EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacob

Jacobs Challenge

Guest Jacob

All replays must be using element td 4.0 public beta, on newest patch.

The rules are simple:

1. Challenge must be played on very hard, and everything else normal mode: All pick, "no chaos or extreme mode"... You may pick short mode if you prefer, (but thats not adviced since you can make a lot of lives in former waves).

2. Type greedisgood 99999, for unlimited wood and gold.

3. You may only build 8 towers max, no pure or periodic towers... (you may sell and rebuild as long as there are only eight towers in the game, apart from that you may build any tower combo with as many elements you like, may it be dual or tripple.)

4. the use of any other cheats is disqualify obviously.

Replay must be made in order to reach hall of fame :P.

Ronald M.C Donalds:

1. Jolin012: 449 Ronalds.

2. lopsku: 109 Ronalds.

P.S: Sorry for not requesting a challenge to the mods, but i thought this'd be cool.

Edit - As long as you don't make it look as if it's one of the mods challenges, there will be no problem. Cisz. :)

Aight, then...

hey, nice challange(and original, afaik none else used greedisgood in challanges before), i will try it if i find time. the only thing that bothers me is actually the time it takes to reach level 60:p. I guess Shortmode is at least accepted, to shorten it a little bit. You made it clear with "All other modes normal" but I request a rulechange before anyone submited a replay, just to make it more handy for players who wish to try it=).

Guest Jacob
hey, nice challange(and original, afaik none else used greedisgood in challanges before), i will try it if i find time. the only thing that bothers me is actually the time it takes to reach level 60:p. I guess Shortmode is at least accepted, to shorten it a little bit. You made it clear with "All other modes normal" but I request a rulechange before anyone submited a replay, just to make it more handy for players who wish to try it=).

Thanks, yea i thought that... Although i never try'd short mode, short mode is that you start at level 30 ?, thats optionall... it doesnt mather for the ending result :)

Edit: I made this challenge because i've try'd it, and find it to be pretty hard getting a decent ronald count with 8 towers.

Guest loqula

Nice idea for a challenge Jacob. Unique and quite interesting. I'm not sure what you consider a "decent" Ronald score. If you were to just build life/eternal/soul catcher towers til 45-50, you can easily end up with lots of lives to blow on Ronalds. I got about 300+ lives by the time Ronald round started on Short mode. I bet you could get more on normal mode. I got 75 Ronalds on my first try and 132 on my second. Just consider these scores as a benchmark, not for the hall of fame. It's tough to decide which tower combinations is the most effective with only 8 allowed.

Guest Jacob
Nice idea for a challenge Jacob. Unique and quite interesting. I'm not sure what you consider a "decent" Ronald score. If you were to just build life/eternal/soul catcher towers til 45-50, you can easily end up with lots of lives to blow on Ronalds. I got about 300+ lives by the time Ronald round started on Short mode. I bet you could get more on normal mode. I got 75 Ronalds on my first try and 132 on my second. Just consider these scores as a benchmark, not for the hall of fame. It's tough to decide which tower combinations is the most effective with only 8 allowed.

Exactly, and thats the interesting part about it, if i can say so myself :P, also it'd be so laggy and boring if i'd allow the build of infinite towers.

Its quite a good idea to create life towers untill level 50, and then when you have infinite life you can start making other combi's. I'll definitally attempt that, but in this case you'd rather start on normal mode insteed of short mode.

I got 449 ronnies on the first try, using zealouts and support and no micro after like 50 ronnies. its really messy and not very well played though :P i leak evil children like 3 times in a row cause i played bad and built zealouts before they could charge up.

jacobs challenge 449 zealouts.w3g

Guest Jacob

Lol nice replay... also how you lost the lives almost as fast as you gained them :P.

Guest lopsku

gave it a shot and got 109 ronalds with my weird(+stupid?) vulcan tower tactic. I would've probably gotten more if i had 6 vulcans instead of having a malefic&hydrochloric tower at the beginning as i hardly ever managed to actually hit them when they had the debuffs.

btw i dont want to be rude(well maybe i do :D ) but jolin's replay is played on normal difficulty, not very hard ;( iam sure he could achieve an equivalent amount of ronalds on very hard, been watching some of his replays ^^

jacobs 109.w3g

gave it a shot and got 109 ronalds with my weird(+stupid?) vulcan tower tactic. I would've probably gotten more if i had 6 vulcans instead of having a malefic&hydrochloric tower at the beginning as i hardly ever managed to actually hit them when they had the debuffs.

btw i dont want to be rude(well maybe i do :D ) but jolin's replay is played on normal difficulty, not very hard ;( iam sure he could achieve an equivalent amount of ronalds on very hard, been watching some of his replays ^^

my post: Posted: 01 Nov 2008 22:28

jacobs post: Last edited by Jacob on 02 Nov 2008 18:43, edited 5 times in total.

when i posted my replay the reules were "normal difficulty". but I see jacob has changed the rules now^^

okay my bad, sorry :P

not at all, you wuoldn't know. I'd say what's wrong is a change in rules during the challenge without informing anyone that there ever was a change... or did I read wrong when I posted my replay? i doubt it.

Guest lopsku

aye. Learned a valuable lesson from your replay anyway, didnt know the life towers thing stacks between them 8)

Guest lopsku
wait.. THEY DO????

o_o;

errrrrr.... :oops:

well personally i find it rather difficult to believe that 6 towers would manage to divide their kills so that you get 10 lives each wave all the time, iam not really good at math but the probability seems VERY low :lol:

if anyone of your lifetower does a kill, that tower has a chance of getting a life for it. the chance is 100% for level 3 life.

oh. it's random then? (percentage chance)

when i see the tower description I think "oh, every time this -particular- tower gets 3 creep kills, 1 life is added to your total".

I guess in hindsight that doesn't make as much sense, but that's how i interpret the description.

no, it's not % based, that was just to make it simple. but perhaps it just got more complex :oops: . anyway, you're right, eery 3rd or 9th or w/e kill gives the life. so if you use only one life tower, and no otehr tower you'll notice that it does give life exactly every x creeps.

i think tehy follow individual killcount. aka 15*0(2 kills equals 0 lives)=0 lives

rather than 15*2=30 30/3= 10 lives.

but I didn't test it out

but if I have 15 life towers and each of them gets exactly 2 kills, do i get 10 lives or 0 lives?

You'd get 10 assuming you had 40 or less to begin with.

Guest Sancdar

Isn't there just like a "battery" variable that charges up to 9 for each player?

Guest Jacob
okay my bad, sorry :P

not at all, you wuoldn't know. I'd say what's wrong is a change in rules during the challenge without informing anyone that there ever was a change... or did I read wrong when I posted my replay? i doubt it.

I cant remember changing the rules after you post your replay, i changed them after you wrote that i might change gamerules so people can pick shortmode if they so prefer. Other then that i'm sort of suprised... I could'nt be bothered checking the armor of the creeps apperentally.

Maybe you did not refresh the page ?, anyway your score remains because you could have done better anyway. might not sound logical but yea, i am convinced somebody can top that.

Sign in to follow this