EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toolchest

HURRY UP ALREADY

Guest Toolchest

JANUARY? ITS ALMOST APRIL WTF IS TAKING SO LONG

(Takes in air)

IT TAKES LONG TO CREATE QUALITY

No, seriously, the map is a hard thing to do. It's top quality, all the woodwork, the rich embroidery, only the eta's suck. ;)

Guest DKthe13
PUNCTILIOUS PEOPLE ROCK!!!

Copy that...

But it still takes long ;)

Guest Vlashe

Yah i cant imagine why its taking so long....been waiting for months and months now :(

Fingers crossed for next week.

Guest fendel
I just released the private beta that is the release candidate...

That is GREAT! :D

Guest MethoD
I just released the private beta that is the release candidate...

Private beta? Sounds good.

Can I get that?

I know you don't give me. I better wait for the 4.0 final release.

Can you tell me when will you release? You can tell the approximate release date, not exact.

I've been waiting for several months.

Don't ask Karawasa for an ETA(estimated time arrival), he has failed all the time so far :)

Don't trust me on this, but I guess we could possibly be done in a few weeks.

Guest Toolchest

Thanks for the pointless progression bar btw, it helps everyone know whats going on so it can sit on the last step for 2 months.

Guest biyabo

Be a little considerate, these guys have been working without pay on a professional-quality free map for months with no incentive other than love for the game. They've set up a site and a forum and are trying to both create a map and be responsive to the community. You don't have to be a jerk about it, what are you doing to help the development?

Guest Sancdar
Thanks for the pointless progression bar btw, it helps everyone know whats going on so it can sit on the last step for 2 months.

Hey, we spent ages on 16 and 17 as well.

Guest Void

It's not as if ANY game developer can measure progress in a serious project with a one-dimensional bar. There's what we have done, what we have left to do, and what we are going to come up with along the way, and there is no way to measure that accurately. Would you rather have a sub-par initial release that will spoil it all for you and then improve it over several versions, or would you like to wait a bit and, when the map comes out for the first time, say "Holy shit, this is great!!!"?

What about super smash bros brawl?

It was delayed an EXTREMLY long time here in europe.

But when I finnally got it, it was worth all the wait.

Just take it easy 8)

Guest M45T3R

That still doesn't give you any reason to be an ass because they are doing this for free. Just sign up as a beta tester

From what I have heard about the new version, it sounds awesome, but it would be more awesome if I could play it...

Karawasa just released us what we call a release candidate - which means, we try it for some days and if it doesn't fall apart we release it.

Karawasa just released us what we call a release candidate - which means, we try it for some days and if it doesn't fall apart we release it.

Sounds good, for how long has the map been tested?

Guest phistyle
Karawasa just released = Karawasa released today

@_@ sounds good and all for the beta testers but it seems more likely the general public will get this map at the end of 2009 the earliest....

Karawasa just released = Karawasa released today

Oh... Nice! Good luck with that!

for how long has the map been tested?

We test each version a lot, and we are at beta number 23 now, so which "the map" are you talking about? :) Each "the map" get's tested long enough to prove that there are things to be fixed during beta phase. But beta phase is over, we are in RC phase. Now things are a bit different, we hope that we eventually run out of things to fix. I guess I only know one thing that needs attention in the current version, but maybe someone finds more.

We test each version a lot, and we are at beta number 23 now, so which "the map" are you talking about? :) Each "the map" get's tested long enough to prove that there are things to be fixed during beta phase. But beta phase is over, we are in RC phase. Now things are a bit different, we hope that we eventually run out of things to fix. I guess I only know one thing that needs attention in the current version, but maybe someone finds more.

I don't care how many bugs you find as long as you fix them, but I still want that Version out sometime this year!

Guest phistyle
I don't care how many bugs you find as long as you fix them, but I still want that Version out sometime this year!

I agree...I would at least like to see it this year....there will always be bugs...period....no map will ever be perfect..even if the beta testers don't catch it, the general public might...that's what updates are for...if this drags on another month or 2, I'll probably lose interest completely from all this waiting..

Sign in to follow this