Karawasa

We have a pulse...

Guest Void
Cool pics!

Every player has a different terrain?

That would be awesome! ^_^

Yep ^^

Guest emoLlama

Freaking sweet! Can't wait you guys! I've been waiting this for a while now. The progress seems good, keep up the good work :3

Guest Darkever00
Tell that to karawasa.. More stuff is being added rather than fixing existing bugs.. things that could probably wait and not delay the release..

Like waiting for terrian to be complete before releasing rather than releasing something then adding it when it comes.. of course most appreciate the work done but it shouldn't delay the release..

I have to agree with this.

Sure, different terrains is extremely cool, but it could simply be added in 4.1... that's the advantage of freeware software, after all! As long as people are not disappointed with the main contents (and I bet they won't), additional features can wait, because releasing a new version is possible at any time.

I can understand you want 4.0 to be as close as possible to perfection, but there will always be things that some people don't like. There could be people that don't like different terrains! :shock: And making them wait may cause them to abandon interest...

Guest ShadowDestroyer

Hey Kara,

When you decide to release the map, please let me know before hand. TT 3.1 is finished and I just wanted you to announce them both at the same time. You don't have to advertise tropical tag, but it would be nice if you could announce them in the same message.

Guest phistyle

blah...waiting forever for this to come out... if most of the bugs are ironed out, why not just release it? you guys can do diff. build releases like Dota...

blah...waiting forever for this to come out... if most of the bugs are ironed out, why not just release it? you guys can do diff. build releases like Dota...

I completely agree with your sentiments. There is a good chance I will cut out Draft Pick if I cannot fix it by the time everything else is in order. We are on a very short horizon...fasten your seatbelts!

Guest phistyle
I completely agree with your sentiments. There is a good chance I will cut out Draft Pick if I cannot fix it by the time everything else is in order. We are on a very short horizon...fasten your seatbelts!

I think this idea would be good since with updates, it would keep people more interested, stuff fresh, and have something to look forward to in my opinion...

But when is it gonna come out, am I to expect a month more? Or is it a week away? Please give us some info about the progresss so we know a little more about what's happening. I've been waiting for this map for ages...

Anyways, Good luck with the map

/PunKZ

@Punkz : Hey, if you like this game and enjoyed it, why don't you become a member of beta tester? Or development team?

@Punkz : Hey, if you like this game and enjoyed it, why don't you become a member of beta tester? Or development team?

I have actually mad a few nooby maps so I know a very small portion of coding, and yes I would like to be a beta tester, But I am not really sure about it yet, I would like to know what I am required to do before I become a part of something.

beta tester test the map, find bugs, test imbalances, contribute to development and ideas..

and there would be no release date.. we'll never make the stated date.. once it's ready, we'll release.. it's worth the wait..

or the draft host would remove you from the pool..then you'll wouldn't see play at all

beta tester test the map, find bugs, test imbalances, contribute to development and ideas..

and there would be no release date.. we'll never make the stated date.. once it's ready, we'll release.. it's worth the wait..

or the draft host would remove you from the pool..then you'll wouldn't see play at all

I think I'm gonna sign up for beta testing then :)

Guest phistyle

the thing is...warcraft 3 is an old game...more and more people are leaving the game as time goes on especially with starcraft 2 and diablo 3 on the horizons or even other games to occupy their time...it may be worth the worth but it won't be worth it if there's barely anybody to play with... I've been reading this forum for a almost a year now and just recently registered and I see a lot of post about "this build may be a potential release candidate" or "it's almost done, and should be released soon" ...then a couple of months go by and still nothing...it just gives me a false sense of hope and just want me to give up just waiting for this map....I know making a map and finding bugs takes time but you guys really shouldn't lie to us like this.... it's almost a half a year since your supposed release date and that is certainly not "coming soon" as you guys stated...and with all this hype you guys are putting into, I hope it's worth it...I don't want to finally play it and think..."geez, you guys took this long for this?" .....I just hope this map gets released before starcraft 2 or even diablo 3 or if I'm still even playing warcraft 3....

the thing is...warcraft 3 is an old game...more and more people are leaving the game as time goes on especially with starcraft 2 and diablo 3 on the horizons or even other games to occupy their time...it may be worth the worth but it won't be worth it if there's barely anybody to play with... I've been reading this forum for a almost a year now and just recently registered and I see a lot of post about "this build may be a potential release candidate" or "it's almost done, and should be released soon" ...then a couple of months go by and still nothing...it just gives me a false sense of hope and just want me to give up just waiting for this map....I know making a map and finding bugs takes time but you guys really shouldn't lie to us like this.... it's almost a half a year since your supposed release date and that is certainly not "coming soon" as you guys stated...and with all this hype you guys are putting into, I hope it's worth it...I don't want to finally play it and think..."geez, you guys took this long for this?" .....I just hope this map gets released before starcraft 2 or even diablo 3 or if I'm still even playing warcraft 3....

