EleTD.com
Karawasa

We have a pulse...

Voodoo is one of the harder supporters to place. so, if you fail to place it to suit your defense, corrosion should be stronger. but if you get it all perfect, getting all dmg done boosted fully by voodoo, it should be stronger than corrosion. or at least that's what us developers are aiming for. if one of them is stronger in all cases, something is wrong and should be changed, but testing and balance change suggestions should fix that over the 25 betas that voodoo existed :)

Guest Darkever00

How did it become a discussion about Corrosion vs Vodoo? Just build both! :mrgreen:

Anyway, how many days until release?

How did it become a discussion about Corrosion vs Vodoo? Just build both! :mrgreen:

as you might've noticed, our arrival time estimations tend to fail, so I don't dare to promise you a number of days.

Here is a snapshot of current status. I am waiting for exciting cosmetic changes to be completed, and I am finishing up Draft Pick mode. Once both are square, I will be releasing the (hopefully) final private beta.

Guest ShadowDestroyer

Hey Kara,

I know you don't care about TT anymore, but I really wish I could see you on AIM so you could just look at 3.1 to see if you approve. Then, I would like you to message the WC3 mods to pass the upload over to me, so I can update the map without having to contact you.

Thanks

-SD

Guest Vlashe

Been checking the website for 4.0 since November 2008, really looking forward to the release, must be a huge amount of work in it!

Guest Sancdar
Only 5 seconds? Wow I didn't know that, I always thought and read that it was 15.

We were just discussing this in chat and we're pretty sure it ends up being like 6-8 seconds per creep because multiple casts hit each creep and replace the timer each time. So...we're both right? Maledict doesn't get replaced because lengthening the timer or resetting the damage dealt calculation would be bad solutions.

But if you look at my WS replay in the replays section, I was getting 100k-200k ticks off Voodoo with two Periodics. I still don't think it's a great tower, but it does help.

final private beta should be released soon. get draft pick tested. if no major bugs / imbalances, next release should be the 4.0..

Guest fendel
final private beta should be released soon. get draft pick tested. if no major bugs / imbalances, next release should be the 4.0..

Sounds great! ;)

Give me a shout if you need more testers :D

We are at germany right now, meeting in real life for a change, Karawasa, Jolin, and me, and yes, kara has a pulse. :P

Guest Darkever00

Cool pics!

Every player has a different terrain?

That would be awesome! ^_^

Guest MethoD

Cool. I can't wait!!!

Please release asap!

Cheers!

Guest fendel
Looks awesome Kara, really cant wait :twisted:

and hopefully you won't have to do so much longer :)

How much longer? ;)

new doubts arise. i was expecting an RC a few days ago, and I'm sure it had it's reasons to take more time, just another failed eta, but we'll see :)

Guest Vlashe
new doubts arise. i was expecting an RC a few days ago, and I'm sure it had it's reasons to take more time, just another failed eta, but we'll see :)

Still checking every day lol, plz release soon, no one will mind you releasing 4.1 a few weeks later :P

Guest M45T3R

The problem is that you people want to make this map PERFECT, which we all know is theoretically impossible. You will ALWAYS find a flaw in the map as soon as the previous one is fixed. That's why the supposed January has not happened yet, and will not happen anytime soon if you keep this on. :cry:

Tell that to karawasa.. More stuff is being added rather than fixing existing bugs.. things that could probably wait and not delay the release..

Like waiting for terrian to be complete before releasing rather than releasing something then adding it when it comes.. of course most appreciate the work done but it shouldn't delay the release..