New "extreme/chaos?" mode:

Creeps newer stop spawning either next level spawn directly after, or they wait a few seconds. Creeps are a little more spread out, so splash aren't to imba. (sadly short range towers will have more power here, but don't know how to fix that)

If you want to discuss do a "subthread"

hopefully this thread will get summarised and discussed in time.

Guest M45T3R

Make every splash tower do the same DPS/area, and every single damage tower do the same DPS/unit. i.e. Windstorm should do the same amount of damage as nova because they both have 700 range.

Guest Sancdar

Game balance:

Increase Radius tower's range by 50, to 1150 range.

Nerf composite from 75% to 80% reduction.

Game flow balance:

Fix earth armor bug

i haven't played enough lately to say if 75->80 is good or bad but I guess it is good to change. since ther has grown a larger differance in difficulty between normal waves and hard waves. so if 75% + classification waves should be possible regular waves would be ridiculously easy. So 80% or 85% imo theretically would not be a bad change.

I'm still following your rule 13est, this is not a discussion, I'm just saying I want the same change if I happen to be right :P

13est:

In short terms, you could also possibly want to change composite from 75% to something >75%?

It is ok if you discuss your own changes, and discuss things aslong as you are ontopic! (which you were)

Guest Timberwolf

I'm more than slightly frustrated with where the map is going at the moment, and it's more of the same from me. I expect I'll be over-ridden again but I'll say what I have to say on what I see with the last beta anyway.

The difficulty in it's current state is a complete farce.

I played a random/chaos today, and rolled F/interest/D/N/D2/interest/F2/N2/E/F3/E2 and that gives me powered up Voodoo, Earthshaker, Roots, and Flamethrower towers, 2 pure fire towers, plus level 2 duals to kill all the middle rounds, and massive amounts of free money, and I still failed to beat wave 60. On easy.

There is absolutely no sane rational arguement that any amount of micromanagement should be needed to beat the game on easy with that roll - hell with that roll of elements I should be able to beat the map blindfolded on "easy". And yes, I know where to position my towers. I've only been playing the map for like two years. The difficulty is simply screwed up at this point.

The towers themselves seem more or less balanced among each other, but their effectiveness vs. the creeps in general should be being seriously called into question if we're talking real release candidates now.

13est:

Agreed I haven't beaten very hard in ages and don't even think about beating random with 50lives. Provide a replay of a noleak of random in very hard, or even pick very hard. (if you managed to do that somehow, try to do it with other players playing at the same time.)

Sign in to follow this