When it comes to letting go of Warcraft, I can directly say that there is no risk for me... I will play DotA for a long time to come and if my friends ask for a game to chill off with, I will host EleTD, I Host Eletd sometimes on Garena too, but the game rarely fills up for eletd, But I mostly get about 5 others and around 25% of the players that joins my games are skilled and make it to the Ronalds and maybe 90% have played it before.

Guest phistyle
When it comes to letting go of Warcraft, I can directly say that there is no risk for me... I will play DotA for a long time to come and if my friends ask for a game to chill off with, I will host EleTD, I Host Eletd sometimes on Garena too, but the game rarely fills up for eletd, But I mostly get about 5 others and around 25% of the players that joins my games are skilled and make it to the Ronalds and maybe 90% have played it before.

I really love warcraft too and will play dota for awhile but it's getting pretty old and people will jump ship when starcraft 2 come out and make maps for that...to be honest..the only thing still keeping warcraft 3 alive is dota...

I really love warcraft too and will play dota for awhile but it's getting pretty old and people will jump ship when starcraft 2 come out and make maps for that...to be honest..the only thing still keeping warcraft 3 alive is dota...

Pretty much true, at least in the public, but you know, there's still tournaments all around the world as well as on Battle net in Normal wc3, and on top of that, DotA will never fade away, it gets updated too often to do that.

You are making assumptions here.

-Dota will stay on tft.

-EleTD will stay on tft.

Are you willing to bet on that? ;)

You are making assumptions here.

-Dota will stay on tft.

-EleTD will stay on tft.

Are you willing to bet on that? ;)

Maybe DotA won't, Icefrog has said himself that he might do something in SC2 instead, didn't he?

Maybe DotA won't, Icefrog has said himself that he might do something in SC2 instead, didn't he?

Karawasa is going to port Element TD to Starcraft 2 too.

xD yeah, but u misunderstood, I didn't say Icefrog would make a new DotA in SC2 did I?

But when is it gonna come out, am I to expect a month more? Or is it a week away? Please give us some info about the progresss so we know a little more about what's happening. I've been waiting for this map for ages...

I'm willing to say it publicly because this thing has dragged on far too long. Everyday that goes by without a major bug is a day closer to release. I am planning this upcoming week. Bugs may have different plans though.

Only if Flash (Sliverlight) and Retail (executable) don't pan out.

Guest JadeCamel
wait what?

The latter is admittedly something planned for the future. The former is happening now.

Karawasa, I don't know what your experience wth Flash/AC2/AC3 is, but from my personal experience, you'd be better off jumping into writing it in a full language rather than an animation and scripting system. (admittedly I'm relatively certain you have more development experience than I)

And if you're into streamlining the whole process, C#/XNA is a great way to skip the nitty gritty of a lot of engine development such as graphics rendering and audio output, you'll still have to write collision detection algs of course, but the time between concept to tech test phase is quite rapid.

Additionally, production in C#/XNA opens the opportunity to release simultaneously on PC and XB360(with little to no issues), something I consider to be a big factor in release development.

Just thought I'd give you my 2 cents.

Aggrivatingly Patiently waiting,

JadeCamel

Guest JadeCamel
The problem is that you people want to make this map PERFECT, which we all know is theoretically impossible. You will ALWAYS find a flaw in the map as soon as the previous one is fixed. That's why the supposed January has not happened yet, and will not happen anytime soon if you keep this on. <!-- s:cry: --><!-- s:cry: -->

I can understand how a lot of people here are impatient, I love EleTD, and its pretty much boiled down to the only thing I play on Wc3 anymore (I personally find dota boring and hollow, also annoying since its the only thing anyone ever seems to play anymore...) but there is something important that you're all missing.

Karawasa and the rest of the dev team are putting all this free work time in. FREE WORK TIME! all so you can have fun, and they are just trying to make sure all your waiting isn't for nothing.

You should appreciate how much time and hard work they are putting into this map, take it from me, its not easy, and its not simple, there are very few helpful development tools that will really help you find bugs in your code for the maps, you just kinda have to use clairvoyance at times...

Give them a break, and give them time. we will see a release soon enough.