EleTD.com
holepercent

4.2b2 forum draft anyone?

1. Draft rules remain the same with the following rule additions:

None!

2. Version will be 4.2 beta 2. Forum draft rules / draft pick.

3. For those who forgot the draft rules: Draft!

4. Interested players post your nick here...

I join! But.. What if beta 15 is released when we are discussing about the elements..?

Draft rules remain the same with the following rule additions:

-periodic is RFG (removed from game)

Why?

I would join but I have got lots to do for school...

Hey, me too Kaini.. I'm just doing this on my spare times, lol

But if you got exams on your schedule... That's ur choice man

Would the 4th player register? that is the question..

draft will be played using the beta it was started in.. so it'll be updated to b15 now..

unfortunately yes.. the draft still needs a 4th and preferably a 5th but not necessary..

the first draft also took a looooong time to find the 4th before cisz and jolin012 registered as the 4th and 5th drafters after many calls for players in the irc and forums.

ask your friends to join.. don't really need to be pro.. there are plenty of things to learn and strategies to discover as seen from the first draft..

Btw, on Kaini's behalf, I also want to ask:

Why periodics is RWG? Can we abuse periodics now?

to reduce the possibility and motivation of a 6-element draft.. even in the nerfed form, periodic is the strongest or supposed to be the strongest tower for the 6-ele build. everyone would probably end with periodics in a 6-ele build. then i'll have to use the best/most creative build design -2 rule to determine the winner..

and to encourage more 'restrictive' strategies in line with the ideas of the draft.. a more restrictive towers and elements is more interesting strategy and buildwise. and hopefully more creative solutions to the build presented..

Ooh.. I see now, that's okay then

Hmm.... But, late wave creep are hard to kill without tier2 or tier3 towers now..

tier3 maybe not but tier2s will definately be available.. the first draft featured tier3 ice but the top 3 players didn't make use of it at all..

unless a draft of 5 tier1 elementals and the rest interest and pures.. but that's pretty suicidal to draft.. and probably difficult (impossible?) to complete.. which wouldn't make for much fun.. the ideal is something challenging but still competitive..

although jolin012 did manage to complete 4.0pb with 6 lvl1 elementals .. WDNEF would probably be the best bet for 5 tier1s.

Guest DevouringOne

Count me in but know that I will be 4th of 4...

and so we have a 4th.. i'll just wait a bit to see if a 5th decides to show up.. but i definately can start with 4.

i'll start the draft within the next two days..

clarify any doubts or questions about the rules here first before i start the draft..

Guest DevouringOne

What actually I have to do?

-TO play the game on VH and to save a replay?

-TO play the game on VH without PTotE and to save a replay?

-TO play the game on VH without PTotE and something that you'll tell me and to save a replay?

and so we have a 4th.. i'll just wait a bit to see if a 5th decides to show up.. but i definately can start with 4.

i'll start the draft within the next two days..

clarify any doubts or questions about the rules here first before i start the draft..

Why aren't you playing?

Come on! It is just for fun :P

Hmm, maybe because Holepercent is the host of this idea

So, to be balanced and fair, he become the decider, but not in the game

Am I right, Holepercent?

that's why kaini added "come on, it's just for fun" i guess, as in, letting hole have some fun too :) and i think deciding the rules isn't enough to leave hole outside the competition. But - my oppinion doesn't count as much as I'm not even in this time :?

no, I'm not. alot of school work now, i rarely play etd now. but I try to stay in shape and do some game every now and then and ofcourse develop some ideas for the map. not time for a draft though.. it is fun, but takes some time.

i wanted to give 1 week for that first draft but jolin had something on and asked me to push the deadline (so that he wouldn't be disadvantaged as he would have had less time)...

anyway.. let the draft begin!

the official draft thread is here