EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cpthk

Some newbie question

Guest cpthk

Hi:

I am new to the game. I only can play up to level40. Can anyone give me some tips?

1. When I got lumbers, should I spend evenly to all 6 element? Or should I focus on one element and then go on to next element?

2. After I got the first element tower, do I stop build the two kinds of basic towers and try to build all element towers? Or basic tower is still useful?

3. When I am upgrading towers, should I upgrade to the same element tower or should I upgrade to hybrid tower?

1. 6-element build is hard to play, so I really don't recommend you to do that.. But don't go focusing 100% to one element (It's suicide you know)

Play 4-element build

2. Basic towers are extremely useful to use, they can be used for interest farming because they're can be sold at 100%. I recommend you to stick with basic tower until wave 10+, or if you're up for some challenge, use it until wave 20+

UNLESS, you play on random mode (100% sell for element tower)

3. Hmm, that's a question can't be answered. Actually, it really depends on your current situation.

But IMO, hybrid tower.

1. 6-element build is hard to play, so I really don't recommend you to do that.. But don't go focusing 100% to one element (It's suicide you know)

Play 4-element build

are you kidding? remember, this is the 4.0pb he is talking about. The 6-element build is a breeze to win with. Sure, there are more different types of towers to think about, but just build all of the support triples (nova, windstorm, muck, roots, corrosion, enchantment, polar, voodoo) and you will be just fine and dandy, easy easy ;)

K Edit: Added remaining support triples.

Guest cpthk

so if just focus on 4 elements, which 4 elements should I choose?

I saw in gameplay guide, it recommends water fire light darkness.

That's a historical guide, as it refers to the 3.0 version of the map. ;)

Kirby is right, 6 eles is easy in 4.0pb.

Build one of each support: Nova, windstorm, muck, roots, corrosion, voodoo, polar, enchantment, well, blacksmith. (Trickery is a bit buggy for now.) If you need dmg, add zealots and quakers. Keep your towers near to each other, all those I listed are short range. In lategame go for periodics.

Could you provide a replay? So we could see what tips will help you? Maybe you could do with some placement tips? Or maybe you need help on the damage types?

Oh yeah, I forgot, this is 4.0pb. :D

think of the shock and surprise when the 4pb players play the official 4.0.. it's really a totally different game..

back to topic. 6-ele build, all support, quaker and zealot, ending with periodic is the easiest.

if you do decide to try 4-element builds, you could refer to my guide, scroll down to see some brief notes on all 15 4-element builds..

the best way to improve, as mentioned, post a replay of your game.. then we can give more specific pointers. doesn't matter if you leak a lot, didn't finish the game or ve difficulty.. there are learning points in every game..

think of the shock and surprise when the 4pb players play the official 4.0.. it's really a totally different game..

woah, i was thinking the opposite. that after the long wait many might goh "bah this map is the same as pb, it has teh same towers and almost the same modes and everything!" because, no offence, but many of the public players don't understand the balance that is the main part we introduced to 4.0 from pb.

woah, i was thinking the opposite. that after the long wait many might goh "bah this map is the same as pb, it has teh same towers and almost the same modes and everything!" because, no offence, but many of the public players don't understand the balance that is the main part we introduced to 4.0 from pb.

There is a handful of completely new towers...and a few completely new modes (and ones that I anticipate will see play, unlike say Competitive Mode)...and a hell of a lot of performance tweaks (this alone should bring some people back)...and the balance changes are significant enough that it will be noticed by anyone on Easy or above...

But I'm biased perhaps...

Guest smc002

it's so amzing to see our language here. i'm a Chinense...i mean the ? ? ? ?s

actually, this is the first time i get to a foreign forum. wrong words and wrong expressions, of course.

woah, i was thinking the opposite.

But I'm biased perhaps...

and i was exaggerating it a bit the other way when i wrote that^^ perhaps it's somewhere in between:P a lot of new but not Everyone will notice it.

and the balance changes are significant enough that it will be noticed by anyone on Easy or above...
That's it - Easy or above usually is represented by <50%.

Sign in to follow this