EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
holepercent

The (beta) forum draft series!

you can always resubmit...so best to just upload what you have and replace it later.

you can try attaching as a zip file maybe? i would just upload it somewhere else though.

Keep on going bro...! I think DDRKirby is planning something on his build.. Hmm....

nothing special...after all there really isn't that much variation possible here :lol:

Beta Testers (and above) can now send an attachment with their PM. On a side note, Beta Leaders can now ignore the flood limit.

apparently w3g files (replays) can't be attached.. so this doesn't work for my draft..

Beta Testers (and above) can now send an attachment with their PM. On a side note, Beta Leaders can now ignore the flood limit.

apparently w3g files (replays) can't be attached.. so this doesn't work for my draft..

Fixed.

The new version is released... Should we send a replay of beta 15b or beta 15?

Although, I don't think the change made in the new beta is affecting anything in our build.

Nothing nerfed, nothing buffed

The new version is released... Should we send a replay of beta 15b or beta 15?

Although, I don't think the change made in the new beta is affecting anything in our build.

Nothing nerfed, nothing buffed

Afaik the beta the draft startet with.

All 4 have submitted their replays.. there's still under 24hrs for anyone who replays and obtains a better score to replace the submitted replay..

The draft is closed! everyone has submitted their replays (some more than 1).. so no further submission will be entertained.. results will be out shortly (although you probably know your place already)..

Guest DevouringOne

I know mine forth of four. The best. I worked so hard to achieve this. :D

The draft is closed! everyone has submitted their replays (some more than 1).. so no further submission will be entertained.. results will be out shortly (although you probably know your place already)..
Hehe yes I think I'll be third. I realized, that I hadn't got much time :( The sent replay was my 4th try.

Do you publish the replays later?

I've tried this for 6 times...

I'm amazed about the powerfulness of impulse/velocity

Maybe it's overpowered..? It can even handle a mechanical fire wave... With micro technique though

Congratz Kirby, you won twice in a row...

Your builds are "almost" impossible to be copied...

How comes nobody complains about devs replay? :?

DevouringOne, your map is in the wrong folder. It belongs into /maps/download, and not into /maps/scenario. :wink:

Comments:

devouringone: wrong map folder! boooooo.

-use longpass on elementals whenever possible

-in general try to save up more money. Amplified elemental towers are great early game, but they quickly become obsolete and you need to upgrade! can't upgrade if you don't have enough gold...

-Unless you're really good at building fast (=P) try not to ever use arrow/cannons past lvl 30, it's just a waste of time, since you have to build a LOT to be of any use.

-tried to go for the lvl 3 light a bit too early ;). Remember that all it gives you is the ability to build pures (which you can't yet anyways because you have no essence) and the ability to build lvl 3 duals involving light (which you also can't do because you have no other lvl 3 element)...

kaini:

-nice, clean opening. I would advise switching to elemental arrows for waves 8 and 10 though.

-Beware those knights ;)

-ouch at wave 26, you had all nature damage and no water. instead of building the life tower for that level, you could have built water cannons/arrows and did better. or gotten the tidal. ...hm, or maybe you didn't have enough money for the tidal...in which case, you just need to save up a little better.

-Make sure you build well! it boosts impulse, and it -doubly- boosts tidal since it will help charge the ability faster as well...

-oh, you have well now. ok good. I just would have gotten it before the second impulse.

-wow, some close calls ;)

-imho getting both velocity AND tsunami is overkill. better to save up.

-Another supernova at 5 would have served you well...

-Also consider the fact that tsunami probably works better at a longpass like 1, rather than 3. I originally had your setup as well, but decided I could switch tsunamis to 1 because they would work better.

-oh, you have supernova at 1. That's helpful! But again, at 5 as well would be helpful. (it is true that it's not AS helpful because you don't want impulse to fire on creeps when they're around 5, but it still gives you more time overall)

-you seemed to neglect tsunami's ability toward the end =(

lesher:

-yay sell/rebuild! =P In general though it would be better to use a standard arrow opening in the beginning and have a "cleaner" start (talking about first few waves)--playing at 4/5 rather than letting creeps get past. The reason is because it would be much faster, and the interest doesn't actually matter that much so early in the game because you don't have much gold anyways.

-building in a zigzag block pattern like I do is faster than building in a line because your builder has to travel less.

-wave 17 im not sure if you caught the interest sell or not (watching at high speed) but if you didn't, you should have.

-wave 20, don't use cannons against mech!!!

-aw, you got 2nd interest as your 5th pick! if you start with 2x interest it'll be even better. True, you're going to have to work harder, but look at me--it's definitely possible ;)

-good call building more for the shredders. however, now im worried about what happens if a fire wave comes up...

-ah, you built water arrows. okay, that works.

-wave 38, instead of building more impulse towers, why not upgrade the wells? or perhaps both, since you really needed a lot more at that point (composite waves are HARD!)

-wave 42...yeah, i'm really wondering why you haven't upgraded well towers yet =( you even upgraded velocity already =(

-wave 46 yay, finally! it may surprise you that you did fine here when you only had nature damage, but you had a LOT of damage going on.

-wave 48, ah, here comes tidal. imho tidal is pretty ineffective at this stage though, you really want something like 2x tsunamis over 4 x tidals. also, where is the supernova??

-ah, okay you addressed both of my previous concerns. =P I'd rather have a supernova at 5 than 6 though.

overall comments:

this draft was neat! Basically the strategy here was impulse towers and tidal towers--which made sense. We also had pure light, so we had a nice NWL cycle going (do you all understand why NWL and FED are good cycles to have?). lesher seemed to rely on velocity a lot, but in my build tsunami was doing a majority of the work. I was actually really surprised by tsunami's performance--it even seemed a bit overpowered!?

Starting builds with 2x interest and not building anything but arrows+cannons until like wave 30 is fun! This was a pretty "all-pick" flavored build though--both impulse and tidal are heavily micro-based, so after the initial sell/rebuild arrow/cannon phase, there was still a lot to concentrate on.

Of course there is sell/rebuild, I tried to be kinda like your builds, Kirby... Interest abusing (although it's not entirely my style)

@wave17: It's true that I missed my interest, and few more on later waves... It's hard for me to sell and rebuild at high speed, you know

@wave20: Yeah, I pressed wrong button and pressed cancel too late

@Interest 5th pick: Well, not everybody can become master quickly, I still need some time to learn that...

@wave 38/42: Yeah, I totally forgotten about the well tower... I should've noticed that earlier.. Man, if only I noticed it earlier....

@wave 48: Umm... on wave 46-50 I only still had light lvl1, you know? So at least the only thing I could build is nova, not supernova... (Beside that, I totally forgotten about nova too)

ah, okay you addressed both of my previous concerns

Which one?

Which one?? Sorry if I sounded like a noob

Which one?? Sorry if I sounded like a noob

dev = devouringone

-wave 48, ah, here comes tidal. imho tidal is pretty ineffective at this stage though, you really want something like 2x tsunamis over 4 x tidals. also, where is the supernova??

-ah, okay you addressed both of my previous concerns. =P I'd rather have a supernova at 5 than 6 though.

"both of my previous concerns" -> tsunami being much better than tidal, and no supernovas yet

Ahh, about devouringone's replay... (I thought devs was developers)

- I think you should stick with arrow/cannon at least until 20 or 25... For Kirby, he may even play even over wave 30... Elemental arrow/cannon still sold at 100% you know

- Yeah, taking on lvl3 elemental boss without proper defense = disaster. Usually, high damage tower like laser or long range tower will do fine for those elemental bosses

- You built FLAME tower!!! It's restricted on this draft, you know...

Sign in to follow this