EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Kaini

New Terrain

i kind of feel the same, at least as it looks on that pic.. though perhaps it suits better with the elemental areas that you created?

Guest Void

It does look better. But if you don't like the cliff at all, I'm afraid there aren't really any other solutions. I guess you'll just have to be player 8 in every game...

sorry for the negative critique, but glad to hear that it does look better :) can't wait to see it all.

I guess you'll just have to be player 8 in every game...
hehe, sure :P

Guest Void

I don't mind negative critique, it helps me make things better. Like with the first one, I did the terrain well for a normal map, but for a TD it just didn't make sense. This should be much much better.

Here are the zones/elements/themes whatever:

P1: Dalaran City (light/nature)

P2: Ashenvale Forest (nature/earth)

P3: Ruined Jungle (water/nature)

P4: Lordaeron Village (light/earth)

P5: Orcish Lordaeron (earth/fire)

P6: Plaguelands (darkness/light)

P7: Ruined Village (darkness/earth)

P8: Felwood Swamp (darkness/nature/water)

So the breakdown on element used is...

Fire:1 time

Water:2 times

Darkness:3 times

Light:3 times

Earth:4 times

Nature:4 times

Hmm... Fire is used only once?

I don't mind negative critique, it helps me make things better. Like with the first one, I did the terrain well for a normal map, but for a TD it just didn't make sense. This should be much much better.

Here are the zones/elements/themes whatever:

it could be following the element weakness

Darkness/Water

Water/Fire

Fire/Nature

Nature/Earth

Earth/Light

Light/Darkness

Darkness/Water

Water/Fire

Guest Void

Tbh, I don't want to change it now, and I think it looks ok. Fire is kinda hard to use with those cliffs, anyways.

So the breakdown on element used is...

Fire:1 time

Earth:4 times

Nature:4 times

Hmm... Fire is used only once?

That is an interesting point. Void, would you mind diversifying the areas a bit more? Here are some thoughts:

P1: Dalaran City (light/nature) This should change to light/fire in my opinion.

P2: Ashenvale Forest (nature/earth) Keep as is.

P3: Ruined Jungle (water/nature) Keep the combination. Not enough water in my opinion, as it looks more like nature/earth than nature/water.

P4: Lordaeron Village (light/earth) Keep as is. This could pass as light/nature in my opinion.

P5: Orcish Lordaeron (earth/fire) Keep as is.

P6: Plaguelands (darkness/light) Keep the combination. I don't like how this one turned out to be honest...

P7: Ruined Village (darkness/earth) Keep the combination. Not enough darkness in my opinion, perhaps some dead trees, blight, corpses etc..

P8: Felwood Swamp (darkness/nature/water) Take nature out of this one. I think darkness/water is good. Perhaps blacker trees, darker rocks etc. as it is sort of earthy at the moment too.

The breakdown would then be:

Fire:2 times

Earth:3 times

Nature:3 times

heey... were is the map? We can't give critics if we don't have any terrains to lock at..............................................................................

................................................................................. :|

Soon as I make some minor fixes I'll post screenies :D

well... where the Screens? @_@

i am crazy to see it ^^

Dóh we problary forgot that you can't se the comments.

Here is some kritiks. (don't take it to hard on yourself though :P)

The terrain were almost better/funner before. Now there is only alot of trees and you can most of the times hardly tell wich element it is.

It should not be this wildy fashion, but you should be able to clearly se what type. I could only se different kinds of trees and small dirt changes. And wrong choose of dodads I think. When I counted I think I counted to 4 darkness? I mean earth and dead boodies doesn't match....

To get some inspiration, play some zelda either ocarine of time, or twilight priestess. This is the different kind of look I want, (exept with the cliffs)

P.S. I don't know wy, but it seemed like the terrain created alot of lagg, what type of dodads/filters did you use? Also the fog.. skip it. Add moonlight rays instead, it is always nice whatever element.

it seemed in most ppls oppinions, your 1.0 terrain was great except edges were not clear,( and perhaps a bit too much dooads and perhaps a bit too many eles/area)

is it possible to add cliffs to what you first made? it is so boring with only plain grass on the ledges and tress to determine element.. i guess the problem is "one cliff to suit them all" since only 1 or 2 cliffs may be used...

Well, to me it looks a lot like this:

4-cubes.png

The texture is pretty repetative, and the mesh is kinda, you know, square, or cube. All the tft cities look like that to me. Sorry, not my taste. :?:oops:

You prefer the city style over the normal cliffs?

@Brule : You've said it because every cliff is grass terrain? I also think so... There's only one different...

@Brule : You've said it because every cliff is grass terrain? I also think so... There's only one different...

Indeed, not just the clifs, but the grass area around the walls

Honestly, it looks quite fine.

yes, they looks fine (better than the current one) but the water terrain looks like has a special treatmeant, leaving the others looks alike,

Sign in to follow this