EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest M45T3R

Windstorm/Monsoon cooldown after upgrading

Guest M45T3R

This is one of the most stupid reasons I leak. Here's what happens:

1.I just finish beating my wave that gives me a lumber when completed.

2.I summon my final lvl 2 element that allows me to upgrade to monsoon.

3.Since my active tornado only has around 15 seconds left, it starts a new one because there is ONE enemy (the element). I cannot stop it from summoning a tornado, which sucks.

4.The next wave starts with a 20-30 second cooldown on my monsoon.

5.I leak like hell.

Does it ever happen to anyone? I think the best way to fix this is to reset the cooldown after an upgrade. If that is asking for too much, then it should at least let us toggle between autocast and manual cast (like well/blacksmith/enchantment).

hehe... that is the same reason why i leaked entire wave 41 on 30% of my attempts in latest forum draft :P and the "timing" is mostly luck, because tornado has to end between elemental and next wave, which is about 5 sec if you summon and kill in 10sec. so you need to prepare your timing by killing wave 40 at an exact speed, with those <5 secs of accuracy. by delaying elemental for timing you get nothing back cause then there'd be a less than 5 sec accuracy needed for tornado to end..

SO - it'd be good with a reset cooldown. I think i remember we had that in previous version, some priv beta, but not the latest. Why would it not be good? I mean the old tornado disappears anyway.

Tornado's cooldown is reset if you update it. Maybe i am stupid and ignorant but i didn't notice a delay oO

It is not reset, the monsoon uses the same cooldown state as the windstorm it is upgraded from. That's why windstorm micro is so important before upgrading. Often it makes sense to start the tornado manually, so it will expire early into the next wave.

Guest M45T3R

Only problem is, if it takes more than 30 seconds to kill a wave, which is the case for the composite wave that gives a lumber (45), it will start a new tornado without letting you stop it. So like I said, either reset the cooldown, or allow toggling between autocast and manual cast.

Guest M45T3R
Tornado's cooldown is reset if you update it. Maybe i am stupid and ignorant but i didn't notice a delay oO

False.

..or manually start the windstorm again after the 45 is done, so it will run out just in time for the next wave. ;)

Guest M45T3R

Doesn't always work. If I finish the wave with 15 seconds left on the tornado, it will automatically summon another tornado to kill the element.

Cisz I'm afraid that is not a valid strategy. in most cases the micro timing is about being right with a less than 5 sec margin, that you have to begin preparing from like lv 39 ^^ I was fully aware of this and yet failed 30% of the times i tried to summon water 2 and make monsoon.

I think it should Reset cooldown!

I don't ming upgrading to monsoon during a wave, as long as it's not late into it. I loose a few seconds of slow, but then they basically stand still. ;)

a few secs into the wave? more like if you try and fail the timing, you don't get the ele down before tornado ends, so new tornado summons when elemental has 5% hp, and i have 25 sec of the wave without a monsoon.

I like to emphasize strategy and thinking. but this awards teh "don't think at all strategy" for the one who tries to think good fails, gets pissed, and never plays the map more.

This is almost too hard, but in a 2nd thought i like to have some cool really hard towers.... hmm. perhaps it's ok, dunno. at least i got pissed when it happened to be twice :P

I (allmost) never fail with this upgrade, so maybe somebody than can fail with it can provide a replay? So maybe we can discuss if playing differently would save the situation?

Guest Sancdar

Build your Windstorm/Monsoon on 1 instead of 4, and just manually summon it all the time. Now that the tornado can fly over ledges, there's very little advantage to having the tower located with your main set. 1 is still close enough to the main part of the map that you shouldn't lose more than a second of tornado even with unlucky timing.

right, if moved to area 1 it's easy. but here's what i don't like, 5 is good in one aspect and 1 in another, so it doesn't matter what you do. but no reset is cool with me too i guess..

Sign in to follow this