EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest M45T3R

My first run in 4.0pb

haven't watched the replay yet, but lvl 2 elements usually require towers to be placed on a LONGPASS placement (read the placement guide).

Usually elemental arrows work well for this. Make sure you use the correct element to ensure 200% damage!

Other towers that work very well for helping to kill elementals:

-Impulse

-Hydro

-Polar

-Jinx

etc.

Guest M45T3R
haven't watched the replay yet, but lvl 2 elements usually require towers to be placed on a LONGPASS placement (read the placement guide).

Usually elemental arrows work well for this. Make sure you use the correct element to ensure 200% damage!

Other towers that work very well for helping to kill elementals:

-Impulse

-Hydro

-Polar

-Jinx

etc.

Yes I know where to place my towers and I use the element that has 200% damage, as you will see in the replay. But I don't have enough cash to make enough towers to beat the element since I usually spend it on nova/windstorm. And I can't build triple element towers just to kill the element because I'm in AP mode.

Guest M45T3R

I tried it again, but this time on multiplayer and I didn't use cheats to get back the money I lost from selling wrongly upgraded towers. :oops: I almost did a no-leak game, but I leaked the wave of water/healing twice; I don't know how to beat them. :?

I would really appreciate some advice on saving money for the periodic towers and beating water waves.

I guess you build too many towers, so you don't have enough interest. Try upgrading nova or windstorm instead of roots, and then one quaker and one zealot should be enough.

After wave 51, you can sell all quakers and zealots, if you can get a periodics for that. In PB periodics sell at 100%, so you can farm interest with them. ;)

Guest M45T3R

Well even with that many towers I still get owned by water waves and barely manage to beat mechanical/healing/undead waves. How can I manage to do it with only 1 zealot and 1 quaker? I don't think there is a difference between upgrading windstorm/nova and upgrading roots/muck except that I need to pick different elements?

As you play it, roots doesnt hit all creeps, it needs a 2 pass placement imo, while nova and storm will usually cover the entire wave at once. I'll try to provide a replay, maybe there is more to it. :)

Guest M45T3R

Yes please provide a replay if you can because A)you're the best player ever at interest whoring (no sarcasm at all, I'm being honest) and B)I am still confused because I don't see how one tower upgrade can replace 6 damage towers.

Guest M45T3R

OK I just watched the replay and I still don't understand how you managed to kill everything (before getting your first periodic) with only one zealot and one quaker. I use 4 zealots and 4 quakers and get all the support towers, yet I leak like crazy.

without watching the replay..

the reason could be due to placement. quakers belong to a long pass placement such as VII or V, zealot at a fast 2-pass placement which usually is IV (more to the right) or III (lower).

and also, upgrade towers rather than massing. also massing 24+ elemental arrows towers of the correct element (200% damage) help while saving gold for upgrades...

Guest M45T3R

Unfortunately I am already doing everything that you said; I place my quaker at long pass and zealot at 2 pass, mass elemental towers to beat harder waves (which rarely works for me, but I still do it), upgrade instead of massing when I can. I guess I'll need to practice more.

OK I just watched the replay and I still don't understand how you managed to kill everything (before getting your first periodic) with only one zealot and one quaker. I use 4 zealots and 4 quakers and get all the support towers, yet I leak like crazy.

Instead of adding zealots and quakers, I added 1 well, 1 blacksmith, and 1 polar. Also I use only 1 enchantment. By the wave of 46, where you collected the elements for earthshaker, but didn't build one yet, I collected the elements for monsoon, and actually upgraded the windstorm.

So by wave 46 I have maximum slow, and you don't. ;)

Guest M45T3R

Ok I followed your tips and I finished a game with 2 periodics, no leak the entire game except for the vengeful spirit wave. I'll post the replay.

You had a couple leaks before level 45. Also, Fire3 is probably a lot less useful than Earth2. If you only care about beating level 60, then it doesn't really matter, but for ronalds, having voodoo cast before ice age/polar takes out a large % of their hp.

Guest M45T3R

I know I needed to get earth 2 but I just misclicked.

Guest M45T3R

Ok I just finished very hard all pick with 295 Ronalds! Replay is in the first post. Thanks for all the tips, especially Cisz's replay, which helped me a lot.

Guest M45T3R
Hey, good work. Looking forward to that replay. :)

Huh? I posted it already, it's in the first post.

Guest M45T3R

I finally got my first no leak replay (except for 3 EXTREMELY STUPID lives lost because of an accidental sell) with 369 Ronalds! I think I am actually a good player now. :D

Sign in to follow this