EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

4.0 Loadscreen Assistance

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to add some additional text to the 4.0 loadscreen. I'm hoping someone more artistic then I will come along.

http://www.eletd.com/images/eletd5.tga

Notice I also attached a .jpg of my attempt. You need to account for the loading bar in your design (it is above the bottom middle block of text and between the left and right blocks of text).

Please include this text:

*Like the image?

*Check out the mousepad!

*http://store.eletd.com

Edit: Using store.eletd.com instead of mousepad.eletd.com as the domain for the store.

Needs to stay in .tga format.

Any help would be appreciated.

eletd6.jpg

I actually do not remember, and I do not have the .psd...I'd say try and blend it in or simply recreate the text if need be.

Guest Vigi-

I played with the colors too. The font might not be working but I couldn't find the one to match his so I had to redo it and nothing felt right :/.

Let me know if you like it and the changes I made to the colors. It can be toned down if you feel it to be too bright.

Hey Vigi- thanks for taking a shot at this so soon. I do feel that the colors are too bright, and I agree that the font doesn't feel right.

Guest Vigi-

I actually liked the font he used.

Someone figure it out!

Do you like where the text is situated?

Guest Vigi-

everything is too blue? or would u rather just the darkness be more purplish

Yeah, everything's too blue. Darkness actually isn't so bad - I would like to see something between your version of darkness and the current version. I think the current darkness is a little too purple.

I like what you have done with the color balance. Not sure about the text, but that is where we could use some help. I think I speak for Vigi- when I say we would appreciate someone coming up with a cool font to use on the loadscreen. It can be built-in, custom, downloaded etc., just good.

Guest Vigi-

we did a test drive with the loadscreen and im sure we agreed the text looked pretty good afterall. If u still can find a hott text or think u have one let us know.

also feedback on the image is quite welcome

etd.png

I think the gfx is very nice. The text only ok imo. I liked the original font better. How about playin arial? Maybe widen it a bit?

Yes, do take note that the 4.0 loadscreen will be saved in a different format than the 3.0 one. So image quality did take a hit, but hopefully not too much (lot of space saved, so it is worth it).

Nice work finding him, consider this matter resolved. Vigi-, thank you for working on this, but I'm sure you will understand...

@Vigi- - Maybe you could explain what you did to the colours in a way a gfx pro can understand. I mean, we allready saw it looks great, so if you tell him to "nerf blue by 20% on the first 3 bars" or whatever it was that looks so great, all your work won't be wasted. :)

If we continue like this, the credits will get bigger than the map. :P

Guest Vigi-

If he asks, otherwise I'm not going to bother. He can have the .psd if he wants to look over the changes personally.

make Sure links are using Large Fonts.

REALLY LARGE

RelnForce said he found the forums through someone - and did not notice it on the loadingscreen, which was another reminder that we presumably used too small letters.

Sign in to follow this