EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Silfarion

LWFD question

Guest Silfarion

Ok, when i play in normal game i usually pick LWFD build, and i often come in mind that which of the following pure towers are the best for fighting ronald: Light pure, Water pure, and Fire pure

Any suggestions?

Guest Sancdar

Public Beta? Mass Jinx, and I guess pure water or light.

if you are aiming for more than 50 ronalds, water and fire will not work, because roanlds spread out after the first 30-50. light is nothing worng wil, damage creeps, but finish them off just before the end of the maze. and ya, along with windstorm slowing the maze, massing jinx lvl 1 is a neat idea, if you have alot of money.

it's true that water+fire have the disadvantage of their splash not being as effective, but I always thought long range towers sucked for ronald.

not sure which is the lesser of the two evils...

you've got to have loads of money to make mass jinx viable. it's pretty awesome though. <3 jinx~

sure, longrange sucks compared to shortrange if shortrange is located at 9. but if you play pick, it won't be located there really. and unless you wanna sell, pure light is never at the wrong location to kill em off as late as possible.

not sure which is the lesser of the two evils...
ya, they might be rather equal, water and light. but fire is large splash, so it should be the worst really.

Guest Silfarion

So i guess the best will be light eh? Thank you for your suggestions! :P

BTW, i don't think it will be a great idea to put jinx tower in mass (of course it is good if you have a lot spread through out the map), but the chance is 33.3 %. it means that unless you are very unlucky, you will get that effect every 9 hits. Well, there is no harming putting a crazy load of them, but i mean like, we can add damage towers in between them.

So i guess the best will be light eh? Thank you for your suggestions! :P

BTW, i don't think it will be a great idea to put jinx tower in mass (of course it is good if you have a lot spread through out the map), but the chance is 33.3 %. it means that unless you are very unlucky, you will get that effect every 9 hits. Well, there is no harming putting a crazy load of them, but i mean like, we can add damage towers in between them.

The point is that with more jinx towers, "every 9 hits" will come at even faster intervals, so ronalds will hardly move at ALL. Your main damage should be coming from pures/periodics, and lvl 2 triples maybe. Remember, Jinx towers do damage too!

Guest Sancdar

I'm not sure where every 9 hits is coming from, you've got over a 90% chance to activate within even 6 hits.

As for pure water, I thought in the public beta it still could pseudo-stun creeps. Especially given that the build's got trickery...IIRC the PB trickery is pretty terrible, but it could be useful here.

Guest Silfarion
I'm not sure where every 9 hits is coming from, you've got over a 90% chance to activate within even 6 hits.

As for pure water, I thought in the public beta it still could pseudo-stun creeps. Especially given that the build's got trickery...IIRC the PB trickery is pretty terrible, but it could be useful here.

Well, it is not like the 33.3 % becomes 66.6 % next hit, so it would work in 6 hits, but let's just say you are currently a bit unlucky.

So you mean water is also fine?

Guest Sancdar
Well, it is not like the 33.3 % becomes 66.6 % next hit, so it would work in 6 hits, but let's just say you are currently a bit unlucky.

Right, if I were dumb then I would have said 3 hits.

1-(2/3)^X where X is the number of hits gives the chance that at least one of those hits would activate.

1: 33.3%

2: 55.6%

3: 70.4%

4: 80.2%

5: 86.8%

6: 91.2%

7: 94.1%

8: 96.1%

9: 97.4%

10: 98.3%

The only tricky thing about Jinx is that they don't retarget after they activate, so you either need godly micro or have a lot of towers.

Guest Silfarion

Right, if I were dumb then I would have said 3 hits.

1-(2/3)^X where X is the number of hits gives the chance that at least one of those hits would activate.

1: 33.3%

2: 55.6%

3: 70.4%

4: 80.2%

5: 86.8%

6: 91.2%

7: 94.1%

8: 96.1%

9: 97.4%

10: 98.3%

The only tricky thing about Jinx is that they don't retarget after they activate, so you either need godly micro or have a lot of towers.

Where did 2/3 come from? Isn't it supposed to be 1/3?

P.S: k, why is this getting math? Fine with it though :lol:

Guest Sancdar

(1/3)^X would give the chance that every hit in X hits activated. (1-1/3)^X, or (2/3)^X, gives the chance that none of X hits activated. 1-(2/3)^X gives the chance that at least one of X hits activated.

Guest Silfarion
(1/3)^X would give the chance that every hit in X hits activated. (1-1/3)^X, or (2/3)^X, gives the chance that none of X hits activated. 1-(2/3)^X gives the chance that at least one of X hits activated.

Oh yeah, what i was calculating was the one that it will NOT activate LOL

Well, it is sure that jinx has relatively high chance so putting a lot will do good. It will be funny if none of them activate while a ronald is passing :lol:

Sign in to follow this