EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

Quaker Attack Range 500 -> 700

I sugguest to make quaker range 700 while the ability stays at 500. that way locarion 3 and 9 would also be valid locations for the tower - for it to have the normal attack work on 2pass and the ability mostly on 2nd pass.

What do you think?

ability range was changed to match attack range and vice versa.. like nova and others..

700 range would require more damage balancing.. 500 allows for higher damage to compensate for the limited placements.. but it feels more suited to the 500 range..

i miss having my quakers at 3 =( Now it's almost like I can ONLY build them at 5 (well, there is 1 too, but...). i think i'll live though. maybe. iono, i'm not really fond of the 500 range thing at all.

voodoo placement is also really restrictive now...

um - when it was 700 range the only place was 5, perhaps a bit useful at 7 too. now it is equal at 7, 5 and 1. whereas 7 is faster, but 5 is easier when combined with other towers that can't play at 7.

I like the Quaker as it is.

There is only one problem: It won't work perfect at III, IX or VII/VIII. But don't worry be happy 8)

nono, the problem is that it IS max powered at 7 5 and 1..... the problem is 7. max power at 7. extreme racing full power. 10 sec faster than area 5.

...or perhaps it ain't that powerful, infact that's the same speed as tidal, as tidal can finish of the creeps by splashing when last creep Just reached 5.. however, tidal makes up for how hard it is to play, and doesn't even stack well with the tower it contains, "well tower". (too much speed to launch the splash when all are in range, unless combined with slowing towers where it can get a larger % of the splashes to full power.

I'm content with Quaker.

It is good to be spammed since the 20% damage is a bit low to make no-leaking sure. ^^ But when spammed, I get more than excellent results. I always use this tower at 2, 4, 6 plus on the top edge of 5 (as 500 range makes it a long pass in corners).

Probably a slight increase to 550 wouldn't hurt (as range 500 means that building it on the left side of 6 will barely hurt creeps on the right side so I always end up 1-pass).

nono, the problem is that it IS max powered at 7 5 and 1..... the problem is 7. max power at 7. extreme racing full power. 10 sec faster than area 5.

Maybe in pick but I think in random if you have to spam Quaker1 towers it isn't very strong anymore because you haven't got enought space to build it.

there are slots for 4 (of it)at 7, 4 at 5, 4 at 1 and if ya like, one at 3 and one at 9.

electronx, i do not understand your reason behind playing them at area 2, 4 and 6. I have not compared but i would guess that is not very effective compared to area 3 and longpasses (7,5,1)

when i say area 3 it means teh slot in area 3 where it is 2 diagonal steps up-(and 2)left from the very corner of area 3.

I say one true spot on area 3. it is here

it does 2pass with it's ST attack, and it's ability has a fairily large area covered. Still - I think that this is not as good as area 5, 1 and 7, but not sure.

Maybe this is even worse than a regular 2pass... but I don't know. haven't examined the ability dmg vs normal dmg. however, I think it should belong to longpass, therefore I would say if buff is to be done it's 20%->25% chance for stomp and if nerf is to be done it is nerf in dmg. else perhaps a little lower attack dmg and higher chance or dmg in ability.

temporary.PNG

Sign in to follow this