EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Bhelogan

Battlenet banning bots

I was fearing this might be a problem. Looks like one to me too.

Guest Sancdar

This is most likely referring more to chat bots, which Blizzard has always frowned upon. The other stipulations are talking about hacks, and I think especially regarding ladder play.

Guest Samadhi

Bot's arent banned as far as i Know. if bots were banned, that would mean that TDA games would be no more. I have played many TDA games in the past few days, so they must not be affected.

I see this news as a "expect mass bans soon" warning, so I guess we will find out soon enough.

Afaik this is related to diablo. The Diablo community is at the moment very excited because the last mass ban killed *all* players that used a hack that was tolerated before.

I suggest to be very very careful, they don't joke.

It is rather suspicious that they decided to use a news announcement to proclaim common knowledge. It seems to me that they have something planned. But, I don't think they will interfere with legitimate bots.

Bots are not allowed, and never were legitimate. They are at best tolerated.

Guest Samadhi

If they kill the TDA bots, they would be killing probably half or more of their player base that plays WC3. They know that TDA uses bots to set games up and to make sure they have integrity (checking for safelisted players). I think they are referring to map hack and bots that are on auto pilot creating garbage in the all the channels. But i think in the end, it is up to their discretion. With that statement, nothing is technically totally safe, but imho i think TDA bots and any bot that isnt annoying wont get banned. I dont think they would want to blatantly hurt their player base who have invested a lot of time to make their custom games more fun to play. Id quit if TDA bots were banned since that's where i spend most of my time other than a little time on footies and a lot of time schooling folks who think they are good at ele td:)

There is one way of telling: If div league exists after the next ban block, we should be ok. :)

Your fear came true finally...

Welp, as of today Warden is implemented into everything wc3 (this means it runs whenever you log into bnet).

ATM warden disables channel bots, host bots, public hacks, lc, vck, dr etc.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Yet another reason to escape Blizzard...

Well they did state "at the moment" so hopefully when they se how many people actaully will quit wc3 they will unlock them again... hopefully....

Guest M45T3R
Well they did state "at the moment" so hopefully when they se how many people actaully will quit wc3 they will unlock them again... hopefully....

I don't see why they would "care" that people leave; it's not like they're making money out of people choking their servers' bandwidth.

SC2 should have a built in custum ladder and automatic custom tourney. :)

Sign in to follow this