EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

Conserns

EDIT: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT FLAMETHROWER NOW

And about flamethrowers they are good but I think they need to be a bit changed.

Nerf either the damage, range, speed or damage on explosion by a little but not to much.

And make their explosion buff last about 0.3 seconds. When I combined flamethrowers with magics the magic tower always got the last shot and any creeps rarely exploded so their skill were wasted, I were thinking of selling those as I killed light pretty easy even with magic towers.

And lets say I combined flamethrower with drowning. If they shoot at the same target, flamethrower would never get the kill without luck.

Agreed about the flamethrower!

At last, someone has a same concern like me

But.. Isn't 0.3 seconds is too short...?

Might be, but it should not be to long since it attacks really fast.

0.3 should be enough, if a flamethrower is constantly attacking a creep with a 0.15 cooldown.

Magic is a damage tower and needs to be boostable by all support duals. And it is now. Like it was allways planned. And damage duals got boosted several times.

As a result: Damage duals boosted by support duals are very strong (and hard to get, as you need to level up your elements a lot).

I didn't understand your post entirely: Imagine that blacksmith simply works on magic now. Did you experience a normal boost? Or more than a normal boost? Normal includes ofc smith boosting all the damage, and that's magics extra damage too. (The same goes for all other damage towers.)

But I thought with all the new planning and such magic would only get increased mana from blacksmith.

And Musrhoom would only get increased attackspeed from well.

Did this concept change?

Magic:

The tooltip says "fire up changes the cooldown". I never realized it being buffed by BS, might just have missed it.

Flamethrower:

I vote for the change. The kaboom-effect doesn't scale with the level nor stack, so at early levels it is way too über (30 creeps die at the same moment), at later levels it is simply nothing while the damage itself is still bad. At early levels I tend to build it, later on I sell it. FDE contains FD which is excellent, as well as DE.

Guest Timberwolf

Leave the base damage of flamethrower the same, but make the explosion a % of the creep thing.

Really the last thing it needs is a basic damage nerf on it's regular attack. This is the first version of it in Ele TD history (from 3.0 onwards when I started playing) that has been useable.

%-based damage is never good from a balance point of view.. it's usually too imbalanced.. (like kindle dealing 2% damage of creep hp).

increase the base damage and maybe change the 'chain reaction' to a %-based chance? like 33% to cause a chain reaction each attack.

Maybe we should start a new in minor changes about flamethrowing? Magic wasn't a bug, it was supposed to be that way.

Flamethrowing could also be this way,

Each 5 attack on the same creep cause an explosion OR each 5 attack on the same creep has like 50% to cause an explosion.

When a creep dies it will be 100% chance to explode. and 50% chance to create chain reactions.

Maybe?

perhaps, each attack by flamethrower covers the main creep (aka we would now once again have a singletarget+splash tower) with more and more oil(or something) for each attack. (more explosive oil with blacksmith) and when the creep dies it dies with an explosion, more heavy the more attacks the creep took. aka - no longer not a spammable tower. no longer needing to take the last hit.

Yes that was sort of my idea. I think it is better then mine actaully.

But my idea worked sort of the same thing; each attack made more and more "napalm" on the fifth attack it were so hot so it exploded. :oops: But yours were better.

And maybe a capped at 15 attacks.

ah - if you meant the same, sorry, or better - if mine is easier to understand for some - see it as an explanation of yours for those ;) why capped?

I don't know, because the ordinary explosion damage might be lesser :|

But imagin this you have 4 flamethrowers and 1 waterfall tower. And 1 level 3 magic tower. that you micro togheter.

I don't know but wouldn't that explosion be a but exploding`? But I don't know.

EDIT: I just remembered wy now.

If you have 1 flamethrowing each attacks deals 350 damage. And each attack must then be fueled with less then 350 damage or it will 1 hit everycreep nearby everytime.

But when thinking about this trice it might only be a good non original thing.

Sign in to follow this