EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NinoDoko

More tower combinations!

Guest NinoDoko

Ok, this deffinitely wont go for 4.0 :P . However, i had an idea about more tower combinations.

We have towers which need level2 fire and level2water for example. Why not have towers which require level 2 fire and level 1 water? Or level 3 fire, level 2 earth and level 2 water? There are dosens of possibilities.

Sure, it will be a hell lot of work to think of the combinations, implement them, put them on a list, make sure they work etc...But if u do 1 tower a day... or even 1 tower a week, u will put them really fast (well, 4.0 is taking months, if it takes 3 months beetween versions, u have 12 new towers! :P )

Guest Sancdar

It's hard enough to think of abilities for the current number of towers that are both thematic, original (within the scope of the map, at least), and don't suck/destroy balance. I don't think it would be possible to have twice as many towers or whatever and keep all that. The upgrade paths would be pretty awkward as well.

I guess if you want like a year release between versions instead of two months, it would work. Maybe you don't understand that you can't just make 1 tower at a time and shove it in there.

Guest Silfarion

Well, this suggestion is very, and i mean very stupid (although it is sort of related to topis). How about if we make just 1 more combination for each tower, adding the neutral element?

P.S: I told you it is stupid, yes i know it. I am just saying it since we have a topic about tower combinations.

Quad element towers and the 7th element have been raised before..

it's hard enough balancing the current number of towers..

consider how long the 4.0 has been delayed as the leads are still working on the balance of towers, creep classifications, creep hp and overall game difficulty.. as well as other stuff like terrain and new modes..

Guest NinoDoko

hmmm... maybe it was stupid :P . Anyway, i think that people will start getting bored of the current towers, and they will like new, which means remaking balanced towers which means rebalancing the new towers. Maybe this way u can have new towers without replacing old ones.

i think that people will start getting bored of the current towers
And I think there are more ppl who won't learn how all towers work :)

cause The game is fun even when you know all towers in most ppls oppinions. and there is alot to balance and fix befrore we even think of the idea of more towers.

Guest Silfarion
Quad element towers and the 7th element have been raised before..

it's hard enough balancing the current number of towers..

consider how long the 4.0 has been delayed as the leads are still working on the balance of towers, creep classifications, creep hp and overall game difficulty.. as well as other stuff like terrain and new modes..

I don't think you have to put any quad elemental towers, triple is as strong as it is. and 7th element... Well, it was just suggestion so you don't really have to put it if you don't like it :)

Guest Sancdar
And I think there are more ppl who won't learn how all towers work :)

<-- this guy

infact it's one of the things i don't like about dota. even though i've played perhaps 100 games I'm still a bigtime noob. have played like half of the heroes, and memorized a max a 3rd of all heroes' abilities.

Perhaps instead of more combination for mismatched element levels, there could be a slight damage increase for existing towers using an element that was just upgraded. Maybe for free, maybe not. (Example, if you have a hydro tower build, and then you get Earth LVL2, the tower would remain the same, but get a bit of a damage bonus).

Hm.. not a very bad idea.. i just don't see reason enough for the change, I mean, ppl wouldn't even wanna upgrade the hydro. or the dmg increase was very small, and then it'd just be unnecessary. .. but it would be code-able through wc3's dmg upgrades system.

Guest NinoDoko

i like that idea!

or maybe if u choose for example, fire element, all towers with fire dmg type get dmg increase

and the ones that don't have fire dmg but contain fire, but the idea would neither make the map more balanced or more interesting I think..

Guest Silfarion
infact it's one of the things i don't like about dota. even though i've played perhaps 100 games I'm still a bigtime noob. have played like half of the heroes, and memorized a max a 3rd of all heroes' abilities.

If you want to play good, you must find your type of hero and concentrate on him (oops, off topic :lol: )

and about that increasing the damage as element level goes up, i think it is not bad but it might make game too easy for the pros (i am welcome to the idea myself).

Guest Sancdar
and the ones that don't have fire dmg but contain fire, but the idea would neither make the map more balanced or more interesting I think..

I think it would be cooler if it was just the ones with the damage type. Not to mention it would probably be easier to code. Given that spell-based damage towers get buffs from Blacksmith, I think Karawasa could handle it.

Suddenly level 45 wouldn't destroy me, because I'd have a minor "upgrade" done before my actual level 2 triples came online. I don't know if it's a great idea or not, but I believe it's worth thinking about.

Guest NinoDoko

Well, u can make it so that lvl1. Element will make all the towers with the attack type with slightly less damage than now. lvl2 will increase it to the damage they have now, and lvl3 will make it higher

If you want to play good, you must find your type of hero and concentrate on him (oops, off topic :lol: )

and about that increasing the damage as element level goes up, i think it is not bad but it might make game too easy for the pros (i am welcome to the idea myself).

Two ways to fix this

1) Make the damage bonus something you have to purchase (eg. extra fire damage aura)

or

2) Scale the damage bonus to the difficulty level.

You are wrong, do not concentrate on one hero. At start you should take random, everytime.

To be better there is only a few things to remember:

Lasthitting creeps, most important.

Deny creeps.

A new rune spawn randomly every 2 minutes, if you are lucky and get a rune at 11:56 a new rune can spawn at 12:00 and you could end up with a double damage and a haste.

Do not autoattack, sicksack your hero around the creep you want to lasthit until it has very low hp.

Always have hp bars activated.

if you -order- to attack an enemy hero, enemy creeps close to you will charge at you.

And more time - don't most ppl already thing we are too slow?:D

Double post :) But as stated, it will take a whole lot of time as well as require some new ideas. In that case I would like to have some towers that require skill in some way, something that would be something special for Eletd, I mean DotA got Pudge with his hook, Mirana her arrow and leap etc... Would be nice with some kind of Morphling tower that Might swap between more normal attack damage and higher damage on any ability that tower might have. :P Would be nice, just an idea though.

very true - and when we have ideas they take time to code too.

Of course, didn't expect anything else.

Doesn't hurt to brainstorm, you never know when ideas may be useful in the future. Case in point, the quad tower thread on the old, old forums had some ideas that made it into 4.0.

Sign in to follow this